• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Vijay Super Singer controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are TB's deliberately left out of the award? I felt Raja Ganapathy for his age (just 17 years) and humongous talent deserves the award! He did not get through in public voting! Fareeda also did an outstanding job!!

I have nothing against Anand...He is more experienced in singing...May be he wanted a second life...And Malayalees supported him by voting in large nos!

[h=1]Last two days has been a nightmare for me: Anand Aravindakshan[/h]TNN | Mar 27, 2016, 01.52 PM IST

51570632.jpg
It looks the title winner of the of the reality show, Super Singer 5, Anand Aravindakshan is going through a tough time. The singer has been facing a severe backlash from the audience after his victory. Aravind had already sung a few songs in the Tamil film industry, and he was under the scanner for participating in a programme targeted at upcoming singers. The singer took to his social networking page to express his dismay.

He posted,"Last 2 days, the days that should've ideally been a celebration time for my hard earned success, has been a nightmare for me. Thank you to all the people and the Channel that stood by me during the hardest of times this week. I thought I had reached the pinnacle of success after 10 months of contesting , learning songs, competing, winning & 10 YEARS OF MY LONG WAIT FOR THAT 1 BIG STAGE. BUT A few kind souls created fake profiles to promote an already known fact from Google and my facebook profile all OF a sudden.. Throughout the super singer tenure, these information were available very much in all the sites and my Fb profile itself. If I really wanted to conceal any fact, I could've deleted all the information, which I never did, simply because I had the eligibility to contest... These 2 days, I have started feeling
I am the most unlucky singer & I shouldn't have had big dreams and aspirations about my career, like everyone else.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...-Anand-Aravindakshan/articleshow/51570621.cms

Are TB's deliberately left out of the award? I felt Raja Ganapathy for his age (just 17 years) and humongous talent deserves the award! He did not get through in public voting! Fareeda also did an outstanding job!!

Its not really anyone being left out...if you see American Idol you would understand at times the best singers actually get voted out by public much to the shock and dismay of the judges.

Public usually votes a whole package type of singer.

The want someone who has a good voice and connects with the audience...maintains eye contact with the audience and usually some amount of good looks and personality helps too.

Public are looking for an Idol..a performer..not merely just a good voice.

Last week in American Idol contest an Indian origin girl made it to the top 5 ..her name..Sonika Vaid..beautiful and sings well but she got voted out by public finally.

The reason I feel is not becos she was anything lesser than other singers but I feel she never had good stage presence even though she is very beautiful.
To me she still had the play back singer feel to her..good voice but concentrating mainly on her song and notes.

Where else the other singers especially the African American origin one in the top 5 had a fantastic stage presence and connected well with audience and she emotes with the song that she bring tears even to the eyes of judges.

These are the little things that makes a person stand out and get voted to be the winner.

I liked fareedas singing.

A non hindu singing our religeous numbers with feeling

When composer like naushad,AR rehman make hindu devotional, mohammad rafi sings songs of naushad composition and shakeell badayuni lyrics in baiju bawra and

kohinoor, one realises that india is a great country where there is no religion differences in music.

While I am not a language fanatic, we must have check and balances.

When States are divided on the basis of language, the language of the state must be given importance in all fields. Actually, it is not happening, especially programs like 'Super Singing' or can we call it as 'Stupid and Silly Singing'?

Such controversies can be totally eliminated only when singers with local language as mother tongue are permitted to participate.

These programs are organised specifically to help some target groups from a particular State. There is a possibility that administrative positions in Satellite Tamils channels are being occupied from a particular State, who help these people.

Already TN is a hunting ground for classical musicians from Palghat, in cornering slots and awards, and light music now joins the circus, in the name of 'Stupid and Silly Singing'.

These programs must be totally ignored and avoided by true Tamilians. What is the real use in such programs for a Tamilian, irrespective of caste, when local talent is not awarded suitably?

Tamilians are slowly loosing everything - Education, Sports, Politics, Cinema, Music etc. Unrestricted employment opportunities for people from other States is probably the prime reason, for program like this.

Raja Ganapathy is the real winner because he got the maximum marks, far ahead of Anand.

Just because of public support, Anand could win the title.
award_star.png

I was surprised by a song given to Fareedha. When she can sing as good as P. Susheela, why that KBS song - njAnappazham?

I am happy that a prize = first runner up was given to Raja Ganapathy, for his rocking performance in the grand finale! :thumb:

What I notice is that people from Kerala get most of the top awards..It has happened in the past too..We should encourage local talent!

In a contest held in a Kerala channel, Kalpana from Tamil Nadu won the first prize, because of the intervention of Sri. Yesudas.

We were all very happy then! :dance:

BTW, it was because of STOPPING the public voting. :hand:

Vijai tv is not the exclusive property of Tamils. It is viewed by a large Malayalee population too. Music is beautiful and certainly beyond language and regional barriers.

Yet purely going by talent my selection would have been Rajaganapathy, Fareeda and Aravindakshan in that order.

What I notice is that people from Kerala get most of the top awards..It has happened in the past too..We should encourage local talent!

We are great engineers of automobiles and IC engines. Malayalees are great drivers of these automobiles.

Engineers are in the past and are usually in the clouds. Drivers are here and in the present. They enjoy driving and we are happy with them as they make the ride enjoyable.

LOL.

One of the primary reasons for this is the attitude of politicians. Their attitude splits Tamilians vertically.

Vijay TV is a Tamil Channel and not a Malayalam one. If Malayalees also view Vijay TV, it is their business. Is anyone forcing them to see it? Its revenue is only from Tamil language and not from the language of 'Gods own country'. Hence, local talent must only be encouraged, irrespective of talent or not. Major part of earnings for Carnatic Musicians, irrespective of language, is only in Tamil Nadu. This shows Tamil Nadu is not lacking in musical knowledge. In fact, Tamil Nadu only has been producing more number of 'Vagyakaras', Musicians etc., and Chennai has more Sabhas than other States put together.

It becomes a fashion to say 'music has no language'. If that is the case, why is language being used in all forms of music. The slogan becomes a tool to favour somebody from other place. This vague terminology is being used frequently in Carnatic Music circle to give prominence for Telugu. Now this happens in 'Super Silly Singer'.

The Govt. must intervene and send a strong message to all Tamil channels to include only Tamilians in such programs, when prize money is involved.

The super intelligent people (?) who say 'music has no language' can recommend to Central Govt. to amalgamate Kerala with Tamil Nadu, since individual States are not required on the basis of language, when music has no language, and Tamil Nadu will take care of them well, especially in programs like 'Super Silly Singer'.

One of the primary reasons for this is the attitude of politicians. Their attitude splits Tamilians vertically.

Vijay TV is a Tamil Channel and not a Malayalam one. If Malayalees also view Vijay TV, it is their business. Is anyone forcing them to see it? Its revenue is only from Tamil language and not from the language of 'Gods own country'. Hence, local talent must only be encouraged, irrespective of talent or not. Major part of earnings for Carnatic Musicians, irrespective of language, is only in Tamil Nadu. This shows Tamil Nadu is not lacking in musical knowledge. In fact, Tamil Nadu only has been producing more number of 'Vagyakaras', Musicians etc., and Chennai has more Sabhas than other States put together.

It becomes a fashion to say 'music has no language'. If that is the case, why is language being used in all forms of music. The slogan becomes a tool to favour somebody from other place. This vague terminology is being used frequently in Carnatic Music circle to give prominence for Telugu. Now this happens in 'Super Silly Singer'.

The Govt. must intervene and send a strong message to all Tamil channels to include only Tamilians in such programs, when prize money is involved.

The super intelligent people (?) who say 'music has no language' can recommend to Central Govt. to amalgamate Kerala with Tamil Nadu, since individual States are not required on the basis of language, when music has no language, and Tamil Nadu will take care of them well, especially in programs like 'Super Silly Singer'.

A super shining piece of wisdom. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back