• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

What about our meeting???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Raghy ji

Which is your pettai??? Am a microbiologist and certainly not an astrologer. Hahahah. Your locality is totally untraceable for me. I checked with your personal profile and all. Am much eager to see you and also your pettai (May it be anywhere in this world).

Dear Soundar uncle
It is framed as you said. We will meet by 5 there in his home...

Pranams

Dear RVR uncle

As we discussed in earlier posts, we will meet there by 5. Hopefully it will be like last meeting I think. We will chat for a while and then visit the temples and depart...will call you in few minutes anyhow regarding this.

Pranams.

I have not received any private message so far.

I do not know the names of the likely participants too. I personally wish a meeting with a minimum of 10 participants only will make it successful.

I am eager to know the response of Praveen and other Chennaivaasis.

I think 5-30 P.M. (not Indian punctuality) will be an ideal time.

I need the full address with the nearest Rly Station or Bus Stop and popular landmark, presuming I am also invited.

P.S: I live in Nanganallur.

RVRSIR,
NAMASKARAM. THANKYOU for yesterday meeting and your host. visiting gthe temple is also very nice. thankyou to mr. g.soundar rajan. mr. durga, mr.Pannvalan , mr.Rajeshiyer, and mr.Arbisheikh also. this is very nice to meet you all. I hope it will be continue in future also.
Thanks to rvrji 'mami also for coffe and dinner for all
ARUNACHALESHWARAYANAMAHA

I too enjoyed the company of all the known members. I remember the hospitality of Mrs. and Mr. RVR with kindness.

It was a great pleasure to visit the Thiruvalleeswarar temple and Santhana Perumal temple.

I eagerly look forward to another meeting of this kind with larger participation.

Thank you all for finding time to visit my house yesterday - Sundarji, Pannvalan, G Soundararajan, C Ravi, Durgadasan & Rajesh Iyer. My wife joins me in thanking you all.

Since yesterday happened to be an `Amavasya' day, my wife feels that she couldn't offer more variety food. She was born and brought up at Delhi and hence prefers to serve north Indian dishes. But yesterday we were forced to avoid onion etc and hence offered only simple food to you all.

Durga - please organise next meeting with visit to some historic temples.

Thirumullaivayil - Masilamaneeswarar/ Kodiyidai Amman - Sundarar & Arunagirinathar have composed songs here.

Thirumullaivoyal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Shri Vaishnavi Shrine - Thirumullaivoyal

Sri Vaishnavi Shrine, Aavadi (Chennai)

Sri Bakthavathsala Perumal temple - Thiruninravur - one of the Divya Desam

Dhivya Dharsanam: Thiruninravur Sri Bhakthavatsala Perumal

Sri Veera Ragava Perumal temple Tiruvallur - Again a Divya desam

Tiruevvuloor Sri Veeraraghava Swamy Temple - Divya Desam, Thiruvallur Tiruvallur temple Divya desam, Divyadesams, 108 Vishnu Temples

Probably we can plan in the morning and have lunch after temple visit. If you plan around 15 people, we can take a van.

If we plan in advance, I shall organise lunch at Vaishnavi temple.

All the best

Sri.Durga Dasan said:-

"Which is your pettai??? Am a microbiologist and certainly not an astrologer. Hahahah. Your locality is totally untraceable for me. I checked with your personal profile and all. Am much eager to see you and also your pettai"

Sri.Durga Dasan,

I sincerely hope you can read Tamil.....

இன்னா ராசா! பூதக்கண்ணாடில பாத்து இன்னா இன்னாவோ செய்யறே, நம்ம பேட்டை தெரிலேன்னு சொல்லிட்டயே! தம்மாதுண்டு பசங்கள கேட்டாகூட சொல்லூமே! நம்ம பேட்டை இன்னானு நானு எய்திகீறேன் கண்ணு! கண்டுக்கினு வா ராசா!

Cheers!

Sri.Durga Dasan said:-

I sincerely hope you can read Tamil.....

இன்னா ராசா! பூதக்கண்ணாடில பாத்து இன்னா இன்னாவோ செய்யறே, நம்ம பேட்டை தெரிலேன்னு சொல்லிட்டயே! தம்மாதுண்டு பசங்கள கேட்டாகூட சொல்லூமே! நம்ம பேட்டை இன்னானு நானு எய்திகீறேன் கண்ணு! கண்டுக்கினு வா ராசா!

Cheers!

I sincerely hope you can read Madras Tamil..... :)

ps ராசா can also be substituted by நைனா :)

I sincerely hope you can read Madras Tamil..... :)

ps ராசா can also be substituted by நைனா :)

இன்னாது கஸ்மாலம் உட்டா பேசிகினே போறிக

Sorry I am writing the above without knowing the actual meanings, :)

இன்னாது கஸ்மாலம் உட்டா பேசிகினே போறிக

Sorry I am writing the above without knowing the actual meanings, :)

sri.Rvr Sir,

'போறிக' is not Madras Tamil; it is kongu nattu Tamil. 'Kasmalam' is a sanskrit word; means filth; used only in anger! Since you mentioned that you do not know the meaning, I explained. It is fun anyway! :)

Cheers!

Dear all

The meeting was really superb. Pannvalan ji, Sundarji, Soundarrajan uncle, C Ravi, Rajesh Iyer, RVR uncle and myself were the participants. We had really a nice time. We all went to a thondai natu padal petra sthalam, "THIRUVALIDAYAM". (Especially a guru sthala and accidentally that day was a thursday). After which, we went to Mugappair Santhana srinivasa perumal temple. In both the temples, the darshan was simply superb. We all shared so many things about temples. In perumal temple, we all got "Puliyodarai" and thought of "Marghazhi bhajanai - pongal". We chatted for a very long time. RVR arranged for our dinner also. Nice dinner as the previous postsers said. We started from there by 9:30 only. Even that time, we all departed with half-heart only. Still more things to talk between us. Nice to see all the legends face to face. Thanks a lot for all who made this occassion immemorable and RVR uncle for hosting this.

Pranams

Dear Uncle

I have not visited Vaishnavidevi temple yet. Iam much eager to visit it. I studied somewhere that Vaishnavi temple is having some connections with Vallimalai. I am much interested with Valli (pongi). So, will plan that soon uncle... Thanks for reminding me. We could nt talk about this at all.

Dear Raghy uncle
Nan enna thammathundu payyana uncle??? Adan terla. Somma nengale solunga...

Pranams

Sri Raghi and Sri Kunjuppu

இன்னாது சும்மா உட்டா பேசிகினே கிரிக. நம்மள கிண்ட்லடிக்ரிக. ஊட்டாண்ட சொல்லிகினி வந்தியா. வாயிலே வெத்தலபாக்கு போட்டுக்குவே

Hope I have improved a lot. The origional Madras Pasha has now disappeared to a great extent. Except in few pockets in North Chennai area, it is not spoken like old days. May be migration from other areas as well as the new generation has changed the language.

Anyway it is a good fun.

All the fun

Dear Uncle

I have not visited Vaishnavidevi temple yet. Iam much eager to visit it. I studied somewhere that Vaishnavi temple is having some connections with Vallimalai. I am much interested with Valli (pongi). So, will plan that soon uncle... Thanks for reminding me. We could nt talk about this at all.

Dear Raghy uncle
Nan enna thammathundu payyana uncle??? Adan terla. Somma nengale solunga...

Pranams

Durga,

The idol was identified as Vaishnavi by Vallimalai Swamigal. He only installed the idol singing Thiruppugazh. His prime disciple Sri P.N.Krishna Iyer was President of the temple society till his demise two or three years back.
While installing the idol Vallimalai Swamigal recited only Thiruppugazh and no agama sastra was followed. Even today, Thiruppugazh is rendered regularly to the Devi.

I am also a member of the society running the temple

All the best

Respected Pannvalan ji, RVR uncle

What about the photos that we took on the meeting occassion?. Iam just reminding it...

Pranams

Durga,

send your email address through sms or personal message to send the photos.

All the best

Rvr sir and Durgadas ji
you know my phone no but i dont know your number . pls. send me your phone no by sms ,then i also send my email add. for sending photos.
thankyou

No photos for us? That's too bad :(

Sorry Prof. Our photo is not for public viewing:becky:

Just joking. Nothing like that. Some of our friends are in service and don't want to get identified with `brahmins'. That is all.

All the best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back