• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

What was the Caste or Gothram of Vasudeva Krishna?

zebra16

Repeatedly I see the usage of the word COPY and PASTE being used.

Everyone here regurgitates stuff that is obtained elsewhere tru books or from their knowledge acquired tru years of copy and pasting information into our brain.

You are very right that none of the members are "svyambhu" or "appanukku pADam chonna SubbaiAh" and regurgitate what they have learnt from elsewhere, but there are useful C & Ps and useless C & Ps.

One would have thought anyone seriously interested in knowing about gotrA of Sri Krishna would have tried to have look at Srimad BhAgavatam and in case there is no mention of Sri KrsnA's gotram therein would have deduced that either gotram was non existent then or AvatArs were above these banal stuff and in the absence of primary authentication would have searched for the required information through secondary sources.

Srimad BhAgvatam is also widely available free on internet, but suddenly to pluck up "What is the caste or gotram of VAsudeva Krishna" topic from "Wikipedia and Other sources" apropos to NOTHING and hoist it on readers to muse and ponder is truly baffling.

I recall a similar question about "caste" of Lord Siva in this forum about 6-7 years back and participation by Raghy, Valli, Dr Barani, yourself, TKS and may be Sangom, Nara etc. It appeared to be a genuine question by the poser really wanting to know and needless to say the responses were more enlightening than the current thread.

Just shows how much vacuous we have become over the years !!

Raji Ram

Gold Member
Gold Member
I read 'THAT' Shiva thread (2011) now.

Prasad Sir wrote on 14-9-2011:

''Lost the focus of the original question in the trivial.

God was there before time and will be there after time.
The worldly attributes of shape. color. caste or nature do not apply to Brahman.
We created those for our own purpose."

So, I am wondering why worry about Lord Krishna's caste? :)

CHANDRU1849

The worldly attributes of shape. color. caste or nature do not apply to Brahman.

Shiva is not treated as human being, and he is the supreme God for Saivites. He has formless and is spread in Pancha Boothams. Hence, the question of caste actually doesn’t arise, and the person who raised this question was nothing but impertinent.

CHANDRU1849

Dear Sir,

N B only, since father gives the caste lable to his children!

But when children come to marriageable age, the mom will hunt for a Brahm guy!! :D

Madam,

It is nothing but male chauvinism.

In most of the cases, NB father will prefer boy or girl as the case may be from his caste only, or from other NB castes.

In most of the cases B ladies are only silent spectators. It is applicable to Inter Religious marriages as well. B ladies can play their tricks with their community people only. When they switch over, they will scrupulously follow the customs of husbands.

a-TB

Dear Madam RR :

Could you please share a link to that thread? I tried searching. What terms did you use to search?

Thanks

KRN

Sir,
It takes a prodigious memory to remember discussions in this forum from 6-7 years ago! Hats off to you.

From my observation over the past 2-3 months I think, prasad ji, by starting new threads with such regularity, you keep this forum alive. I feel, but for you, (with some exaggeration) it might have even gone moribund. Hats off to you for your energy.:thumb:

Last edited:
Thank you for visiting TamilBrahmins.com

You seem to have an Ad Blocker on.

We depend on advertising to keep our content free for you. Please consider whitelisting us in your ad blocker so that we can continue to provide the content you have come here to enjoy.

Alternatively, consider upgrading your account to enjoywith numerous other benefits. To upgrade your account, please visit the account upgrades page

You can also donate financially if you can. Please Click Here on how you can do that.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks