• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Wood Cutter Story retold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wood Cutter Story retold

You all know the famous Wood Cutter Story.

To brush up that old story

Wood cutter lost his iron Axe in the river while cutting

a tree , and when he prayed to the River Goddess, she appeared and first showed him

a Golden Axe and asked him if it was his, to which he said "No" and then Riven Goddess showed him

a Silver Axe, and asked him if it was his, again the Wood cutter said " No "

Finally the River Goddess showed him his own Iron Axe and asked him if it was his, the Wood Cutter

happily said, " yes" and the River Goddess was pleased and gave him all the three for his truthfulness.

This was the original story with a moral behind it.

After few years the same Wood Cutter went to a Mela ( Festival ) and lost his wife in the crowd

Initially he thought that she would come back on her own, but she was not.

so once again he went to the River Goddess and prayed and The River Goddess appeared

and first showed him, "Miss World " and asked him if she was his wife,

immediately the Wood cutter said " Yes"

The River Goddess now got annoyed with him and asked him why he was lying

to which the Wood Cutter replied

"if i say No she is not my wife, then you would show me Miss Universe and ask me if she was my wife,

again if i said No, you would show my real wife and ask me if she was my wife,

to which if i say Yes, then you would give me all the three of them..

:wof:

... story cont'd...

The River Goddess asked "So what? You can live happily with all three of them as you did with the three axes."

The woodcutter replied "I can manage the two new ladies, but the old one is just too much to handle."

The RG asked "But what if the other two make your life miserable?"

The WC replied "Simple, I will just push them into this river..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back