• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Vedic Civilization, Greek/Roman Civilization, Christianity & Islam !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Continuing from earlier post –

Clearly Lord Krishna himself is Jesus Christ & Krishna-ism= Christianity. That’s why there is a lot of similarity between Bible & Bhagavad Gita & to the Indian/Vedic Civilization. Salem in Tamil Nadu is the correct Jeru-Salem in history as discussed in my earlier post. Salem has a Perumal temple on the hill & near this place, there is a Lord Murugan temple with 108 Shiva Lingams. Lord Murugan is the God of Israel – Yaweh.. and they are aligned to Shaivites, that’s why the majority Jews do not support Jesus in the persecution. This has always been a surprise that the majority Jews supported the Romans in this persecution.

During the time when Jesus Christ lived, Rome was ruled by Tiberius Caesar. Since Lord Krishna is Jesus Christ, Romans / Caesar King ruled here from Madurai – (Pandian King from Madurai goes to war to Kurunadu & fights 100s of chieftains & wins a glorious victory and only the Pandian Kings had 5 brothers ruling together at the same time in turns exactly like in Mahabharata..)

Given, that Roman coins have been found in Hampi & other places in South, it is clear the Romans ruled here. As per the ancient text – Virgil’s Aeneid, the prince of Troy – Aeneid flees from the sack of Troy along with his people, braves strange lands & settled near Rome. His direct descendants founded Rome, setting the stage for one of the greatest empires in History.

Since Ramayana = Homer Illiad, Troy = Lanka, clearly the Trojan Prince fled from the city of Badami in Karnataka & moved to Madurai, &ruled from here as the ancient Pandian Empire.

King Nero playing the Lyre when Rome was burning is the same as Kannagi burning of Madurai !!. Nero suicides shortly after the burning of Rome, similarly the Pandian king kills himself. Antony, Cleopatra lived here - the inscriptions about Lilawati in Ceylon (Current Sri Lanka), is almost identical to the story line of Cleopatra where the conquering Pandian General marries her. The destruction of the library in Alexandria = buring down of Nalanda University in Nalagonda in the state of Andhra Pradesh.

Shortly after King Nero, the Roman Empire is ruled by minor kings & then it collapses. Post this, the Romans go back to their land of ancestors in Europe/Italy & settled in Pompey & Herculaneum –which was destroyed by the Lava of Mount Vesuvius!! These are the Romani people – so called HinduGypsies found in Europe.

Similarly the Greek/Jews – go back to their home land in middle east & Europe spreading the religion/texts. Infact the Jews originate here in Atlantis/Dwaraka/Puhar (Garden of Eden) – these are the Persian soldiers who came with Alexander & subsequently mix with the Greeks/Romans etc..

And as per tradition every event in South India was recorded duly in multiple languages – Greek, Latin, Sanskrit, Aramaic &Tamil & preserved for all times.

Islam also originates here in Karnataka/Maharashtra. In Maharashtra, there is a place called “Satana” (this is purely for historical analysis – please do not draw any negative connotation), & it is here the first text of Islam is written. 300 yrs back, a Britisher went inside Mecca & copied the image of the sacred stone – the inscription says – “this Shiva lingam is established by King Vikramaditya”. Karnataka/ Maharashtra was ruled by King Vikramaditya (descendant of the Chalukyan King – Pulekeshi II) & during his reign, Adi Shankara spends 12 yrs in Shringeri writing the Advaita – one ultimate formless Brahman. So theIslamic text is centered on the formless God – Allah, which then goes over to middle-east & establishes itself as a Major Religion.

In summary – Alexander with his conquest of Indae/Indo –South India set the stage for the greatest civilization of all times – melting pot of the Greek, Roman, Egyptian, & Persians – he conquers Egypt & Persian before he comes here. This small group of priests & soldiers (Alexander brings along a num of priests as part of his conquest), are the root of all religions - Vedic, Jainism/Buddhism, Judaism, Christianity, Islam & Sikhism (off shoot of the other religions) !!

Now, could some of these kings have lived in Europe & it got mixed with the ancient texts coming from the Romans fleeing from south of India, the answer is yes, but as long as every event in the Roman history is matched by an identical rendition in other texts in – Sanskrit, Tamil, Greek &Aramaic, then it happened here in our lands…

Last edited:
If Bible is similar to Bhagvad Gita , why Jesus is the only one telling all things (Only in New Testment Jesus is coming...He is actually predicted as a future prophet in the old testament..I have Bible with me and also Bhagavad Gita.There are so many bible stories..could you say that these are all Maha bharatha stories...There has been no mention of caine and abel in Maha bharata and Bhagavad Gita...You said it is is salem...where is then red sea ...is it nearer to salem...Kindly dont put your own segment of imagination and say that both are same

Why just like krishna...jesus is the only one telling all morals (To whom 12 Apostles are 12 Alwars?...If Buddha = Vishnu Ambedkar = Gandhi ..If Gotse killed Gandhi, Ambedkar is also killed by Gotse...according to this theory

All are written with a mind that history can be distorted in anyway...How come Egypt red sea can be fit into this ...I don't know...We have vadapati mangalam village in Tamilnadu and Vadamas came from north of India and not from any other country...How come Jambu dwipa supposed to be the prime land previously fit into this? Porus actually belong to near punjab and Alexendar died immediately after the war and selukas ruled only in north india and not in south india...Agastya belong to sangam period...How are you able to link all these unrelated things into one story into one...I'm not able to understand...You are a very perfect story teller for Bollwood and Hollywood movies where there will not be any link at all

Vignesh – Please read all my posts related to history tounderstand this before making some silly comments.

Cheers,

Continuing from earlier post –

< Clipped >

Now, could some of these kings have lived in Europe & it got mixed with the ancient texts coming from the Romans fleeing from south of India, the answer is yes, but as long as every event in the Roman history is matched by an identical rendition in other texts in – Sanskrit, Tamil, Greek &Aramaic, then it happened here in our lands…

Shri Jaykay767,

I had seen when you made your earlier attempt to tell us (this Forum) some things which are currently not accepted as true, historical or even historical possibilities. This is because people in general have a closed mindset and opening it (the mind) so as to be receptive to new ideas is both a very difficult mental exercise and intellectually shocking too.

Having said that, your various points come out in your posts as "pronouncements" and there is no attempt to give convincing proof/evidences/supporting records so as to make your compelling points more important. I will therefore request you, now that you have furnished a set of points in the OP, to take up point-by-point and elaborate with supporting evidences. Let us consider the first para, first. (I have numbered the sentences to facilitate discussion :

1. Clearly Lord Krishna himself is Jesus Christ & Krishna-ism= Christianity.
2. That’s why there is a lot of similarity between Bible & Bhagavad Gita & to the Indian/Vedic Civilization.
3. Salem in Tamil Nadu is the correct Jeru-Salem in history as discussed in my earlier post. Salem has a Perumal temple on the hill & near this place, there is a Lord Murugan temple with 108 Shiva Lingams.
4. Lord Murugan is the God of Israel – Yaweh..
5. and they are aligned to Shaivites, that’s why the majority Jews do not support Jesus in the persecution.
6. This has always been a surprise that the majority Jews supported the Romans in this persecution.
My comments on the above sentences/points are as under :—

1. This seems to me to be the conclusion to be arrived at after statements at 2 and 3 have been proved.

2. What are the similarities between Bible and the Bhagavadgeetha and, between the Bible and the Indian/Vedic Civilization?

3. I don't know whether there is a Perumal temple on a hill and also a Murugan temple with 108 Shiva Lingams near this hill. Kindly furnish the names of the hill/perumal temple/murugan temple so that people (members of this forum) who are familiar with Salem area can give their views.

4. & 5. On what basis are we to accept your statement that Murugan and Yahweh are the same, and that Jews are "aligned" (aligned in what sense?) to Shaivites?

6. In sentence 5 you say that 'majority jews do not support Jesus' persecution, and then in the next sentence you say that majority jews supported the Romans in this persecution. This contradiction needs to be sorted out. Where does the Sanhedrin stand vis-a-vis India/Vedic Civilization?

Let us proceed systematically and analyze your points and come to a conclusion, if you agree. I am open to all new ideas even if they appear, at first dight, to be preposterous; but they should be proved logically and with supporting evidences.

I have heard similar, if not the same, kinda analysis regarding Shaivism and Islam, that, near the 'Kaaba' that there is a well which is believed to contain waters of Ganges, etc.

Many people do not like such ideas of comparing Hinduism with Islam or Christianity because ultimately, the fact is that, Bible proclaims 'Eternal Hell and Damnation' for non-believers and Quran supposedly spreads messages justifying killing of those who do not subscribe to the views contained in it, calling them 'pagans'. A peaceful religion ad Hinduism does not say any of the above, and there is place even for atheists in Hinduism.

I have heard similar, if not the same, kinda analysis regarding Shaivism and Islam, that, near the 'Kaaba' that there is a well which is believed to contain waters of Ganges, etc.

Many people do not like such ideas of comparing Hinduism with Islam or Christianity because ultimately, the fact is that, Bible proclaims 'Eternal Hell and Damnation' for non-believers and Quran supposedly spreads messages justifying killing of those who do not subscribe to the views contained in it, calling them 'pagans'. A peaceful religion ad Hinduism does not say any of the above, and there is place even for atheists in Hinduism.

Smt. JR,

On the one hand the protagonists of "everything-hindu" try to promote the view that human civilization spread from the ancient Bharat to different parts of the world; as a part of this effort, even when the BJP came to power last time, there were many websites attempting to prove, with the help of photos as evidence, that there is a small Siva Linga in one corner of the Qaabaa and that this is cleaned every year just before the Haj pilgrimage period. The Qaabaa itself, they claim, was a gigantic Shivlinga formed by a meteor from the sky and that after the coming into being of Islam, this Shivlinga was shaped to the present way. We also know that the arabs before Prophet Muhammad's time were divided into ever so many gotras or tribes, each loooting, plundering the rest and all of them robbing the caravans on the great 'silk route'. Historically, all these warring tribes used to observe a peaceful period every year and all of them converged to the Shiva temple in Mecca whose priests came to be known as Shias (morph od Shiva). Prophet Mohammad himself was a Shia. Besides, there seems to be some essential similarity between the Islamic "Allah" (lit. the God) who is formless and unknowable because of His greatness, and the Nirguna Brahman concept of Advaita. Hence, we may not be able to rule out some comparison between Hinduism, Islam and Christianity more because there was trade contacts between Bharat, ancient Arabia and possibly Syria also. We cannot rule this out on the other hand when we claim India to be the cradle of everything.

There was no religion called "hinduism" ever; only after the Europeans started conquering our territories, they started calling the inhabitants (or at least some of them) as Hindoos and their belief system as the Hindoo faith, etc., and this has become today's hinduism. The rigveda extols martial gods like Indra, Rudra, etc. Even Ramayana and Mahabharata, the itihasas, extol only the great warriors. The Bhagavadgeetha clearly portrays a reluctant, and so peace-oriented Arjuna being compelled by all possible ways into fighting and exterminating his siblings and their forces. Parasurama was a ruthless warrior. Narasimha is fierce in his form itself. One of the oft-repeated prayer in our vedic mantras is one which prays to one deva or another to exterminate one's enemies and others who do not like the person so worshipping, but the latter himself is not aware of this (योऽस्मान्द्वेष्टि यंचवयं द्विष्मः yo:'smāndveṣṭi yaṃcavayaṃ dviṣmaḥ). So, if one really goes deeper into the hindu religion, it will become clear that hinduism is not a peace-loving religion but it became emaciated and therefore, it had to be packaged as a "peace-loving" religion, especially when we were trying to dislodge the mighty British empire from our head.

It is my view, therefore, that the views expressed by Shri Jaykay should not be thrown out offhand but should be considered and evaluated impartially.

One of the oft-repeated prayer in our vedic mantras is one which prays to one deva or another to exterminate one's enemies and others who do not like the person so worshipping, but the latter himself is not aware of this (योऽस्मान्द्वेष्टि यंचवयं द्विष्मः yo:'smāndveṣṭi yaṃcavayaṃ dviṣmaḥ).

Namaste Sangom ji,

I am not knowledgeable enough to carry on the conversation. However, with reference to your above stated opinion (fact), I would like to bring to your attention the alternative meaning to such a request (that the devotee is praying to the gods for vanquishing one's enemies) - I believe that in the true spirit of Sanathana Dharma, such a prayer in essence is made to appeal for the deity's support in 'vanquishing one's internal enemies' namely the Shadripus, and not really one's external foes. Because, one's external foes are but the physical manifestation of one's internal enemies. And, essentially, though it can be argued like yourself have, that Hindu gods predominantly are having a "warrior-like" disposition and that they did not hesitate killing the bad/the wicked, and thus Hinduism is not an "all peaceful" religion, I would like to counter-argue that basically the bad/the wicked in Hinduism are *not* ordinary humans (like christianity 'dooms' and Islam 'kills'), but extraordinary evils that torment mankind, which are but symbolic representations of man's own weakness that lingers with him no matter how many births he takes. So slaying of this kind is considered 'for the good' and thus this point may not make Hinduism not promoting peace.

I would like to hear your kind opinions on the same.

Thanks,

These are all not history..in which history you have read all these, kindly tell me the source...if someone gives some comments kindly don't tell silly. There should be some authentication behind each history.Just tell this is my analysis...i will agree

what is historical, whatever history says is always distorted view of ones one prejudice.I have faced more than these harsh comments.I know how will your mind will get affected. But there should be some link when you say some history.You have not refuted any of my points. Alexander never came to south. since when he was nearing India itself, he became ill.

Namaste Sangom ji,

I am not knowledgeable enough to carry on the conversation. However, with reference to your above stated opinion (fact), I would like to bring to your attention the alternative meaning to such a request (that the devotee is praying to the gods for vanquishing one's enemies) - I believe that in the true spirit of Sanathana Dharma, such a prayer in essence is made to appeal for the deity's support in 'vanquishing one's internal enemies' namely the Shadripus, and not really one's external foes. Because, one's external foes are but the physical manifestation of one's internal enemies. And, essentially, though it can be argued like yourself have, that Hindu gods predominantly are having a "warrior-like" disposition and that they did not hesitate killing the bad/the wicked, and thus Hinduism is not an "all peaceful" religion, I would like to counter-argue that basically the bad/the wicked in Hinduism are *not* ordinary humans (like christianity 'dooms' and Islam 'kills'), but extraordinary evils that torment mankind, which are but symbolic representations of man's own weakness that lingers with him no matter how many births he takes. So slaying of this kind is considered 'for the good' and thus this point may not make Hinduism not promoting peace.

I would like to hear your kind opinions on the same.

Thanks,

योऽस्मान्द्वेष्टि यंचवयं द्विष्मः yo:'smāndveṣṭi yaṃcavayaṃ dviṣmaḥ means "those who hate us and those whom we hate. So far no scholar has interpreted these in terms of the Shadripus; may be they were all not so knowledgeable ! IMHO, Shadripus may not fit in in this context because none of our scriptures says that the Shadripus hate us or that we hate them.

I am not well-versed in Christian or Islam to pronounce verdicts on them. But I still feel that hindu religion in its essence has been a militant religion; even Vaishnavites and non-vaishnavites fought bitterly and killled many on either side.

But, for a person who has decided to use all kinds of ingenious arguments to prove one's own dogmas, no evidence will be convincing.

Vignesh –

first off, In any conversation, you must first give respect to others before you demand respect. When you read some posts which are“shockingly new”, you must ask questions, or counter it with facts & figures, not make some “sarcastic” comments like imagination, Bollywood, Hollywood movie etc..

so if you “dish out” such comments in a public forum, you must be ready to take it back..

Cheers,

Last edited:
Dear Sangom,

Let me summarize here some of the key historical detailsfor us to discuss & debate.

1. Ramayana = Homer Iliad Troy = Narasimhavarman vsPulekeshi War. All these 3 are the same war. ** Kindly refer to my earlierposts for details.

2. If both these wars are the same, then the Greeks,Trojans were here in India.

3. Roman Empire were founded by the descendants ofTroy Prince Aeaneis ** As per Roman/Greek records.

4. As per Greek Historian Arrian, after the warwith Porus @ Hydaspes River (God River), Alexander continues to conquer the landstill the mouth of the river Indae capturing the western sea wall.

5. (Per Arrian) - Alexander soldiers then rebelagainst their leaders as he wanted to attack Magadha in the gangetic plainswhich had over 9000 elephants in their army.

6. (Per Arrian) – Alexander reluctantly decides tostop the campaign & return back to Greece.

7. Only community in India to ever have claimedthat they are the descendants of Alexander is the Coorgi community settled right @ the mouth of theriver Cauvery.

8. So Alexander fight Porus = Purushottama =Pandyan King in Mysore / Bangalore Region. Mandya in Karnataka = Land of thePandyas.

9. Alexander founded 2 cities – Nycea &Buchephalus on both sides of the Hydapes river. So Nycea = Mysore, Buchephalus= Bangalore.

Cheers,

Dear Sangom,

My inputs to your queries posted in #7:

Refer above post on the presence of Greeks, Trojans in South India. Lets take a look at Lord Krisha & Jesus Christ
1. Krishna has a virgin birth, & Kamsa kills all the male heirs when he was being born.

2. Similarly when Jesus Christ was born, Romans conducted a Census & killed all the male heirs because the King of Jews was ordained to be born & who will challenge the authority of the Roman Rulers.

3. Aramaic/Greek sources: From years 12 to 30, there is absolutely NO record of what Jesus did. This is called the “missing years of Jesus” & led to intense speculation that he visited India during this time.

4. My view: During this time, Krisha kills Kamsa & then takes part in the Mahabharata War. At the end of the war Gandhari curses Krishna for having killed all her near & dear ones.

5. Krishna willing agrees to suffer & perform penance.

6. Now go back to the written inscriptions: Only in the case the Pandians, there is a historical written record that 5 brothers rule in turns their kingdom. In the name of the eldest Pandian King, there is a further record that he wages a war with Kurunadu where he kills 100s of chieftains. Before he goes to the war, he converts into Vaishnavism/Jainism.

7. As per written inscriptions: After the war, he falls severely ill & none is able to cure him. Shaivite Saint Sambandhar then offers to cure him on the condition he reconverts back to Shaivism

8. As per written inscriptions: Sambandhar cures him, & he reconverts back to Shaivism. He orders all his followers to reconvert, most of them do, some do not.

9. As per written inscriptions: He then orders the “impalement”of those who refused to reconvert back to Shaivism. this is Jesus Crucifixion

10. My View: Here, Krishna willing offers to suffer along with these people for the sins of Humanity & ascends to Heaven.

11. So clearly, if you combine all the 3 sources –Aramaic/Greek, Mahabharatha, Tamil Inscriptions, it is clear, Lord Krishna =Jesus Christ.

12. So if Krishna = Jesus, then the Kingdom of Israel, & Kingdom of Judah existed in South of India. mythical Jeru-Salem = Salem in Tamil Naduwhich incidentally has a “Jeru-gamalai” = “Jeru Hill”

13. Oothu Malai inSalem – has 2 temples - Baala Subramani Murugan Temple with 108 Shiva Lingams& a Perumal Temple.

14. My view: Given that this Murugan temple is onthe hill along with Perumal temple & 108 Shiva Lingams closely parallelsthe 108 Divya Deshams, & it is situated in Jeru-Salem, Lord Murugan is theGod of Israel.

15. My view: That’s why, majority jews who arealigned to Shaivism, do not oppose Jesus persecution

Other than those flagged with “my view”, rest are all “fromhistorical records, or verifiable physical locations / places etc..”

Cheers,

Last edited:
Similarities between Bible & Gita:
http://www.hindu-blog.com/2007/05/similarities-between-bhagavad-gita-and.html
Bhagavad Gita: I am exceedingly dear tothe wise man; he also is dear to me. (Ch. VII. 17)
New Testament, Bible: He that loveth me shall beloved by my father and I will love him. (John XIV. 21)

Bhagavad Gita:
I am the way, supporter, lord, witness, abode, refuge,friend. (Ch. IX. 18)
New Testament, Bible: I am the way the truth andthe life. (John XIV. 6.) I am the first and the last. (Rev. 1. 17)

Bhagavad Gita: I never depart from him, he never departs from me. (Ch.VI. 30)
New Testament, Bible: Hedwelleth in me and I in Him. (John VI. 57)

Bhagavad Gita:
They who worship me with true devotion are in me and I inthem. (Ch. VI. 29)
New Testament, Bible: I inthem, thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one. (John XVII. 23)

Bhagavad Gita: Be assured that he who worships me, perishes not. (Ch.IX. 31)
New Testament, Bible: He thatbelieveth in me shall never perish, but shall have eternal life. (John III. 5)

Bhagavad Gita: I am the beginning and the middle and the end of things.(Ch. X. 20)
New Testament, Bible: I amAlpha, Omega, the beginning and the ending. (Rev. I. 8)

Bhagavad Gita: I will deliver thee from all sin; do not grieve. (Ch.XVIII. 66)
New Testament, Bible: Son, beof good cheer, thy sins be forgiven. (Matt. IX. 2)

Bhagavad Gita:
What sacrifice, almsgiving, or austerity is done withoutfaith is evil. (Ch. XVII. 28)
New Testament, Bible: Whatsoeveris not of faith is sin. (Rom. XIV. 23)

Dear JayKay,

My 2 cents on the topic:

Sri Madhwacharya said, "My god is your god" to a Muslim king.

Sant Kabir Das regarded Sri Rama to be his Allah.

So there have been saints in Hinduism who regarded Islamic gods to be the same as Hindu gods.

Not sure about Christianity though, but I find your facts very interesting!

Regards,

JR - Appreciate your inputs. In short all religions - Shaivism, Vaishnavism, Jainism, Buddhism, Krishna-ism = Christianity, Islam, Roman Mythology, Greek Mythology, Aramaic Texts, Vedic Texts all originate from our Brahmin ancestors !! They all refer to the same civilization, Kings, wars, etc..

Sangom - There is a tamil saying that (you are already probably aware) - there is no god greater than Subramanian !! Yavweh the God of Israel was the supreme God & in the Testament there is a statement saying - there is NO god greater than Yavweh. that's why despite Jesus being a Jew, the Jews do not worship him ...

In the cauvery delta, over 1 lakh+ romain coins were found with many Caesar Kings embalmed on them. In the Thiruvananthapuram temple, where the 25+ Billion $ treasure was found, major stash of gold coins are of King Solomon. King Solomon was the King of Israel...

JR - Appreciate your inputs. In short all religions - Shaivism, Vaishnavism, Jainism, Buddhism, Krishna-ism = Christianity, Islam, Roman Mythology, Greek Mythology, Aramaic Texts, Vedic Texts all originate from our Brahmin ancestors !! They all refer to the same civilization, Kings, wars, etc..

I am interested in knowing, is there any connection between Greek deities and Hindu deities? For example, many equate 'Hades' with some Hindu god, perhaps 'Yama', not sure and that 'Zeus' is Indra... they do say such things..

Like Hinduism, the Greek mythology also has wonderful deity stories to share. I wonder if anyone on this forum knows more about it to the point of equalling Hindu deities with some Greek ones, perhaps...

JR - The Greek Gods = Hindu gods, Greek literature = Vedic Literature = Aramaic Literature.. See, the Alexander Soldiers (Greek, Roman, Egyptian, Persian Jews) who stay back marry the locals & create great kingdoms, & they created an extra-ordinary body of religious texts written in various languages & they took these texts back with them... so in short we TBs are descendants of these Priests who came along with the soldiers !!

JR –

If you read our Sanskrit texts, Greek, Roman, Aramaictexts, & Sangam texts, you will see almost every event will be covered byone or more texts..

In the greek literature, the city of Athens was foundedby a King named Pandion… so the city of Athens was a Pandian City in India.

For eg, the burning of Rome while Nero was fiddling isthe same as Kannagi burning of Madurai & Pandyan King. So Madurai = AncientRome mentioned in the Greek/Roman texts. By the way, Pliny the younger talksabout Madurai while referring to events in ancient Rome.

Cheers,

dear jayashree,

already jaykay has mentioned that krishna is jesus and vice versa. i fear he will go onto say india and greece are the same and that there is no such country as greece existing now, that all that we read about greece is about india. he might even go on to say devaki, like mary, was a virgin and had seen no man when krishna was born, that the elizabeth in the NT is none other than yashodha. i wonder to what extent this fancy imagination would stretch.

:) I too don't believe it to a vast extent. But, they do say things like 'Mary is Mariamma' and so forth.. I wonder if some of the gods really have representations over a wider domain than we really know or imagine.. For instance, sometimes I wonder if there is only 1 yama to judge all people after the death, then he should be not just 'Hindu god' but a 'Universal god' (and so forth for the rest of the gods). So I am simply curious to see what others have to say regarding this 1-on-1 match between Hindu gods and other gods, just to go and read about the other gods and know more about them and to ask myself if there is a similarity. To the utmost, this is just a pastime activity, carried out for fun if not for anything else. I appreciate what you have to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back