• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

when to start doing Tharpanam after father's death...

Status
Not open for further replies.
My father passed away in Jan, 2017. I performed his last rites as well as the first year Shradham in Jan/Feb this year.

A few questions:
1. when can I start Amavasai Tharpanam? I think 14th or 15th April is a good day to start. any other suitable date later this year that is good?
2. can I start doing it at home? or do I have to go to the temple or some nearby Matham? I know my father as well as many family members used to do it at home everytime.
3. I have heard that there is a particular auspicious day on which you can choose to do a homam or tharpanam instead of doing Amavaya tharpanam every month. Is it true?

Please share your inputs.

Thanks,
Anand

you might have started doing Amavasya tharpanam from 07-08-2017 itself from lunar eclipse day. and doing Amavasya tharpanam on 21-08 2017 onwards. now from 15-05-2018 you may start doing Amavasya tharpanam and do it regularly on Amavasya days. you have to start tharpanam from lunar or solar eclipse day. after father"s death. suppose if no eclipse is there you have to start doing Amavasya tharpanam from 3rd month Amavasya day. what you have heard is wrong.

15-04-2018 Amavasai thithi - it is the very best day to start Amavasya tharpanam and such act will add credits and peace to their soul!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back