• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Vedic Chanting - A perfectly formulated Oral Tradition

• Thread starter sankara_sharmah
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sankara_sharmah

This is an excellent article on Vedic Chanting by Dr. S. Yegnasubramanian. (pdf file enclosed)

This explains the concept and the traditions.

I have seen a link to this article in the thread about Oral Tradition of the Vedas. But that link is no longer working.

Here is a Video on Vedic Chanting.

YouTube - The Tradition of Vedic Chanting

Here only Jada Patha is explained.

If some members can locate Videos expalaining Ganapatha and other Pathas it would be great.

This is not a discussion about Vedic Chanting.

Attachments

• chanting.pdf
    68.2 KB · Views: 205
Namassadhasae.

Ghanapati.com

Persons who are interested in veda sabdhas in ghanam folrmat may visit the above website. For the information of all pls.

அவரவர் இச்சையில் எவை எவை உற்றவை அவை தருவித்தருள் பெருமாளே!

Recently we performed Rudrabhisekam at our village temple where more than dozen purohits recited rudram and abhisekam was performed from the `Ghatams' after rudra japam.

Two Saama Vedha purohits recited `Saamaga Rudram' which was unique in the occasion. It was very pleasant to hear `Saamaga Rudram'.

Can anybody help me in downloading `Saamaga Rudram'

All the best

Namassadhasae.

Ghanapati.com

Persons who are interested in veda sabdhas in ghanam folrmat may visit the above website. For the information of all pls.

அவரவர் இச்சையில் எவை எவை உற்றவை அவை தருவித்தருள் பெருமாளே!

This is a commercial site promoting a person. This is not the place to post this. I request the admin. to delete this link.

Recently we performed Rudrabhisekam at our village temple where more than dozen purohits recited rudram and abhisekam was performed from the `Ghatams' after rudra japam.

Two Saama Vedha purohits recited `Saamaga Rudram' which was unique in the occasion. It was very pleasant to hear `Saamaga Rudram'.

Can anybody help me in downloading `Saamaga Rudram'

All the best

RVR,

There are downloadable versions. But these are huge files. Again you have to rely on bittorrent client. I do not know whether you are familiar with that.

There are commercial CDs available.

Veda Suktam in 2 Cds.

Rendered by Ramani Sasthirigal & party.

The Indian record Mfg. Co. Calcutta.

Rudram/Chamagam is in Volume 2.

You may get them in Giri Trading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back