• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Visit to Pandharpur and around

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the privilege of visiting Pandharpur, Tuljapur, Ganngapur, Akalkote in Maharashtra again. The new experience is different from old experience. The priests have become more enterprising. There are semi-priests and quasi-priests and deemed priests. There are people and people to help you in having 'darshan'. Enterprising people abound where pilgrims frequent. Should atheism rears its head more vigorously there will be unemployment of lakhs. Pray to atheism to be dormant!

I had the privilege of visiting Pandharpur, Tuljapur, Ganngapur, Akalkote in Maharashtra again. The new experience is different from old experience. The priests have become more enterprising. There are semi-priests and quasi-priests and deemed priests. There are people and people to help you in having 'darshan'. Enterprising people abound where pilgrims frequent. Should atheism rears its head more vigorously there will be unemployment of lakhs. Pray to atheism to be dormant!

dear iyya,

how does one differentiate between 'semi-priests and quasi-priests and deemed priests'. and how do we as pilgrims decide, what level of priestery that we need?

your reply is much looked forward to, before i fix my dates :) thank you. thank yo!

Kunjappu sir:
Just wear a pyjama and shirt and 'angavastram' worn like a 'stole' by girls or just a dhoti and top-less sporting sindhur, lal kumkum or black spot on your forehead. You should be able to gain entry around sanctum sanctorum and try your luck and ingenuity to squeeze. The gullible devotee will give you the status in his own mind! I think Canada is still a better place!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back