Tamil Brahmins
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Panchakacham

samgeeth Guest

Question Panchakacham

Dear fellow members,

This is a real request. After many years, I now need to wear a "veshti" the way that's needed for a function, ie in panchakacham style, and try as I might....

Could someone kindly provide instructions, would be ever so grateful.

Thanks & regards.
    V-gotram
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads
    let me try.
    first you have to take 8 muzam veshti and spread it fully
    hold the veshti behind your back and leave more than half to your left. then encircle your tummy and tuck the veshti at the waist leaving the two ends free like wings.
    now take the right wing and fold the edge near the waist like visiri and continue to fold the broad end similarly and tuck the madippu in the nabi area.
    repeat same for the left wing and tuck the visiri at the back.
    tada you have panja kacham!!
    hope i am right!
  3. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads
    NAVY EEWARAN, u have explained in a simple way, thanks. if possible , pl. explain with diagram OR sketch, thanx in adv.,
  5. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads
    dear ammanji,
    i dont have a scanner but let metry if word can give me some help
    eswaran
  7. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads
    dear ammanji,
    word did not help
    so imagine a rectangle with R,L,RB and LB as 4 sides
    r right l lft rb is right bottom etc,
    L L1 R1 R

U
    LB RB
    U= you standing in the middle of veshti
    now hold with your hands LI An R1 as if u have wings
    bring L1 to right of navel and tuck . now take R1 an tuck over the veshti to the left of navel. now two ends are hanging from your stomach. now fold from R1 to R an R to RB by keeping 4-5 inch folds.then tuck the resultant in the nabi area.
    repeat for L1 to L an L LB an take it between your legs and tuck in the back Voila u r ready (i hope)
    Last edited by navy-eswaran; 09-10-2006 at 12:18 PM.
  9. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thank you Mr.Eswaran, i think i have troubled u , sorry. once again i thank u for your detailed explanation.
  11. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    samgeeth Guest
    Dear Mr Eswaran,

Quite remiss of me, this belated reply. Many thanks indeed and I'll give this a shot. It looks as if the first step is a knot near the waist/navel and from then on it escalates rapidly.There is also a word here which is alien to me but...

Kind rgds,
    V-gotram
  13. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Images
    this might help you

with pictures

http://www.ahobilam.com/manthrams/an...a-dharanam.asp
    Contact - Donate - Share - Guidelines

Since i do not read all the posts, if you need to bring something to my attention report the post or send me a message with the link.
  15. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads
    http://www.ahobilam.com/manthrams/an...a-dharanam.asp

Please see this site which demonstrates wearing of Panchakacham with illustrations.
    Hope u find it useful.
  17. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile panchakacham

my mom used to say if you want to appear colorful you can use a six muzham saree as a panchakacham , as long as it is new . is this true? if allowed, then what is the best technique to get the best out of it ?
  19. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast