• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

What is our point of Focus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear TKS Sir,

Blogging wrong lyrics happens many a time, even in Carnatic sites! :(

Someone listens to the songs and blogs the lyrics, instead of getting the authentic material from books.

Most of the translations are in what is known as 'butler English'. Usually, I play the videos and listen to

the song, doing my kitchen work / laundry! :cool:

............ ( I noticed Praveen's request asking not to post in Chennai Tamil. He seems to be worried about the possible interpretations. I tend to listen if it comes as a request. He was the first one to request. I have to reconsider my stand. I don't think he noticed, but he deleted Kamba Ramayanam poem in my message!).
I too think so! Just deletion using id of the member because my post in Chennai Senthamizh still remains!! :confused:

Proof: http://www.tamilbrahmins.com/literature/5069-a-197.html#post237893

Dear TKS ji,

I have noted that you had even mentioned in another post that you do NOT reply to opinions and only reply to questions if there is a valid one.

I request you to take a look at chapter 6 of Bhagavad Geeta stanza 33 and 34 where Arjuna stated his opinion about the system of Yoga summarized by Lord Krishna and says that he finds it impractical and unendurable for him as he finds the mind is restless ,unsteady,turbulent to control..like trying to control the wind.

Ok this was not a question at all in fact Arjuna felt what Lord Krishna mentioned was not even practical.

But even then... Lord Krishna in stanza 35 and 36 states his opinion..agreeing with Arjuna that the mind is hard to control but added that it's not impossible to control by constant practice and detachment....and Lord Krishna specifies in stanza 36 that its His opinion (me matiH).

So what we can all learn from this exchange of opinions between Arjuna and Lord Krishna is HUMILITY...that even God answers opinions but we humans?? Well I guess thats why we are humans!LOL

Dr Renu

I do not reply to opinions because a person's mind is made up. If it was a genuine question where there is sincerity and if I happen to have something to share I will - but the forum is not suited for in-depth analysis (my opinion).

If an opinion is offered and a scripture is cited inappropriately in my understanding, I may - if I have time - show contradictions for the citation. If there is no citation then my view is to 'live and let live'.

If a person is genuine to challenge those contradictions in a scholarly manner I will try to engage since it may help me to learn as well.

If there was flippant response then it is not worth the time or effort to respond to anyone. After all I come here to waste time, why waste time on a non-fun activity. That will be like paying a money and wasting time to see a boring movie.

If your point is that I confuse people I can understand why you may say that. The best suggestion is for you to ignore and move on.
If you think my statements do not have humility - which seem to be the purpose of this post - that is fine also because I am not here for winning anything.

It will be another thread of discussion as to reasons what is humility and when & why humility becomes a virtue (not interested in debate on this) and in my view it is a concept often misunderstood with focus largely on external appearance.

If I have arrogant statements coming from my opinion I will need a lecture on humility and its virtue. And I will listen if that is proved to me.

If what I am stating is not my view but the best meaning for a holistic and contradiction-free truth (in my understanding of course) then standing a ground on those points has nothing to do with humility.

I do not think I can even agree with the interpretation offered in this post with this citation. Let me leave it as it is.

Peace

PS: Folks - the Samvada is over LoL

Dear TKS ji,

I take the study of Bhagavad Geeta very seriously and not merely a debate without a direction.

To me I feel one can learn from anyone or anywhere and one can also learn from losing.

Winning anything isn't important but learning is.

I am also not here to win anything but the fact remains that who ever I am dealing with needs to be sincere to himself at least if they want to engage in a meaningful debate..if they are here just to take everyone for a ride but "pretend" that they are actually serious and learned is totally a wasting time and space here.

Yes Folks..the show is over..so no need for Renuka Uvaca or TKS Uvaca this thread might just renamed as the Mannangatti Files!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back