• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Veda Ghosham (Sri Rudram and Chamakam classes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Sri Rudram" is one of the greatest Vedic Chants which occurs in the centre of the Yajur Veda on Lord Shiva. The one chants this mantra with great devotion and dedication gets all his desires granted......Veda Ghosham is for those who want to learn this great Vedic chant the Sri Rudram and chamakam......
The other name of Sri Rudram is Sata Rudriyam. Its made of the Namaka and Chamaka which means each verse begins with "Namo" (salutations) and each phrase contains "Chame" (and me) respectively.
Interpretation of the word Rudra can be traced to its roots "ru"is to cry/teach, "rud" is to make a person weep and "dra" is the flow. "Rudra" can also be interpreted as the one who dissolves our sorrows in tears and takes it away from us. This hymn is the please Lord Shiva to keep away his fierceful roopam away from us and show us his kind and benevolent swaroopam. Therefore Rudra is the supreme being who teaches the supreme knowledge to all or he whose energy flows in everything like water from our eyes.

Also do you know the SRI RUDRAM was written down as text some 3000 years ago during the vedic age.

Veda Ghosham primarilyis formed to teach the greatest of all vedic chants “ Sri Rudram and Chamkam”. It is oneof the most pleasing to hear set of mantras of the Yajur Veda. Chanting thismantras give immense and immeasurable benefits. At Veda Ghosham we are devoted to give indepth training onchanting these mantras in the right way. Shortly we would also started teaching various sooktam, stotrams, sahasranamams, upanishads and the veda samhitas. Interested people in learning can visit my facebook community called "Vedaghosham" or call me for further details. These vedic classes are free and for children minimum age entry is 12. Otherwise all age groups are welcome to learn

or can call me on 9820711961.

Om Namo Bhagavathe Rudraya !

yes sir. this is the oldest and even before the advent of omkara. hence, there is no "OM" in the entire namakam and chamakam. we have added at a later date this omkara. this means that namakam and chamakam are anaadi stotra of lord of the universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back