• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Wife draws cartoons on cigarettes urging her husband to quit smoking

Status
Not open for further replies.
A different way to persuade husband to quit smoking! Nice!

https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fuploads%2Fcard%2Fimage%2F103697%2F700b230cgw1f4evloengqj20dw07sdgi.jpg

https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fuploads%2Fcard%2Fimage%2F103699%2F700b230cgw1f4evlpblv5j20dw0oqmy3.jpg

[h=1]Wife draws cartoons on cigarettes urging her husband to quit smoking[/h]

By Alicia Tan

With the implementation of Beijing's new smoking ban in public areas just days away, people are finding creative new ways to help Chinese smokers to quit.
On Tuesday, a woman who goes by the surname Zou, used World No-Tobacco Day to present her husband, Ran, with a box of cigarettes.
But it wasn't just an ordinary box of cigarettes. Inside the box were 20 sticks that Zou had individually drawn motivational cartoons and messages on.
Some of the messages written on the cigarettes include: "Small animals are afraid of smoke, don't you want to protect them?" "This is your fortune, are you sure you want to burn it?" And, "Isn't this 'child' cute? Do you have the heart to burn it?."
According to CCTV News, Zou told reporters that Ran smokes a lot due to the stress of his job as a salesman. She said that she decided to make the drawings so she could motivate her husband to quit smoking.
Zou presented her unique gift to her husband on World No-Tobacco Day.

Image: Weibo

After receiving his wife's gift, Ran said he was moved by how much effort she put into it.
"I see these pictures and text, I'm really touched. If I don't quit, I'll be letting my wife down," he told China News. "From today onwards, I firmly say no to cigarettes. And when I'm entertaining, I'll proudly display this gift, so it can also motivate my friends who smoke to quit."
Starting from June 6, Beijingers caught smoking in restaurants, offices and on public transportation face fines of up to 200 yuan ($32). Whether this new law will be adopted by other Chinese cities has yet to be confirmed.
China has the world’s largest smoking population. Statistics from the World Health Organisation (WHO) show that there are more than 300 million smokers in China, which is a third of the world's total.

http://mashable.com/2016/06/02/chin...mash-com-tw-uk-link#7CkfRp747lqj#MNk4ys988Pqi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back