• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

What do boys expect from their Dates?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A survey carried out by dating site Trulymadly on preferances of indian boys in 18-30 age group has the following to say.

The boys love girls who make the first move to contact.

In terms of dress preferances, they like girls in casual jeans and T shirts.{43% root for it.] on their first date

Second is red lipstick with high heels and lastly a minority 16% like girls in indian attire.

In a survey conducted over india with 6450 respondents, the liking appears to be for bold, self assured girls without inhibitions.

The young men also like girls who have done something with their hair besides some like tattoos

Girls are not judged on selfies alone. Girls with bad breath are a big no-no.

Also boys prefer to stick to the tradition of paying for the date with 59% opting for it and 40% accept going dutch[both sharing the bill].

Brahmin boys , pl be informed of these trends as in times to come you may have to court a girl and atleast you know now what are the attributes of girls you

should try to date.

Those who date wisely get good girls as a lifetime partner.

Other can only lament and be problem children for their parents who cannot get them a match .

Lascivious oldies are becoming good boys recommending restraint and good brahmin-like sAtvik behaviour in dating and they quote Trulymadly surveys. It is these same crowd which was recommending six pack abs to the same girls. Six pack abs are for what? For cooking puliyodarai in the kitchen perhaps. LOL.

Brahmin girls are smart.

They know what they do not want.

Only boys belonging to the community need to be taken care of.

They are caught in a predicament.

Parents trip them up when they try to marry by talking horoscopes and other unrelated issues.

Girls want muscle men along with social graces.

Education and job are not the only qualification for a relationship.

Sites like Trulymadly can help these poor fellows.

Never wear Indian attire on first date..it does not give a good outline to the female's body.

So save salwar kameez only after knowing the male for a very long time.

Krish ji..keep up the good work of trying to encourage Ambis to become Remos.

If Ambis do not change they would only become Anniyans.

R R R E M O Remo Remo!

The way in which 'dating' has been explained shows only B girls are dating and B boys are dating only with Mobiles (Whatsapp) and TV or Cinema. Who knows B boys are smart enough to date in such a way till such time their specific purpose (!) is fulfilled, say goodbye and move on.

When I get a compliment from Renukaji , I feel honoured.

I feel I have got the pulse of young boys and girls right.

I sincerely want these brahmin boys remould themselves and repackage themselves in a better way to attract the women kind .

Not many have the gym habit and not many can join a girl on a dance floor for a hiphop.

These guys require to develop some social graces like learning to make decent conversation on a date without stammering or being tongue tied.

Often I find that eligible brahmin boys with decent edu. and jobs are dropped by girls like a hot potato due to lack of good social conduct.

I have some boys struggling like this even in my family.

Who wants dumb educated , well earning boys for a mate?

Only prospective mother in laws perhaps for their daughters.

I am really disappointed as these boys are non starters in life

I sincerely want these brahmin boys remould themselves and repackage themselves in a better way to attract the women kind .

Not many have the gym habit and not many can join a girl on a dance floor for a hiphop.

These guys require to develop some social graces like learning to make decent conversation on a date without stammering or being tongue tied.

Often I find that eligible brahmin boys with decent edu. and jobs are dropped by girls like a hot potato due to lack of good social conduct.

dear Krish ji,

You have my full support in your attempt to bring about change.

I too always advice young boy and girls how to improve dressing,self confidence..ability to socialize and move with times yet retain what is needed for personal well being.

I can safely say that in forum you sound very practical and you are indeed the few who take action to get people hitched and married.

So your exposure to the bachelor/bachelorette world is more than most other members here.

You are more interested in action and by action..raw hard core action.

So I feel you are the man of action.."Karma Yogi".

A lot of others are "Jnaana Yogis" who are compiling data and planning get together to start a revolution that does not leave the walls of their houses.

After all you are giving practical sincere advise to address the problems faced by Ambis.

The TB girls clearly prefer Non Ambi type of guys. So Ambis are losing out.

In forum itself we have Ambis pushing into 40 and still not married.

After all you are only giving decent dating tips and not planning a mass orgy!

So what is there for others to complain?

Last edited:
Krishji,
I do not have first hand experience in this field. The bounds of dating norms differ around the globe and even within the country.
One must learn the local customs and etiquette. You have good suggestions for the youngsters.
Old fogies, who never left the close protected quarters of agraharms can not give practical advice of modern world. Their world is gone, and they can only think of the "golden old days".
Like Renukaji said you are doing excellent job, keep it up.

I don't know which category of Ambis you are talking about.

As far as Iyers are concerned, they have changed a lot, even during my time. Though I was only a smoker and quit due to health reasons, some of my B friends still continue, apart from meat eaters and boozers. At the same time, they are successful in their professions. Their children are well educated, modern and well placed.

What Bs (Iyers especially) require is education, good physique, faith in God (not god man), open mindedness, free thinking etc.

Ambis can succeed only if they date with a girl, go to gym and dance is nothing but blatant superstition.

Never wear Indian attire on first date..it does not give a good outline to the female's body.

So save salwar kameez only after knowing the male for a very long time.

This one I don't necessarily agree. Haven't you seen any item numbers by saree wearing heroines?

But Krishji it is possible that the Delhi dating market is different from the Chennai dating market right?

hi
many had datings in informal manner....not necessary to go to dating...in old times...means 60s/70s/ even 80s many marina

beach SUNDAL DATINGS.......many tried and did tooo..may be some kind of conservative dating........

இந்த கூட்டத்தில் அடியேனுக்கும் பங்கு உண்டு....அடியேனும் இந்த காலங்களில் இனிமையான அனுபவங்கள்

உண்டு.... ஆனால் சைவம் தான்......

Last edited:
But Krishji it is possible that the Delhi dating market is different from the Chennai dating market right?
Biswaji
You are absolutely right.

The dating norms and marriage preferances are different in delhi as compared to chennai

But a commonality is the lack of social skills specially among the brahmin boys of tamil origin.

These boys are not the go getting daring punjabi types and most are protected beyond an extent by their families.

Most cannot meet a girl eye to eye and ask for company for a cup of coffee/chai .

Their interaction is limited to queries on course curriculam and date of exam if some girl even tries to get friendly.

Also they are so attached to their pocket money that they will hardly spend it on a date.lol

So these are found unfit either for dating or marriage after dating by most local girls.{tamil and others}

Nobody wants these north exposed types who speak part hindi part tamil by girls from south india.

Thats the main issue.

Some more Manly wisdom for boys wanting to date girls.

1.Many girl pose as if they are strong , confident and do not require support of men.

Actually the reverse is true. Most are vulnerable and they like a strong male who can take care of their every need. When they become comfortable , they will lean on

you.Girls may be capable of changing the blown out fuse or change oil in car but girls also like to be pampered with attention .Always behave that you are available to fix things for them

2.Never lie to a girl with the thinking you will not be found out.

Most of them know instinctively when you try to pull a fast one seeing your expressions and body language.But they might keep quiet if they want your company but

they will get even with you later.

3.Dating a girl requires a lot of time , hard work and money.

Every relationship if being planned to be a lifetime one requires both time and work. Think of it as an investment for future.After marriage , these will be remembered

for payback by most wives.

4.Many girls are possessive, emotional and like to control .

Possessiveness comes out of a sense of guarding the relationship. Emotional is because they sensitive and caring . Control is because they are thinking whether they

can manage you after marriage. lol

These nuggets of wisdom have been picked up from other online sites . These can contribute to gyan of young tamil brahmin boys looking for a date

This is for oldies who dream all the time to have dating with young girls........

12718309_987425154669257_2425359754884180367_n.jpg

Source: face book

hi

for ambi boys...i have some suggestion abt dating....attend regularly GYM...nice built up body....attend PUB ...atleast on weekends...

they may be get TB gals in PUB regularly..especially in metros...easy for dating....for this...MONEY AND OPEN MIND REQUIRED...

Why do TB parents like to ignore the issue that their girls like to date and push the issue under the carpet ?

Community , caste , society[mostly neighbours who like to poke their noses into neighbours homes],religion put up barriers for dating of girls and boys.

We saw the hostility of far right parties to boys meeting girls on valentine day. There are gruesome caste killings of inter caste couples in caste polarised states.

I saw one post here that girls not only date , they drink also implying that dating is a crime and drinking is worse.This is the general mindset of brahmins.

Most would like their children to be in open society for education and job oppurtunity and yet not like them to inter mix between sexes.

They would like their children to marry preferably without dating a conventional traditional person.This contradiction leads to internal tensions and differences between

generations. Children are in a dilemma.They have to live in society of future where there is less hypocrisy and more openness.They want azaadi to date and decide on their

mates. {Do I sound like someone from JNU?}. Will brahmins in tamilnadu relent to let children have their way?

Last edited:

Your attention please.........

Some one comes here to preach 'Pump and dump' on 'dating'.

Reportedly very useful indeed to help our youngesters.

Useful Tips for healthy dating backed by rich experence.

Pleae spare few minutes forgetting your day's priority and schedule..

If you are very particular in upholding your stedfast culture, please keep it up. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reasons given against dating by families.
1.Cohesive structure of families extending protection to boys [even upto 40 yrs.lol] and girls[this is more]. For girls it is against lechers and society even when there is not

much hazard.

2.Society -neighbours nose ready to taint girls character-Whatever character might mean to them.

3.Problems in marriage negotiations if girl has dated someone.

4.Fear of loss of virginity -Most mothers would try the emotional" I will immolate myself if something happens'

5.Random guys who are not brahmins will grope girls or harass girls.

6. . Brahmin sanskar- whatever it might mean.

Even in so called liberated families, the advise is if you have to date choose at least a brahmin. And if you wear jeans , wear bindi also and greet people with namaste

or touch their feet if they are senior.

No one wants youngsters to be individualistic and be free of bondage.This puts a heavy burden on children.

Many girls try then to act arrogant and behave as if boys do not exist only because of risks of getting into a relationship is not worth it.

Courtesy -views of a brahmin girl on a dating site..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back