• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Venkatachala Deepam

Tiru Iyer

Namaskaram,
My maternal grandfather and grandmother used to perform the Venkatachala Deepam vratham at home every year. 101 Brahmins would be fed at the end of the vratham. Mayooranatha Vadhyar from Palghat would come to conduct the vratham. The Kuladaivam of both my maternal and paternal families is Venkatacahalapathy. It has been 25 years since Mayooranatha Vadhyar passed away and all sets of grandparents are no longer alive. No one in the family remembers how to conduct the vratham. I have not been able to find any information about how to conduct this vratham or find anyone in the Mysore or Bangalore area who knows how to perform this vratham. Unfortunately I cannot read Tamil or Malayalam script. If there is anyone who knows where I can find information about this vratham please respond.
Sincerely,
Muthuswamy Iyer

Latest ads

Back