• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Wonderful advertisement! Emotional, Inspiring & Lovely Commercial

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG! What an irritating old lady!..as it is the patient has dietary restrictions..breaking rules just to give in to sentiments is not advisable.

I pity the nurse dealing with the old lady! The nurse should have sedated her!LOL

I remember a case where a patient with total out of control diabetes had his left leg amputated and was put on dietary restrictions in the ward and the patients daughter sneaked in some heavily oiled Roti called Roti Canai and fed the patient and the sugar level sky rocketed after the meal.

In my opinion this commercial gives the wrong message that hospital food will not make you recover but home cooked food will.

The truth is not all types of home cooked food will meet the dietary specifications for every patient.

Last edited:
Madam,

I understand your POV...But these advertisements are for basically raking the moolah!

Try to create an emotional black mail, a cocktail of emotions to inveigle the masses!

In this case as the product vended is an oil brand, they have to attract the women folk!

What is the best way to reach the audience!

Through a Mother-son (or is it grandma-grandson) story with the theme of motherly love & affection crossing all boundaries!

Logic has no role in emotions!

Dear Ganesh Sir,

Does 'Fortune' brand sell dhals too. because I have heard of oils only!

What I wonder is that how this oil is going to make that dhal so tasty?

Is it not the other ingredients that make it tasty? :confused:

Anyway nice short movie.

A five star hotel had engaged an Iyer mAmA to 'thALichchufy' the rasam prepared by the other chefs.

It was known as 'Parameshwara Iyer rasam'. May be the ghee used for thALichchufying made it great! :lol:

Have you tasted mustard oil made snacks.The taste is horrible..They get spoilt fast, while coconut oil tastes great and last long..So it is the type of oil that plays a role in snacks

Now I got it!! Thinking that rice bran oil is good for health, that hospital chef might have 'thALichchufied' with rice bran oil

and hence that patient guy refuses to open his mouth to eat! :hungry: . . . :nono:

Have you tasted mustard oil made snacks.The taste is horrible..They get spoilt fast, while coconut oil tastes great and last long..So it is the type of oil that plays a role in snacks

Ask a Bong and he will tell you how great tasting any snack cooked in mustard oil is!

I agree with your taste buds, but the oil preferred is regional and cultural. What stinks to one is aromatic to other. I have seen mustered oil being used in south Indian Achars.
Similar reaction is there to the Desi Ghee in north India which is made from butter but not as well cooked as the south Indian Nai.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back