• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

WHY RETURNING TO THE STARTING PLACE ON THE 9th DAY PROHIBITED

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are fed with superstitions from Day 1...As a young boy, for seeing a black crow we used to start counting the number of such crows with one representing sorrow, two joy, three arrival of message(from postman) etc etc ...With messages coming by the minute in a connected eworld the last one is not heard anymore...Superstitions are there in all communities ...It is like a cat crossing our path is a bad omen...A particular color combination works wonders, a particular car registration number is supposed to give luck...Sum total of mobile number or house no...There is no end...Earlier superstitions were passed from generation to generation but now are now created by individual based on his or her experience...As it creates an aura of positivity with surge in energy (for positive things) or caution (for negative things) superstitions have gained in strength

Yes. Superstitions are the extended capacity of our intuitive mind. I am afraid it has not come to us from vedas nor their exponents. It is part of our psyche.

Yes Sir! When I wear that lucky saree and switch on the bulb once (I have to switch it off when I go on vacation!)
I feel very confident. It is NOT logical. But..... :thumb: ... :peace:

Raji Madam,

When one goes out for an important job, the person can mentally think that - if an African comes in front of me wearing a black pant and shirt with a red hat - then the job may not be successful (as long the person is not residing in Africa). Still if the possibility exists, then additional conditions can be added that the african should be blind or having only one leg etc. So till we reach the desired plalce we can have the confirdence that things will be succesful.

Having supersitions like what you have mentioned is really very good and certainly who ever is writing / reading the articles will certainly have some supersitions in some form. I certainly have some thing like this. Nothing wrong and enoy your supersitions and beliefs.

Venkat

........... I certainly have some thing like this. Nothing wrong and enjoy your supersitions and beliefs. ...
Thank you Sir! I DO enjoy them. :)

And the list includes, keeping a coin near my Lord Ganesha's tiny idol, before booking any travel ticket!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back