• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Why lord brahma is considered a lesser god when all gods are doing all mischief

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vignesh2014

Lord Brahma is also a God. Only pavam he is doing is he make us all born. Other than that he never enters into our life. Lord Narayana is doing all tricks to destroy asuras (supposed to be bad men)..Lord Shive is also ding all tricks to destroy asuras ...Lord Brahma never did such type of tricks..whenever any one prays to him, he gives immediately granting boons according to the merits of Tapas. What is told of brahma is how far true i don't know...These are all the reasons told for his degraded status...

(1) He became obsessed with the daughter he made ---
(2) He told a lie that he has seen siva's head
(3) He just like shiva when with five heads did not respect shiva

These type of mistakes are done by other gods also..Kindly don't remove this post...i'm not against Hindu religion....i'm also brahmin...i want to know the reasons behind it so that i want to know how far our religion is not having confusion and i want to explain when some one other than our religion ask me about this intricate details:dizzy:

As far as i can know the reason is there is no purana pleasing to make Brhama superior or there are no also mass followers for brahma. May be puranas praising Brahma might have got destroyed like the way surya purana lost its significance. Now every body saying Lord Brahma is more rajasic since he has to create more and more rajasic people just like the way when Lord Narasimah imbibed the blood of Hiranyakasibu in his body. Even God sarabeswara , a form of shiva also told of subduing Lord vishnu became arrogant and some vishnavities say Lord Vishnu appeared in the form of "KANDA PERANDA" bird to pacify or subdue shiva. One thing is certain in our hindu scriptures is no one is considered better than other. Only when circumstances arise, they became greater than others in order to save other gods.Otherwise everybody including God is susceptible to errors. Even Rishis are susceptible to errors. Whom ever at that time is very righteous even at the time many adversities is considered equal to god or praised by the people even if they are just god's devotees unlike other religion.

Dear Sir,

Good questions..actually since Brahma is supposed to be the creator that makes everyone His daughter and son on technical grounds.. going by that He cant really have a "spouse' isnt it?But yet He has Saraswati as His "consort". The potency of Divinity is considered as feminine and made into a 'wife' for easier understanding. Hence we have Lakshmi for Vishnu,Parvati for Shiva and Saraswati for Brahma.

I feel that most Puranic stories are symbolic and a mega serial for the ancient common folk.Men humanized God in stories so that they can perceive Him..cos God as in Brahman in the real sense is beyond perception and when we humanize God..imagination can run wild.

So if you ask me I dont really consider Puranic stories as a representative of religion..I just read it for the heck of it.

Last edited:
Dear Renuka,

You have misunderstood what i told..what i wanted to stress is there whenever there are gunas everybody tend to make mistake...nobody is exception even god...but brahmaji is an exception to get very much punished for his misdeed just like so many unfortunate beings because he never was able to hide himself. Our puranas are not just myths but it expresses the way in which things happened but after some centuries some people might have added their own imagination..that does not mean that all are mythological

Men has not humanised god...god has this qualities according to the puranas. Therefore it is according to the qualities only one will do their karma...it is actually according to their characteristics they act...This is part of divine dispensation. therefore no one can judge by human standards

I'm not asking mischievous questions.i just want to know about that. this is due to limitation of my nature.But after thinking, i found that , there are lot of questions can be asked which can't be answered.Our nature and our gunas are our limitations. I humbly take the suggestion of our fellow members who are well versed in all and i bid adeu to this forum.

I was browsing through the websites for the same question asked by Vignesh and found this website giving some information. According to that website, Lord Brahma was cursed by Lord Shiva and Lord Saraswati in multiple occassions (Lord Shiva - Cursing Lord Brahma for falsely portraying that he has seen the end of linga, Lord Saraswati - Cursing Lord Brahma for his lust).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back