• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Who is Brahmanan

Status
Not open for further replies.

kunjuppu

nara,

you are absolutely correct re having respected christian members here.

i remember a year ago, we had a new member, and we were discussing some tamil hindu theology. this gentleman, initially introduced himself as a vellala catholic for generations.

he was somewhat hesitant, and with encouragement from us, we had among the most fruitful and delightful dialogues. in fact at the end of the dialogue, we hoped he would continue to be active. but his purpose was some selective information re saiva siddhantham, which he was able to get from the likes of nacchinarkiniyan among others. :)

i have been brought up among tamil catholics and have only the utmost respect for christians. none of these guys ever indulged in who is superior to whom arguements with me. we were friends and companions, without any hangups.

hence it is with dismay i look at sapr or brahmarishi, who appear to have an aggressive style towards hindus and brahmins in general. it appears more one of indoctrination and absolute activism, for which we have neither the patience or tolerance in this forum.

brahma, in return, to spew hatred on TBs is even more distressing, for it strips him of all appearances of decency and culture, and consigns him to the crowds found in the fish market.

jesus christ would be embarassed of such folks.

thank you.

pvraman

Dear Sri Nara,

I am interested to read the starting of a (has a big potential to be a great) enlightening post if it is properly guided with intelligent debates. I wish it should continue to the depth for a good understanding.

Thanks.

pvraman

Dear Sri Nara,

Sri Nara said,
Jesus gave his life on the cross for the sake of the jeevas to get moksham (heaven)

ஸ்வர்கம் and மொக்ஷம் are same or different? if different, how it is different?

or if same?

te tam bhuktvä svarga-lokam visälam
ksine punye martya-lokam visanti
evam trayi-dharmam anuprapannä
gatägatam käma-kämä labhante
BG Sloka 9.21

ksetra-ksetrainavor evam / antaram inäna-caksukä
bhüta-prakrti-moksan ca / ye vidur yänti te param

slokam 13-35

Why in our scriptures mentioned that swarga is temporary and moksha is liberation and hence permanent.

I am also confused about swarga & Naraga. I thought our soul can not feel the pain, happiness, and its emotionless. So, how the pain hell and happiness in swarga, how it will influence the soul.

Does other religion differentiates swarga & Moksha? I feel it is an important concept. I hope you can explain better. I love to read your narration.

Thanks

Arthur

Hello, friends.

If I am not mistaken, the thread said "Who is Brahmanan", not "Who is a Brahmin". Is this not correct? To continue the thread as stated, I will share the following comments:

To say, "Who is Brahman" is the same as saying, "Who am I". Well then, who am I? I do not know who I am without attributes. This is the absolute truth. This is the unknown God, the nirguna Brahman. Yes or no? Would anyone like to comment on this interpretation?

Also, the nature of Brahman is relative and absolute. Yes or no? Tell me, who among you can speak the truth? An opinion is not the truth. Yes or no? Scholarship is not Self-realization. Yes or no?

Has anyone ever heard of the word "babble"? Stop babbling amongst each other and start realizing the truth.

I welcome all responses.

happyhindu

i agree ditto with shri kunjuppu.

Jesus wud be ashamed of activists like Sapr or BR. Such people are a scar to the rest of the Christians.

the way a certain section of aggressive double-game playing christians like BR or Sapr behave, its really hard to believe they have no agenda (the agenda being conversion). Much to my dismay (and utter dislike of the self later), was not able to maintain civility with Sapr.

Have never been against conversions, and i don't think i will ever be. Its the freedom of choice.

At the same time, each time an evangelist turns up at my door and tries to convince me that i am a devil-worshipper and that Jesus is the only salvation, all i am thinking inside my head is 'don't these ppl have better things to do in life'.

Its nice to see Shri Nara engaging Sapr or BR. But i suspect it may all be futile (since BR or Sapr might not be interested in accepting the existence of an other side). Anyways, the rest of us will stand a lot to gain in terms of knowledge from Shri Nara if BR were to engage Shri Nara. Hope the conversation does take off.

happyhindu

Hello, friends.

If I am not mistaken, the thread said "Who is Brahmanan", not "Who is a Brahmin". Is this not correct? To continue the thread as stated, I will share the following comments:

To say, "Who is Brahman" is the same as saying, "Who am I". Well then, who am I? I do not know who I am without attributes. This is the absolute truth. This is the unknown God, the nirguna Brahman. Yes or no? Would anyone like to comment on this interpretation?

Also, the nature of Brahman is relative and absolute. Yes or no? Tell me, who among you can speak the truth? An opinion is not the truth. Yes or no? Scholarship is not Self-realization. Yes or no?

Has anyone ever heard of the word "babble"? Stop babbling amongst each other and start realizing the truth.

I welcome all responses.

Arthur,

We are hoping for a conversation b/w BR and Shri Nara.

You have asked question like Yes or No as though they are the only 2 "answers". Obviously you know it will lead to a bigger conversation, and possibly something that may distract from the one that Shri Nara and BR are going to engage in.

so i feel others can reserve their comments to your queries later (that is, they can be reserved for an engaging conversation later).

regards.

RVR

I fully endorse the views of Ms.Happy Hindu.

Let Sri Brahma Rishi reply to Prof Nara. Let both of them discuss on this thread and others watch from the sidelines.

All the best

OP
OP
R

Raghy

Hello, friends.

I welcome all responses.

Sri Arthur,

as the name of the thread says, this is an enquiry about 'brahmanan'. this is not about 'brahman'. In my humble opinion, the questions 'who is brahman' and 'who am I' are not the same. Those questions may be connected, but not quite the same questions. So, this thread is not about 'nirguna brahmam' either.
I can see that you have a lot of questions. But the way you placed the yes or no? at the end of every statement is slightly confusing.
I request you to state your opinions in a more simpler terms, please, so that we can have a discussion. Thank you.

pvraman

Sri Raghy,

As some of this thread readers are waiting for the discussion between Mr BR & Mr Narah, which is really going to be interesting, but at the same time, slightly deviating from this thread topic. Can it be moved to a independent thread? It would be interesting.

Regards

Arthur

Hello, Sir.

Who are you? And who is we? I guess you are here for entertainment? Do you desire for someone to bring joy to your mind?
Are you that poverty stricken? Maybe you seek some "respect"?

Tell me, my friend, what is it? Did I disturb someone's brilliant discourse? Brahmin or Chandala all are equal in my eyes. How about yours? I wash everyone's feet, but never to please. How about you?

Maybe we should start our own intelligent discourse. Let us call it, "How to Love Versus How to Talk". What do you say?

pvraman

Dear Mr Arthur.

Hello, Sir.

Who are you? And who is we? I guess you are here for entertainment? Do you desire for someone to bring joy to your mind?

I am not able to understand why you have written like this? Is Joy really a WASTU?

Are you that poverty stricken?

:nono:
Maybe you seek some "respect"?
:confused:
Its automatic

Tell me, my friend, what is it? Did I disturb someone's brilliant discourse?

:cool:

Brahmin or Chandala all are equal in my eyes. How about yours?

Brahmin is there.Who is Chandala now?

I wash everyone's feet, but never to please. How about you?

:angel:

Maybe we should start our own intelligent discourse.

We are looking forward to it. But confused with your post and your requirement

Let us call it, "How to Love Versus How to Talk". What do you say?

Please one question at a time..

Regards

OP
OP
R

Raghy

For the members who are eagerly waiting for a discussion with Sri. Nara, I am afraid, your wait will be very very long. As I anticipated, the decoy is here to upset the harmony. I just happen to know the way these things work. Blasphemy laws were made to stop people like Sri. Nara asking questions. The questions asked by Sri. Nara have never been answered. The persons who asked those questions were killed to maintain silence.

Last edited:

KRS

Dear Sri Arthur Ji,

Welcome to the forum and I am glad to see that you are posting your views.

This site has been in existence for some time and so we have covered a lot of topics, including this one in the past. I would encourage you to go and look up those in our archives.

Your stance seems to be from the Advaitha school. Please understand we have here folks reflecting all schools of thought within the school of Hinduism.

Regards,
KRS

KRS

Dear Sri Raghy ji,

I have been following the conversations here very closely. While it was on occassion temting to jump in to discuss the points raised by both Sri BR Ji and Prof. Nara Ji, I also restrained myself, preferring to see where this would lead.

I do not think though your assessment is correct. Give Sri BR Ji a few days time, he will show up again to continue the conversation.

If he does not, then it is his loss. We will move forward.

Even though the conversation got a bit too personal at times, overall the flow was good and I did not want to interrupt with any moderation.

Regards,
KRS

For the members who are eagerly waiting for a discussion with Sri. Nara, I am afraid, your wait will be very very long. As I anticipated, the decoy is here to upset the harmony. Sri RVR, Sow.Sri. Renukakarthikayan, I just happen to know the way these things work. Blasphemy laws were made to stop people like Sri. Nara asking questions. The questions asked by Sri. Nara have never been answered. The persons who asked those questions were killed to maintain silence.

Nara

Jesus gave his life on the cross for the sake of the jeevas to get moksham (heaven)

ஸ்வர்கம் and மொக்ஷம் are same or different? if different, how it is different?

Heaven is moksham for Christians, not for Vedic Hindus. For Vedic Hindus swargam or naragam are places jeevas go after they die to suffer or enjoy the fruits of the karma, this does not eliminate karma. Then, they return to their next birth. Moksham is release from this cycle. Moksham simply means விடுதலை.

Hope this helps....

SuryaKasyapa

Seeing the postings of Sri Arthur, I recall the story about Kaakkassery Bhattathiri (in the now Kerala) .the story is like this :-
A message was received by the Rajah, that the Great panditha(Vidwan) is coming for argument with the pandits in the Durbar. Knowing the erudition as well as the tricky ways of the guest Vidwan, the local scholars withdrew themselves and conveyed to the King their inability to confront the coming Vidwan.The mantle fell on young Kaakkasery.

He voluntered himself to confront the Vidwan,amidst chuckles and smiles of local scholars.

On the D day, the Vidwan in his colourful and commanding attire saw his opponent, not more than a boy. he declared that as it is only a small boy he will not argue with the boy, but his parrot will.Saying this,he brought out his parrot.Equally smiling Kakkasery brought out a cat he has brought saying that his cat will talk to the Vidwan's parrot. Seeing the cat the parrot got freightened and hid itself in the cage.

Kakkassery won the first round against the vidwan by silence, knowing the ways of his opponent.
(How ultimately Kaakkassery won, and how he was excommunicated was again a different story)

I hope somebodytoday also has the Kakkassery's cat to silence the Vidwan's parrots.

Greetings.

OP
OP
R

Raghy

Sri KRS,

"Even though the conversation got a bit too personal at times, overall the flow was good and I did not want to interrupt with any moderation."

I agree with the points cited in your recent message. The personal reference you quoted was not intentinal though. I mentioned Sri. RVR and Sow.Sri. Renukakarthikayan names as in continuation of a conversation we had previously; kindly do not take that as personal reference, please. (in fact I thought about it and edited my initial post , by the looks of it, at the same time you were writing the message!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for visiting TamilBrahmins.com

You seem to have an Ad Blocker on.

We depend on advertising to keep our content free for you. Please consider whitelisting us in your ad blocker so that we can continue to provide the content you have come here to enjoy.

Alternatively, consider upgrading your account to enjoy an ad-free experience along with numerous other benefits. To upgrade your account, please visit the account upgrades page

You can also donate financially if you can. Please Click Here on how you can do that.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks