• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

What to do with collection of unused Veshtis

Over decades or so I have so many veshtis collected, mostly when people offer that at a function like weddings. I live in USA. Most of these are never used. I rarely wear Veshti at home on a daily basis.

I feel bad to throw these out in garbage. There are no donation places.

Occasionally I see effort for people to donate Sarees. But veshtis are too inexpensive comparitively.

I thought masks could be made from them but then who is interested in doing it where I live,

Does anyone else have collections like this that no one really wants?

My sister-in-law runs a charity home. Last time I gave her my veshti collection. I can ask her, it will take some time to get you an answer.

I paid $70 for the extra bag.

I spoke to her and

She said that they do not want it now. Sorry.

Last edited:
Over decades or so I have so many veshtis collected, mostly when people offer that at a function like weddings. I live in USA. Most of these are never used. I rarely wear Veshti at home on a daily basis.

I feel bad to throw these out in garbage. There are no donation places.

Occasionally I see effort for people to donate Sarees. But veshtis are too inexpensive comparitively.

I thought masks could be made from them but then who is interested in doing it where I live,

Does anyone else have collections like this that no one really wants?
hi sir,

we need more vestis.....we can use in our temple.....i was associated with the local temple....many devotees

like to buy vestis from temple....but we dont have to provide them...we need sarees/vestis too...

even we can pay some dollars for u....kindly provide some more details....we need our priests too..

Mr tbs and Mr Prasad - Thank you for your responses. I found someone at a temple in the area to take some of the new Veshtis. I have a few more and many more used once or so.

I do not need any money. If there is an address that will take used Veshtis (very limited) and few new ones kindly post address of person or temple. Thanks.

ஹை,
தமிழ்னாடு பிராமணர் சங்கம் . சென்னை- பம்மல் கிளை வழக்கம் போல் தீபாவளியை முன்னிட்டு நமது அந்தணர் குலத்தில் போதிய வசதி இல்லாதவர்களுக்கு வஸ்த்ரங்கள் வழங்கும் வைபவம் இந்த வருடம் 31-10-2021 ஞாயிற்று கிழமை நடக்க உள்ளது. பொழிச்சலூர் முருகன் பேலசில். தொடர்புக்கு எஸ். கணேசன் தலைவர். மொபைல் நம்பர். 94449 24915.

லலிதா ஸஹஸ்ர நாமம் விஷ்ணு ஸஹஸ்ர நாமம் பாரயணம் நடக்கும். உங்களது பழைய புதிய வேஷ்டிகளை நீங்கள் அங்கு அனுப்பினால் போதும். 12/10 பிள்ளையார் கோயில் தெரு,கிருஷ்ணா நகர், பம்மல், சென்னை 600075.

Latest ads

Back