• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Varanasi: Vegetable prices soar

prasad1

The consumers are feeling the heat of soaring vegetable prices in Varanasi today.

Onions cost Rs 70-80 per kg, spinach Rs 70 per kg, radish Rs 60 per kg, tomatoes Rs 50 per kg, while cauliflowers were at Rs 40 per kg.

"Vegetables are very expensive and my budget has taken a hit as onions, ginger, and garlic are on fire," BN Mishra.

"I have never experienced such high vegetable prices in my life. It is becoming very difficult for the middle classes", lamented Brajesh Singh.

People have now started cutting down on their vegetable consumption, especially onions, ginger, garlic, spinach, and tomatoes. Anuj Kumar Shankar, a vendor, blamed black marketing for the soaring prices of vegetables and said, "We too are hit by increasing prices as customers are not buying vegetables". (ANI)

Read more at: https://www.sify.com/news/varanasi--vegetable-prices-soar-news-national-tlipGeaehibgj.html

Latest ads

Back