• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Daily Pooja

Status
Not open for further replies.

Secondly another question arises, while we have instances in our Vedas
some refer to the modern scientific activities similar to the concepts explained on the
lines of Vedas. Whether one believes or not, people can notice equalities to the
Vedas and Great Scriptures. For e.g in Ramayana, one can notice that King Ravana
flew from one place to another in a Vimana, similar to the one devised by the
Wright Brothers. Similarly the birth of King Pruthu. His consort Arci and the
demon Bahuka by churning the body of Vena, this is identical to cloning. We talk
of nuclear bombs of today. One can notice that Ashvathama fired a Brahmastra
at Uttara, which destroyed the foetus in her womb without causing any injury to
her. In Kurushketra War too, many subtle celestial weapons were used, which are
similar to the present day sophisticated weapons invented by the Scientists. In
Shrimad Bhagavatam, Kakudmuni's experience of relativity of time is described.
Is it not the resemblance Einstein's theory of relativity.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Last edited:

The procedure of performing a puja explained in detail in the Yajurveda.
In the chapter which relates to the Karma, it is outlined the about the necessity
of the puja performance. Some do pujas purely with the aim of warding off the
ill effects of planets or for seeking the blessings of their Ishta Devata Kula
Devatha so as to seek the blessings of the Deity. Even Maha Periyava has
emphasized
about the importance of Puja and it is available in his discourse collections.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

The procedure i.e. paddhathi that is being followed while performing pujas are explained
in various books giving the details of its performance. Earlier people were not worried
about Vastu aspects. But, now a days, people do Vastu puja on the lines recommended
by the Vedas.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Dear Kind Folks,

Yes we understand the value of praying and the metaphysical benefits it brings. But what about family members or friends that do not find love in praying?

How can we as souls that have found love and a liking for praying/meditating inspire others?

I fully understand that we all carry our own burden of karmic actions and our likes and dislikes come from many births.

But when you identify someone with a spark of interest but no ambition towards puja/worship, how do we give them an extra push to develop a routine and longing?

Shri Raghubir sir,

The word 'metaphysical' means, among other items, "Highly abstract and overly theoretical". In my long life of 72 years, starting as a small boy in a religious Tabra household, I have found that "prayers" do not have any benefit other than a kind of superficial mental satisfaction to those who make prayer a daily routine. It is not necessary that if one is fond of prayer, then his/her family and friends should necessarily subscribe to the same interest. Expecting such a trait in others will be like imposing your will and pleasure on others' freedom. But if your wife, children or other family members knowingly and deliberately hinder, obstruct or cause difficulties in your doing your prayers, then you have to legally fight out that issue.

As regards one's friends, it should be easy to filter the non-praying types from the circle of friends, imo.

Dear Kind Folks,

Yes we understand the value of praying and the metaphysical benefits it brings. But what about family members or friends that do not find love in praying?

How can we as souls that have found love and a liking for praying/meditating inspire others?

I fully understand that we all carry our own burden of karmic actions and our likes and dislikes come from many births.

But when you identify someone with a spark of interest but no ambition towards puja/worship, how do we give them an extra push to develop a routine and longing?

Dear Sir,

I have come to realize that we need to respect the preferences of others.

Just becos a person does not pray that does not make him/her in anyway better than a person who prays.

Many who pray are actually doing so purely for benefits as you rightly put it.

Very few people pray purely for the love of God.

Forcing anyone, preaching to anyone etc will not really do any good.

Love for God is like falling in love..there is always the right place and right time.

When we recite Loka Samastha Sukhino Bhavantu everyone in our family and world is covered ..that should suffice for now.

Puja is primarily conducted at every house to express the reverence to the
God or Goddess. Normally, an image i.e. a picture or idol placed in the Puja room
serves as a method of gaining access to the Divine Power. Pujas are done
in temples in a day at the time of sunrise, mid afternoon, again in the evening i.e.sunset
and later in the midnigh, i.e. Arthajamam. While the essential aspect of puja in the
Temple is congregational worship whilst in the house, it is an individual's offering to a Deity.
Worship takes place in the house too daily. As regards house worship, the heart of every
Hindu Brahmin home is its shrine. Normally, an exclusively sacred space is set apart
or earmarked while constructing a building for puja activities chiefly to honor the God
and worship HIM for sustained peace and happiness. Normally, puja is usually performed
by at least one member of the family everyday. There is a staunch belief that doing puja
to God or Goddess, enables their presence of their Divine Power in the house , to protect
or safeguard the family from all evil deeds and for prosperity of the family members.
While doing puja, such as incense sticks, flowers, fruits, and neivedhyam are offered.
During the domestic puja, the head of the family or any member who is well versed
in chanting mantras do the prayers to god or goddess for the welfare of the entire
family.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

there are some typo errors in my post, harm shastra to be read as dharma shastra. (my smart phone is too smart to auto-correct word to suit its lingo) my apologies for not checking and correcting it.

woman is different from man , biologically , emotionally, intellectually , functionally (the role they play in society) pshycologically and so shastra has different set of rules to different gender / jathis.

if people don't want to acknowledge the fundamental aspects of nature it only shows their half-baked intelligence and nothing else.

if one says menustral woman is performing vedic ritual, it shows like the rivers in india polluted to the extent of sewers our rituals have also been polluted .

We need to purify .

My Guru is used to emphasize that morning Sandhyavandanam should be done without fail.
Only after that, he says morning bath should be taken and then have a Veshti and Angavasthram
kept separately should be worn. With that one is permitted to start performing puja. After doing
the puja, he used to advise his devotees to perform Pradikshina in a clockwise direction chanting
slokas and then prostrate before the God in the 8-fold manner i.e. Sashtangam. While summing up,
he invariably says that one should chant the mantra for the excuses if any wrong pronunciation or wrong acts
done knowingly or unknowingly. He also used to insist that one should pray to the God to keep away
from immoral people. After all this only, he normally permits a person to eat or drink tea/coffee, etc.
and later perform the rest of the daily activities. HRHK has rightly mentioned that if a menstrual
woman is performing vedic ritual, is equal to the rivers viz. Ganga, Yamuna, etc in India being polluted
by the sewers in North India. Like that our rituals are also likely to get polluted. Further, he used to say
that puja is purely a personal contact between the God and the Devotee every day morning. At this hour,
one should ask for forgiveness, if any mistakes committed on the previous day knowingly or unknowingly.
Further one should chant the mantras very clearly to attain the spiritual strength, wisdom, etc. besides
Divine Power.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back