• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Visit to srirangam,thiruvananthapuram,guruvayur,kollur and udipi

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcramabadran

My wife and I are planning to visit these holy places during November,2012. We would like forum members who are
familiar with these places and who have been travelling frequently to suggest
moderately priced hotels near the temples with vegetarian restaurants
nearby and also how to go from Thiruvananthapuram to Guruvayur and thence
from Guruvayur to Kollur and Udipi.

I would be grateful for your guidance and assistance. Many thanks in
advance.

PC RAMABADRAN

My wife and I are planning to visit these holy places during November,2012. We would like forum members who are
familiar with these places and who have been travelling frequently to suggest
moderately priced hotels near the temples with vegetarian restaurants
nearby and also how to go from Thiruvananthapuram to Guruvayur and thence
from Guruvayur to Kollur and Udipi.

I would be grateful for your guidance and assistance. Many thanks in
advance.

PC RAMABADRAN
hi PCR sir,
i visited trivandrum /guruvayur recently.....abt kollur/udupi also...i can help u....just trivandrum to guruvayur....normal

2 routes....via kottayam....or kollam/alapuzha....both will end in ernakulam....from ernakulam ...you can come to trichur...

then guruvayur....there some short routes tooo...if you familiar with ernakulam /trissur districts.....there is beautiful

brahmin sankara nilayam with free food near guruvayur kizhakke nada...very close to temple..i stayed there for 2 days....

then guruvayur to kollur/udupi....u have to travel to northern kerala....via shornur/malappuram/kozhikode/kannur/mamgalore....

mangalore to kollur very closer....then kollur to udupi.....via subramanya....its in south canara... i think.....even udupi to sringeri

its possible.....then bangalore ...then chennai.....

Thank you very much tbs sir. Where can we stay at Thiruvananthapuram and Srirangam?
If other places are far away from one destination to another, we would as well drop that
part of our schedule. We would then proceed from Chennai to Mangalore by train and
thereafter by cab or bus to Kollur and Udupi.
PC RAMABADRAN

Thank you very much tbs sir. Where can we stay at Thiruvananthapuram and Srirangam?
If other places are far away from one destination to another, we would as well drop that
part of our schedule. We would then proceed from Chennai to Mangalore by train and
PC RAMABADRAN
hi
for trivandrum try some good budget hotels near sri padmanabhasamy temple....even very close to pattom/close to junction...

for srirangam....u can prefer tamil nadu hotels by TTDC in trichy..advance bookings required...some private hotels are

available in trichy according to your budget....TTDC booking can be done in TTDC chennai headquarters....you can get

information abt kollur/udupi at KSTDC in chennai office....for trivandrum KTDC provides accomodation....you can try

TTDC/KTDC and KSTDC in the same building in wallajah road in chennai....near triplicane police station....close to

mount road....

Last edited:
Many sincere thanks once again tbs sir . We would try and get in touch with TTDC, KTDC and
KSTDC for our requirements.
PC RAMABADRAN

hi

[FONT=&quot]Dear Sir[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]NJK Govind Residency at Guruvayur near ICICI Bank Western gate of temple is also economical with fully fledged apartments. The contact no is 0487-2552542. The flat belongs to Mr.N Jayakrishnan an Iyer(Puthucode,Palghat ) from our own community[/FONT]

Dear tbs sir
I do not find appropriate words to thank you for your timely help and assistance. I have
made note of the details kindly provided by you and would make use of it for our purpose
without fail. Many thanks once again for your thoughtfulness.
PC RAMABADRAN

hi
Thank u so much..so nice of u..its just a piece of info....just mentioned...what i know to u....

adiyen

One of our relatives recently visited Guruvayur and stayed there for a couple
of days, as they had the programme of Thula Bharam, etc and they went with
a child. All arrangements were nice with the Brahamana Samooham. Only
thing, one has to inform in advance. Besides, Dewaswam Board have nice
arrangements. One can use the facility there also. The guest houses are run
by the Guruvayur Devaswom Board. Panchanjanyam, Kausthubham and
Sreevalsam, etc. They also arrange accommodation but one has to contact
them well in advance and book the accommodation. In this connection,
one can visit the following two sites. http://www.guruvayurdevaswom.org/accomo.shtml
(info.about accommodation, tarriff, etc.) http://www.guruvayurdevaswom.org/accomodation.shtml
(contact phone numbers)

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Dear Shri Balasubramanian,

For Srirangam temple, you can take a lodge called Mayavaram Lodge in the heart of City Trichy which is very close to Uchi Pillayar temple. This mayavaram lodge is run by brahmins and only veg. mess in the ground floor is available. Very safety and economical rent also. You can visit Uchipillayar, Thiruvanakovil, Srirangam and Samayapuram Mariamman temple , the city central bus stand is walkable distance.
GOD BLESS YOU.

Dear Shri Balasubramanian,

For Srirangam temple, you can take a lodge called Mayavaram Lodge in the heart of City Trichy which is very close to Uchi Pillayar temple. This mayavaram lodge is run by brahmins and only veg. mess in the ground floor is available. Very safety and economical rent also. You can visit Uchipillayar, Thiruvanakovil, Srirangam and Samayapuram Mariamman temple , the city central bus stand is walkable distance.
GOD BLESS YOU.

Thank you very much Sir. We are planning to go Shri Mathura Kaliamman Temple at Siruvachiyur,
Samayapuram Mariamman Temple, Sri Ranganatha Swamy Temple, Thanthondriswara Perumal Temple at
Karur, etc. Once again thank you Sir. Wish you and your family all the best.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

dear balu sir !
as sri.Panchanatham chandrasekar said mayavaram lodge is best for stay in trichy.you can get a/c accommodation for 4 people in the same room .it is in vanapatarai street where one marriamman temple is available.you can have full meals in Madura lodge run by mathura kaliamman devotee. chantram bus stand ,not central bus stand is in walk able distance you choose monday for siruvachur temple instead of friday so that you can have peaceful dharsan of lord sri renganathan on monday -thursday. there will be mad rush from friday-sunday you visit samayapuram marriamman in the morning 0500-0600 hrs during which there will not be much rush .do not mis to visit T.V.koil,vayalur and woriyur vekkaliamman .you can cover all the places by engaging call taxi (ramajayam or thayar cabs)
guruvayurappan

dear balu sir !
as sri.Panchanatham chandrasekar said mayavaram lodge is best for stay in trichy.you can get a/c accommodation for 4 people in the same room .it is in vanapatarai street where one marriamman temple is available.you can have full meals in Madura lodge run by mathura kaliamman devotee. chantram bus stand ,not central bus stand is in walk able distance you choose monday for siruvachur temple instead of friday so that you can have peaceful dharsan of lord sri renganathan on monday -thursday. there will be mad rush from friday-sunday you visit samayapuram marriamman in the morning 0500-0600 hrs during which there will not be much rush .do not mis to visit T.V.koil,vayalur and woriyur vekkaliamman .you can cover all the places by engaging call taxi (ramajayam or thayar cabs)
guruvayurappan

Really thankful to you Sir for the valuable information.

Balasubramanian

PC RAMABADRAN

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back