• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Villagers in Erode sacrifice 3000 goats to placate the rain gods

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasad1

[FONT=proxima-regular1, roboto, arial, sans-serif]Erode: Invoking the gods for rain, villagers of Chinnakosanam in Gobichettipalayam taluk in Erode district on Friday conducted a special festival at Poothanachi Amman and Petrayaswamy temple.[/FONT]

[FONT=proxima-regular1, roboto, arial, sans-serif] Hypocrisy, superstition, or stupidity?
[/FONT]What is the fault of the goats?
I agree others kill goat as food, it is a personal choice.
I hate this kind of animal sacrifice in the name of Hinduism.

Animal sacrifice is cruel! JJ brought in a legislation in 2003 banning animal sacrifice...There was hue & cry by MuKa...JJ badly lost the 2004 Parliamentary elections & this law was withdrawn...Sad state of affairs due to electoral compulsions...May be SC has to intervene in this too!! But thinking aloud how about massacre of goats for human consumption? Which law is going to stop that!

Erode: Invoking the gods for rain, villagers of Chinnakosanam in Gobichettipalayam taluk in Erode district on Friday conducted a special festival at Poothanachi Amman and Petrayaswamy temple.

Hypocrisy, superstition, or stupidity?
What is the fault of the goats?

Hypocrisy, superstition or stupidity?

None of these perhaps. It is just normal survival.

You are killing a few hundred paddy seeds every day to have your morning rice on your dining table. add to it the number of potential bhindi, pyaaj, chilli, carrot and other plants that are killed by cooking to be on your table as chukka bhaji and salaad. So no one has any right to point an accusing finger at others as long as we live in this world and eat for survival.

As long as the goats are not tortured before killling there is no reason to grumble. It is the food of tamasic and rajasic sections of the society. They relish it. That is the way the world exists.

There is a major religion of the world which got rid of all guilt in killing for eating by declaring and amending the holy book by saying that god created earth and populated it with the first human couple. He then created many other lives just for the pleasure of this couple and their decendents.

Another religion follows the practice of chanting a few slokhas from their holy book before slaughtering. The meat after such ritual slaughtering is halal or pure for them.

These are the two religions that are together forming the majority of the world population.

Let us be realistic. There is no complaint that the animals after offering to the God were just abandoned. The whole lot of it was eaten by people. And that is the saving grace. LOL.

Vaagmiji,
Obviously you missed the sentence in my post.
"I hate this kind of animal sacrifice in the name of Hinduism."

When you quote a post it is assumed that you have read the post and understood the meaning.
I am only concerned about Hinduism, that too in a religious function.

I know India is 80+% non-vegetarian. I also know Other religions may conduct mass slaughter of animals.
If I remember correctly you argued that Hindu religious books only mention of symbolic killing of cows and Horses.

Last edited:
Erode: Invoking the gods for rain, villagers of Chinnakosanam in Gobichettipalayam taluk in Erode district on Friday conducted a special festival at Poothanachi Amman and Petrayaswamy temple.

Hypocrisy, superstition, or stupidity?
What is the fault of the goats?
Cowards need sanction from religion. Even to do what they like. Else they would be damned to hell...

Vaagmiji,
Obviously you missed the sentence in my post.
"I hate this kind of animal sacrifice in the name of Hinduism."

When you quote a post it is assumed that you have read the post and understood the meaning.
I am only concerned about Hinduism, that too in a religious function.

I know India is 80+% non-vegetarian. I also know Other religions may conduct mass slaughter of animals.
If I remember correctly you argued that Hindu religious books only mention of symbolic killing of cows and Horses.
Prasadji,
I read it alright. My understanding is that people generally remember God and make sacrificial offerings only when they are in deep trouble or when they want to have a sumptuous dinner of mutton kebab with mutton biryani washed down with mutton soup. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back