Tamil Brahmins
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads

Gas cylinder procurement vs aadhar card

Could someone please explain to me the rationale behind the Aadhaar card and subsidy for gas cylinders, especially for those not qualifying for the BPL (below poverty line) category?

I understand the need for subsidy for BPL citizens. But as it stands, the Aadhar card is touted to be mandatory for everyone, if he/she were to apply for a gas cylinder, though the card is not yet in the hands of many citizens. The census operation in 2011 in several city zones seems to have left many citizens without the so-called NPR (National population Register) ID slip that was reported to be sent.

This slip was received by very few people even within the same street.
    In my street, with nearly 150 residents, census people collected relevant names and other details in 2011, and as evidence of their visit to the homes, a small stamp-like label was affixed on the front-door frame. Yet, only 10% of the homes in my street received the NPR slip. One of my neighbours, down two doors from my home, got it, but none in the other 18 homes right next door. Why is this happening?

Recently, I stood in line and waited for over 8 hours at the local Corporation office, with proof of DoB, ration card etc, yet when I reached the counter, I was told rudely that my name was not found in the NPR database, and that I will have to submit a fresh application to request for an Aadhaar card, that the census people will then once again visit my home and verify, and then only send me a slip with an ID number. This slip must then be taken to the biometric center for incorporation into a new Aadhar card.

My question, ultimately, is this. Is the GOI providing subsidized gas cylinder to every citizen, irrespective of whether one is BPL, or a billionaire? If not, is there any Govt advisory on what exactly do they propose to do regarding gas cylinders vis--vis those who are not BPL but who do not have the Aadhar card yet?

Would any one knowledgeable about this matter please clarify?
    Last edited by Naina_Marbus; 02-09-2013 at 01:25 PM.
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads
    NPR slip is usually handed by the Census person directly .We got it directly from the concerned person who visited our house for Census and that lady told us to keep the slip very careful for future biometric processing . Many of my relatives have got that . The name of the Census person has also been mentioned in that slip .
    As regards AAdhar card iI feel it is s really in a big mess and there is no proper co-ordination for this .But in due course I expect it to be streamlined properly .
    Here are some links that you can go through :
    Many enrol for Aadhar at banks
    http://newindianexpress.com/cities/c...cle1734592.ece
    Aadhaar enrolment to continue longer

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...cle5069041.ece
    The most elusive number

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...cle5055149.ece
    Last edited by mkrishna100; 02-09-2013 at 01:56 PM.
  3. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Naina_Marbus View Post
    Could someone please explain to me the rationale behind the Aadhaar card and subsidy for gas cylinders, especially for those not qualifying for the BPL (below poverty line) category?

I understand the need for subsidy for BPL citizens.
    Why do BPL citizens need cylinders? The first attempt should be to make them rise above BPL.

These subsidies are killing...

My question, ultimately, is this. Is the GOI providing subsidized gas cylinder to every citizen, irrespective of whether one is BPL, or a billionaire? If not, is there any Govt advisory on what exactly do they propose to do regarding gas cylinders vis--vis those who are not BPL but who do not have the Aadhar card yet?
    My parents got the Aadhar card last week, and perhaps, I would have to wait in queue when I go to India in september. Things are rather vague now as to the usage but the few people with whom I have discussed this have said that gas subsidies, any applications (for ration, electricity, etc) and registerations (sale), as also driving licence, would perhaps be linked with this number. How far this is true and the integrity of those implementations is left to fate.
  5. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Images
    Aadhar is basically for BPL people (those who have no aadhar) and not made compulsory by the original planners. I doubt whether Nanadan Nilekkeni himself knows the purpose of it. It was brought to India because it was done in the US. Once it was almost given up after our Home Ministry's tiff with the very idea. Then it revived. The bank account is sought supposedly for transferring the subsidized sum to the beneficiary's account. Poor people and the executives of the government believe the amount would be transferred. Some would get to authenticate and rest would miss. From BPL they would be troded down Below PaathaaL Loham. They have already spent 3/4K crores on this. See, there are beneficiaries!
    கற்றது கை மண் அளவு, கல்லாதது உலகளவு.
  7. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Is Aadhar for everyone or only for those who opt for it?

If it is for everyone, then everyday a baby is born. How would a new born baby procure an aadhar card?

If it is for those above a certain age say 18, every day someone turns 18. Should there not be a campaign for Aadhar everyday?

How about subsidy for those who have not a gas connection now but would get one later?
  9. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Images

I understand the need for subsidy for BPL citizens. But as it stands, the Aadhar card is touted to be mandatory for everyone, if he/she were to apply for a gas cylinder, though the card is not yet in the hands of many citizens. The census operation in 2011 in several city zones seems to have left many citizens without the so-called NPR (National population Register) ID slip that was reported to be sent.

In my street, with nearly 150 residents, census people collected relevant names and other details in 2011, and as evidence of their visit to the homes, a small stamp-like label was affixed on the front-door frame. Yet, only 10% of the homes in my street received the NPR slip. One of my neighbours, down two doors from my home, got it, but none in the other 18 homes right next door. Why is this happening?

Recently, I stood in line and waited for over 8 hours at the local Corporation office, with proof of DoB, ration card etc, yet when I reached the counter, I was told rudely that my name was not found in the NPR database, and that I will have to submit a fresh application to request for an Aadhaar card, that the census people will then once again visit my home and verify, and then only send me a slip with an ID number. This slip must then be taken to the biometric center for incorporation into a new Aadhar card.

Dear Sri "Naina_Marbus",

As on date I understand Aadhaar cards are here to stay as per Law of the land. Details are available in the official website of "Unique Identification Authority of India" given here under:
    UIDAI
    Either we have to obey the order or wait for some one to challenge in the Court of Law.

I will confine my answers relating to seeding of Aadhar Numbers to subsidised Gas cyliners. Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited have given detailed clarification in respect of supply of subsidised Gas cylinders and Aadhar cards. Please find the same in the weblink given below:
    Cooking Gas Revised Norms- Cap on Subsidised LPG cylinders - HPGas- HPCL

The following weblink gives procedure for linking Aadhar Numbers with Gas Connection
    http://www.hindustanpetroleum.com/Up...PG_Aadhaar.pdf

I hope you will find answers for your queries in the weblinks given in this message.
    I have linked my Aadhaar number with my HP Gas supplier without any problem.

Brahmanyan,
    Bangalore.
  11. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Those of us who are US Green Card Holders who visit Indian once in 18- 24 months are the most confused about this Aadhar Card.

Last time when we were in India , we were told that issue of Aadhar card is temporarily suspended; we might again be going to India sometime in 2014 only. We need also Gas as cylinders for cooking.

We are completely clueless as to how we can get this Aaadhar Card when we are in US?
  13. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads

When the registration for aadhar card was done, they did not insist on our giving a bank account number. I got my aadhar card without bank a/c therein. Now the gas supply agency says aadhar card should show the bank a/c. Bank manager says they can link the account to my aadhar card number but cannot write anything on the aadhar card itself. Net result - I may not get the LPG subsidy at all. See the intelligence of MMS & PC!!
    श्रेयो भूयात् सकलजनानाम् ।
  15. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by P.J. View Post
    Those of us who are US Green Card Holders who visit Indian once in 18- 24 months are the most confused about this Aadhar Card.

Last time when we were in India , we were told that issue of Aadhar card is temporarily suspended; we might again be going to India sometime in 2014 only. We need also Gas as cylinders for cooking.

We are completely clueless as to how we can get this Aaadhar Card when we are in US?
    Dear Sri Padmanabhan,

At the outset I for one do not find any usage for Aadhaar Number,except for availing Government subsidies.

The Act is not yet passed in the Parliament, but the Bill for establishing the "National identification Authority of India" has been introduced in the Rajya Sabha. According to Sec 4(3) of the draft Bill presented "An aadhaar number shall, subject to authentication, be accepted as proof of identity of the aadhaar number holder." Further Sec 6 of the draft bill says" The aadhaar number or the authentication thereof shall not, by itself, confer any right of or be proof of citizenship or domicile in respect of an aadhaar number holder."

All that you need for registering under Aadhaar Scheme is your Identity proof and Address proof. It is enough, if you attach a copy of your Indian Passport that gives both with your application for Aadhaar card. Enrolment for Aadhaar Card is done throughout the year in various places. With little bit of effort you can find the Aadhaar registration place nereby to your place in India.

Interestingly today's "Deccan Herald"carries a news item regarding the PIL filed in the Supreme Court to examin the validity of Aadhaar Card. Pleaee open the following weblink for details:

SC to examine validity of Aadhaar card

Regards,
  17. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sri.Brahmanyan Sir

your reply is really useful for those of us living in Far off places

Thanks
  19. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast