• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Who is brahmanan

Status
Not open for further replies.

shalinitati

In Hinduism, Brahman (ब्रह्मन् brahman) is "the unchanging reality amidst and beyond the world", which "cannot be exactly defined". It has been described in Sanskrit as Sat-cit-ānanda (being-consciousness-bliss) and as the highest reality.
Brahman is conceived as Atman, personal,impersonal and/or Para Brahman, depending on the philosophical school.
According to Advaita, a liberated human being (jivanmukta) has realised Brahman as his or her own true self.

sangom

Is there not even 1 in this forum?

I think it may be one or two in the whole world of humans at any point of time, but we can't know who those persons are. So, may be one member here may be a brahmajnaani but unless he/she comes out and announces.....

sravna

I think it may be one or two in the whole world of humans at any point of time, but we can't know who those persons are. So, may be one member here may be a brahmajnaani but unless he/she comes out and announces.....

I would think the number would be even much lower in this kali yuga, I would say 1 in a trillion because has to absolutely stand apart to be a brahmajnaani in this kali yuga.

auh

I watched Nat Geo's story of the earth on youtube and was humbled...

Of course it was all a theory, but fascinating - dust turns into solid, due to gravity, as molten fire and then meteors carrying water crystals bombard the earth... then water is all over our planet. Air forms, and amino acids somehow combine to form life, in water. It is from these first life that everything has sprung about, over millions of years of evolution. We are all from the same source, and so it would seem that the universe is us. Much similar to Tattvamasi.

There is no brahmajnani... we are all part of the (our) universe' endeavour to explore and entertain (ourself) itself...

B.Krishnamurthy

I refer to Post No.337 by Shri.Sangom.
I wish to clarify that I do not know Shri.Asirvadam. He is not my Friend.
Perhaps,Shri.Sangom had my friend Mr.T.V.T.Chari (an Iyengar converted to Christianity)in mind whilwriting Post No.337.
My friend T.V.T.Chari became a member of this Forum on 6/2/2011 under the name "Thingadam" a short form of 'Tiruvenkadam'.
To my knowledge,he has not participated in any Discussion except his one posting in "Introduce Yourself" under Sl.No.1966

renuka

Gold Member
Gold Member
I would think the number would be even much lower in this kali yuga, I would say 1 in a trillion because has to absolutely stand apart to be a brahmajnaani in this kali yuga.

I thought Lord Krishna was clear that hardly one knows Him..so too bad guys there is no Brahmajnaani!

Out of many thousands among men, one may endeavor for perfection, and of those who have achieved perfection, hardly one knows Me in truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for visiting TamilBrahmins.com

You seem to have an Ad Blocker on.

We depend on advertising to keep our content free for you. Please consider whitelisting us in your ad blocker so that we can continue to provide the content you have come here to enjoy.

Alternatively, consider upgrading your account to enjoy an ad-free experience along with numerous other benefits. To upgrade your account, please visit the account upgrades page

You can also donate financially if you can. Please Click Here on how you can do that.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks