• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Yogi Adityanath govt announces pension for sadhus in Uttar Pradesh;

prasad1

Just months before the Lok Sabha Elections, the Yogi Adityanath government has announced that a populist move to grant pension to sadhus in Uttar Pradesh. As per the details available, the pension will be provided to Hindu seers who are above the age of 60.

The pension would be provided under the state pension scheme for senior citizens. Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath said the government would set up special camps across the state till January 30 to help sadhus enrol for pension under the scheme.

https://www.timesnownews.com/

I thought pensions are for dedicated service in a government job.

I suppose this is similar to social security check but for that one has to have contributed during work life.
Then it should be for all Indians or all UP residents.
This proposal is biased and hateful.

How do they finance such deficits.

Last edited:

Jaykay767

Absolutely agree. And it is most unkind when farmers are under such distress after working so hard in the field.

And our supporters are strangely silent when it comes to farmers suffering. I don't see not an iota of concern ??

CHANDRU1849

Absolutely agree. And it is most unkind when farmers are under such distress after working so hard in the field.

And our supporters are strangely silent when it comes to farmers suffering. I don't see not an iota of concern ??
What do you want to do when farmers are facing difficulties? Do you want the office goers and senior citizens to commit suicide?

When Sharad Pawar was the Agri. Minister during UPA regime what was his achievement? He spent enormous time on BCCI Meetings, very desperate to retain the President Post, instead of cocentrating on agri. related matters. He had given scant respect to his portfolio. Thousands of farmers died in Vidharbha Region due to poverty.

Jaykay767

What do you want to do when farmers are facing difficulties? Do you want the office goers and senior citizens to commit suicide?

When Sharad Pawar was the Agri. Minister during UPA regime what was his achievement? He spent enormous time on BCCI Meetings, very desperate to retain the President Post, instead of cocentrating on agri. related matters. He had given scant respect to his portfolio. Thousands of farmers died in Vidharbha Region due to poverty.
That's why we voted out the previous one and brought the current govt. this govt destroyed the entire farm sector with the disastrous demonetisation and farmers all over the country are on the roads protesting for over 2 yrs now. None of the BJP leaders even bothered to meet them and did not even want to discuss till the loss of the 3 core Hindi states. Now they are talking of sops for farm sector.

I am sure members can write against the govt on this forum and elsewhere about the policies and farmer suffering, so that they are pressured to act. But not a word against the govt on the farmer distress. As I said it would be hilarious if it was it so tragic for our people.

CHANDRU1849

That's why we voted out the previous one and brought the current govt. this govt destroyed the entire farm sector with the disastrous demonetisation and farmers all over the country are on the roads protesting for over 2 yrs now. None of the BJP leaders even bothered to meet them and did not even want to discuss till the loss of the 3 core Hindi states. Now they are talking of sops for farm sector.

I am sure members can write against the govt on this forum and elsewhere about the policies and farmer suffering, so that they are pressured to act. But not a word against the govt on the farmer distress. As I said it would be hilarious if it was it so tragic for our people.
UPA was voted out not because of farmer sufferings but due to anti incumbency, secondary to various scams led by 2G fiasco.

Nowadays common men are not showing much interest in agriculture related issues, let alone Govt. and farmers. When the issue becomes serious, immediate arrival is farm loan waiver. Agriculture related issues become a political tool and hence, there may not be any permanent solution, as in the case of Hindi imposition, Srilankan Tamils, Cauvery Water, Mullaiperiyar,Tamil pride etc.

You please write to Sharad Pawar requesting him to contest BCCI election again.

prasad1

Chanduji,
What are you talking about?
It has nothing to do with my post.
Maybe you have a new topic, start a new thread.

Jaykay767

Mr. Chandru Ji,

I meant we voted out upa for the 2g scam, corruption.etc. But this govt has failed spectacularly. Now the Jobs disaster is all over the news. There is a bad news on economy every day and people are really suffering.

Pl talk to any small trader in chennai or any city, he will talk about how business has declined after Demo and GST. Not to forget the farmer protests.

So what should people do ? Continue to pose faith in this govt or look for alternatives. Al of us know, there are no holy cows in politics.

JK.

CHANDRU1849

Mr. Chandru Ji,

I meant we voted out upa for the 2g scam, corruption.etc. But this govt has failed spectacularly. Now the Jobs disaster is all over the news. There is a bad news on economy every day and people are really suffering.

Pl talk to any small trader in chennai or any city, he will talk about how business has declined after Demo and GST. Not to forget the farmer protests.

So what should people do ? Continue to pose faith in this govt or look for alternatives. Al of us know, there are no holy cows in politics.

JK.
Sir

I am not here to support the present Govt. like you for Congress. Virtually, you act as a KO PA SA (Kollgai Parappu Seyalalar) for Congress.

Sharad Pawar's role as Agri. Minister was terrible and unfortunately no one has exposed his failure and his unstinted faith in Cricket administration only, which happened under the very presence of MMS, the world renowned Economist (?).

This Govt. should have brought a legislation barring Central Ministers holding position in sport bodies. This has not happened since Arun Jaitley is holding a position in Delhi Cricket, it seems.

Your jubliation on the elevation of Priyanka Gandhi, a Buddhist, is really amusing.

When a world renowned Economist could not do anything to stop scam after scam, but functioned as a mere puppet, how can we expect the same from the present Govt.

prasad1

Sir

Your jubliation on the elevation of Priyanka Gandhi, a Buddhist, is really amusing.
Still, your post should be in some other thread.

A Buddhist is not an insult.
Buddism developed in the Indian subcontinent.
Hinduism's origin is not known but has similar ideas to Zoroastrian Religion. They probably originated somewhere in central Asia.
On that basis, she is more Indian. I do not know her qualification, so I can not justify her new position.
I am against dynastic politics. Seeing how bad Rahul is, she may not be any better.

Jaykay767

Sir

I am not here to support the present Govt. like you for Congress. Virtually, you act as a KO PA SA (Kollgai Parappu Seyalalar) for Congress.

Sharad Pawar's role as Agri. Minister was terrible and unfortunately no one has exposed his failure and his unstinted faith in Cricket administration only, which happened under the very presence of MMS, the world renowned Economist (?).

This Govt. should have brought a legislation barring Central Ministers holding position in sport bodies. This has not happened since Arun Jaitley is holding a position in Delhi Cricket, it seems.

When a world renowned Economist could not do anything to stop scam after scam, but functioned as a mere puppet, how can we expect the same from the present Govt.
Hi Chandru Ji,

Let's understand, there is a rising tide against this govt and people at large are looking back to congress/others due to the economic mess.

But that does not mean, we support the erstwhile corruption. So if congress or coalition indulges in corruption, it will be major disaster for them.

In the age of hyper active social media, I personally feel it will be very difficult to do any more big ticket corruption like the 2g scam.

I mean, look at rafale, the way it has caught on social media, now over 35% think, there was corruption involved in the deal as per india today's survey.

Coming to Priyanka, I had a chance to see some of her speeches on youtube and I am really impressed. I feel she will be a great leader in coming years.

JK

CHANDRU1849

We have been having versatile speakers in Tamil Nadu politics with change of voice and mannerism. Most of them are not good.

Mere oratory skills are not enough to lead a nation like India.

CHANDRU1849

Still, your post should be in some other thread.

A Buddhist is not an insult.
Buddism developed in the Indian subcontinent.
Hinduism's origin is not known but has similar ideas to Zoroastrian Religion. They probably originated somewhere in central Asia.
On that basis, she is more Indian. I do not know her qualification, so I can not justify her new position.
I am against dynastic politics. Seeing how bad Rahul is, she may not be any better.
Priyanka has right to choose her religion and practise it.

But the actions of both Rahul and Priyanka seem to be contractory. Rahul had been running around temples during election time in Gujarat, though he declared himself as a non Hindu. Priyanka, a Buddhist, is visiting Kumbh Mela.

sansubr

This government has done much more for farmers than any other government till date. Instead of parroting words like "farmer suicides" and "farmer distress" - also see what benefits farmers have received till date.

During 2017-18* crop year, food grain production is estimated at record 284.83 million tonnes. In 2018-19, Government of India is targeting foodgrain production of 285.2 million tonnes. Milk production was estimated at 165.4 million tonnes during FY17, while meat production was 7.4 million tonnes. As of September 2018, total area sown with kharif crops in India reached 105.78 million hectares.

India is the second largest fruit producer in the world. Production of horticulture crops is estimated at record 306.82 million tonnes (mt) in 2017-18 as per third advance estimates.

Total agricultural exports from India grew at a CAGR of 16.45 per cent over FY10-18 to reach US$ 38.21 billion in FY18. Between Apr-Oct 2018 agriculture exports were US$ 21.61 billion. India is also the largest producer, consumer and exporter of spices and spice products. Spice exports from India reached US$ 3.1 billion in 2017-18. Tea exports from India reached a 36 year high of 240.68 million kgs in CY 2017 while coffee exports reached record 395,000 tonnes in 2017-18.
Read more on other government initiatives to help and grow farming: https://www.ibef.org/industry/agriculture-india.aspx

Jaykay767

We have been having versatile speakers in Tamil Nadu politics with change of voice and mannerism. Most of them are not good.

Mere oratory skills are not enough to lead a nation like India.
Agreed. In the current context of emergency, Rahul and Priyanka are definitely a far safer bet, They are willing to listen to allies and accommodate them.

The current standoff is very damaging to the very existence of Indian democracy !!

CHANDRU1849

The UPA Govt at the Centre headed by Congress between 2004 and 2014 was a coalition one and the PM was from Congress. Why were there so many scams? Was it due to Congress’ submissiveness to allies or acted on its own?

Except PVN’s regime, all other coalition Govts. turned out to be disastrous, let alone inefficient.

prasad1

I am not A puppet of Congress, nor a supporter.

RBI admits loan frauds under Modi Govt three times higher than UPA-II
In response to an RTI application, RBI admits that both the number of and the amount involved in bank frauds have spiralled in the last 4 years compared to the 5 years of UPA-II between 2009 & 2014.

CHANDRU1849

We may have different statistical data if there is change of regime.

If one has to look at the history of corruption, Congress has set of lot of precedents as far as Central regime is concerned. Regarding TN, it starts from 1971. Every corruption has a precedent from DMK regime.

prasad1

We may have different statistical data if there is change of regime.

If one has to look at the history of corruption, Congress has set of lot of precedents as far as Central regime is concerned. Regarding TN, it starts from 1971. Every corruption has a precedent from DMK regime.
Of course, we are biased based on narrow politics.
Corruption has a beginning date somewhere in the ancient past, Congress did not invent it, nor did DMK.
Modiji and BJP came to power with the mandate to end corruption.
Why are we now defending corruption of this government?
It is a lame excuse, blaming the past government does not help.
The Indian government is not like a building with a crumbling ground floor, so the superstructure built by Modi is crumbling.
Each government is like a new crop, it has to stand on its own foundation. So after 4 years Modi government has to own all corruption, black money, crony capitalism, all broken promises.
Pointing fingers at others do not help, and it is high time that Modi supporters realize it. Country has gone past that Modi Charm, the last three state elections proved it.

Follow Tamil Brahmins on Social Media

Latest posts