• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Varshaabdhigam of Mother, Sister Critical

My mother passed away in Jan 2019 at the age of 94, Varshaabdhigam ceremonies are to be held between the 3rd to 6th Feb 2020.

My eldest sister underwent a major surgery for 4th stage oral cancer some in April 2019, she is now is terminally and critically ill. Doctors have given up hope and according to them the days are numbered. We are in a catchy situation and are not too sure if she will manage to survive over the new few weeks. Would like to know how many days theetu will apply... Some say 1.5 days and others say 3 days. Our family Priest says we need to perform the Varshaabdhigam as long as the Theetu Period doesnot come in the way.

God forbid my sister passes away closer to date of my mother's ceremony, how do we handle it??? We cannot afford to make all arrangements in advance only to drop/postpone it in the last minute given the current economic situation. Both my mother and sister are equally important. Practically, we cannot be at 2 places at the same time.

Would appreciate if you could please enlighten us on how we are supposed to handle this.

Latest ads

Back