• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Why South Indian Brahmins are intelligent?

sravna

Sravna..to some extent I dont think anyone of us need to " place ourselves in a box" based on abilities be it intelligence or brute strength.

Dont you think that is just way too much bodily identification as " I am ONLY the physical body"

There is something called the Subtle body which has imprints of all lives we had taken be it animal or human of any race or varna or even insects or plants..all those imprints are also there.

As you must be knowing nothing is ever destroyed..so we are still very much what we were from first day of manifestation when the world started hence you would see even some Brahmins who were born in veg families adopt eating meat as adults because some previous birth imprints could be acting up.

So why give ourselves too much bodily identification.

If one is able to move beyond all these gunas, the imprints would be rendered inactive and one functions in the Atmic level.

Honestly Sravna, this is what Nahi Nahi Rakshatin Dukren Karane is about.
Just surrender to God and move beyond your intellect and function at an Atmic level where all free will is lost and only the Divine will works through us and we are merely an instrument and nothing more.

There is an Islamic prayer to recite before eating food which translates as

" All praises be to God who sustained me with this and granted me this food to me without any doing of my own or without any power of my own"

Ok, one would have worked, earned money, bought the grains/ vegetables and cooked it yet one is not attributing anything to self effort and thanking God that He made everything possible.

Its a good prayer, it removes our ego of being the doer.
I like the Islamic prayer you quoted. I believe in it truly. It is God who has been sustaining me with me doing nothing and no power of my own.

renuka

Gold Member
Gold Member
I like the Islamic prayer you quoted. I believe in it truly. It is God who has been sustaining me with me doing nothing and no power of my own.
So you do get that concept that God sustains you.
So in that case its God's will that is functioning through you..so why do you still want to have bodily attachment of being more capable of seeing the bigger picture because of the varna of the body?

Doesnt the Divine will transcend bodily varna?
Get what I mean?

sravna

So you do get that concept that God sustains you.
So in that case its God's will that is functioning through you..so why do you still want to have bodily attachment of being more capable of seeing the bigger picture because of the varna of the body?

Doesnt the Divine will transcend bodily varna?
Get what I mean?
Renuka,

Everyone has something in excess and something in deficiency. That is what I was trying to point out. Once perfection is reached one becomes one with God.

renuka

Gold Member
Gold Member
Renuka,

Everyone has something in excess and something in deficiency. That is what I was trying to point out. Once perfection is reached one becomes one with God.
If there is excess and defiency that means the Divine will hasnt taken over yet...its very much the free will still.

mangalam

The forum was -Why are south Indian brahmins intelligent , so it is stating that a group is intelligent and trying to find reasons for that.
not sure why we are having a God discussion, anyway the prayer we Hindus say before eating is "Brahmārpañam .....", beautiful in it's essence. The problem with the Muslim prayer is that God for them is only Allah, where it is translated into English as God equates to only Allah. I have travelled far and wide on Interfaith conferences and very clear about this. That is why we are infidels for them.
Going back to the forum topic I would like people to comment on the 3 dominant groups viz the brahmins of TN, the Jews and the Vellalars of SriLanka, what is the common denominator ? Majority communities around them hate them with a vengeance.

sravna

Please define your "god".
Brahman does not want anything.
Society wants us to behave a certain way. There is no God there.

Brahman is God. In creation when saguna brahman thinks 'Let me be many' all that are supposed to happen in space time are willed. Everything even down to minute details happens in accordance with that.

sorry Iam only reading the forum now and back tracking a bit
I agree with TBS , most intelligent does not relate to most rich
புத்தியுள்ள மனிதரெல்லாம் வெற்றி காண்பதில்லை
வெற்றி பெற்ற மனிதரெல்லாம் புத்திசாலி இல்லை

பணம் இருக்கும் மனிதரிடம் மனம் இருப்பதில்லை
மனம் இருக்கும் மனிதரிடம் பணம் இருப்பதில்லை

பணம் படைத்த வீட்டினிலே வந்ததெல்லாம் சொந்தம்
பணம் இல்லாத மனிதருக்கு சொந்தமெல்லாம் துன்பம்

and also I disagree with previous writers, there is no harm in discussing why a particular caste or ethnicity or religious group seems intelligent "as a group" not a random one here and there. the brahmins of TN, the Jews and the Vellalars of Jaffna SriLanka are striking communities, how did they get to be like that, is an interesting study. Traditionally one thing is common that they were all hard working, very focused and lastly clung to their traditions. but what is the real secret of their superiority ? Funny thing is all 3 communities are totally disliked by others and have survived mass destruction violently or otherwise.

It depends on the culture and situation . There is no one group who is born intelligent naturally . There are very small number of tb in malaysia . Most of them of just ordinary but srilankan tamil are different breed all together

renuka

Gold Member
Gold Member
Sravna..there is a verse in the Quran that goes;
" Have you seen he who taken his own desires as his god?
Would you then be a Wakeel?( disposer of his affairs)"

Then it goes on to explain that a messenger's duty is to transmit the message and to accept that beyond that there are those who will not listen or comply.

Further it also explains that it's God's will that prevails.

Imagine! This is to a messenger, so it goes to say we all function in a certain radius
If we want change its about aligning ourselves with the Divine will.
Beyond that we may do our duty well and not go beyond thinking we can transform everyone according to what we perceive as conducive.

So Sravna, start small scale and know that you might not get accross everyone..none of us can really plan anything anymore..Covid 19 a virus itself changed the course of human existence..do you need more evidence?

May be it's time for you to take Sanyas.
Reflect on yourself, search within..then you would be ready to help others who CONSENT to your help.

sravna

Sravna..there is a verse in the Quran that goes;
" Have you seen he who taken his own desires as his god?
Would you then be a Wakeel?( disposer of his affairs)"

Then it goes on to explain that a messenger's duty is to transmit the message and to accept that beyond that there are those who will not listen or comply.

Further it also explains that it's God's will that prevails.

Imagine! This is to a messenger, so it goes to say we all function in a certain radius
If we want change its about aligning ourselves with the Divine will.
Beyond that we may do our duty well and not go beyond thinking we can transform everyone according to what we perceive as conducive.

So Sravna, start small scale and know that you might not get accross everyone..none of us can really plan anything anymore..Covid 19 a virus itself changed the course of human existence..do you need more evidence?

May be it's time for you to take Sanyas.
Reflect on yourself, search within..then you would be ready to help others who CONSENT to your help.
Dear Renuka,

My thinking and actions are spontaneous. There is no preconceived plan to do anything and definitely nothing to impose my will. Since it is spontaneous I believe it is God's will too as it is aligned with the principles of Dharma.

renuka

Gold Member
Gold Member
Dear Renuka,

My thinking and actions are spontaneous. There is no preconceived plan to do anything and definitely nothing to impose my will. Since it is spontaneous I believe it is God's will too as it is aligned with the principles of Dharma.
If its God's will, you wont have bodily identification.
You still attach a lot of importance to thinking capacity of a certain community in terms of seeing the bigger picture.

So how is this God's will?

When God's will functions through anyone, they would realize that God is the software and the physical body is just the hardware.

Honestly at that stage, there is no more thoughts but revelations that flash in the mind.

In such a state, the person totally knows that whatever their physical body is or IQ or gender or creed etc, none of this mattered..this state can be attained by even those who were considered illiterate or dum witted.

Only one in a state of Aham Brahmaasmi one
functions in the mode of God's will ..not one who experiences Aham Brahamana asmi.

If you could get over that just one little bodily attachment then I guess you are functioning in Divine will.

Most of us( me included) are not functioning in Divine will mode but we just tend to identify with concepts of such a state.

sravna

If its God's will, you wont have bodily identification.
You still attach a lot of importance to thinking capacity of a certain community in terms of seeing the bigger picture.

So how is this God's will?

When God's will functions through anyone, they would realize that God is the software and the physical body is just the hardware.

Honestly at that stage, there is no more thoughts but revelations that flash in the mind.

In such a state, the person totally knows that whatever their physical body is or IQ or gender or creed etc, none of this mattered..this state can be attained by even those who were considered illiterate or dum witted.

Only one in a state of Aham Brahmaasmi one
functions in the mode of God's will ..not one who experiences Aham Brahamana asmi.

If you could get over that just one little bodily attachment then I guess you are functioning in Divine will.

Most of us( me included) are not functioning in Divine will mode but we just tend to identify with concepts of such a state.
Dear Renuka,

No honestly I don't attach importance only to a particular thing and definitely not to the capabilities of a particular community to which I happen to belong. I realize everything changes across births but the mind and soul are the same and so I don't have specific attachments. Yes honestly.

But facts have to be accepted but not be used to project superiority but to co-operate and understand one another and nature.

sravna

Having said the above I do think your inclinations and circumstances of the current birth cannot be totally ignored and total detachment displayed. As long as you are in this world interplay of various inclinations and differences is supposed to happen. We just have evolve to ensure that prejudices or biases don't creep in. But progression is ultimately towards perfect detachment though.

sravna

When prejudices become deep rooted and pervasive and reflect as adharmic actions is when divine intervention happens. It is bound to happen reflecting the underlying spiritual reality which is perfectly balanced.

usaiyer

When prejudices become deep rooted and pervasive and reflect as adharmic actions is when divine intervention happens. It is bound to happen reflecting the underlying spiritual reality which is perfectly balanced.
you are right ,
Brahman is everywhere and in every bit of creation ie in animals as well as in humans, and also perhaps
in plants too, Thanks to Shri J.C.Bose who scientifically proved life in them.
Dharma or rules of righteous conduct are laid down in Dharma sastra for dharmic actions .if however adharmic actions are there and life balance may be affected say a lion
killing its prey for its legitimate food needs ,but not for killing per se as sports ,such adharmic actions are bound to
disturb the balance. The question to ask is why or what factors cause these and what remedies are suggested in god's plan of creation and control of this universe are
questions to explore ?

prasad1

Gold Member
Gold Member
you are right ,
Brahman is everywhere and in every bit of creation ie in animals as well as in humans, and also perhaps
in plants too, Thanks to Shri J.C.Bose who scientifically proved life in them.
Dharma or rules of righteous conduct are laid down in Dharma sastra for dharmic actions .if however adharmic actions are there and life balance may be affected say a lion
killing its prey for its legitimate food needs ,but not for killing per se as sports ,such adharmic actions are bound to
disturb the balance. The question to ask is why or what factors cause these and what remedies are suggested in god's plan of creation and control of this universe are
questions to explore ?
I do not accept that Dharma Sastras can dictate the right or wrong action. What were people doing before Dharma Sastra was formulated? At best they were created around the 2nd century B.C.

So they were not God-Given, may be given by Manu, Moses, or Mohamad.
They are not universal and keeps changing according to society. I do not believe in the idea that it is God-given. It is all man-made. Brahman does not create, judge, or punish. You can explore as much as you want.

renuka

Gold Member
Gold Member
Sravna, I think you have had these ideas of helping the world for some few years.

So when are you going to actually embark on your mission?

Follow Tamil Brahmins on Social Media

Thank you for visiting TamilBrahmins.com

You seem to have an Ad Blocker on.

We depend on advertising to keep our content free for you. Please consider whitelisting us in your ad blocker so that we can continue to provide the content you have come here to enjoy.

Alternatively, consider upgrading your account to enjoy an ad-free experience along with numerous other benefits. To upgrade your account, please visit the account upgrades page

You can also donate financially if you can. Please Click Here on how you can do that.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks