• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Valmiki Ramayanam translated in to english

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ramachander

My dear Friends,
When my friend Sri Lakshmanan of the Celextel Spiritual stores Madras requested me to translate” Valmiki Ramayanam” in to English, I took it is an order from God to me. Ofcourse the tough work that has be put in and my age bothered me a lot. Then I thought that God knows more about than me . I started the job of translation on 22[SUP]nd[/SUP] May 2013. As on today I have completed the English prose translation of Bala Kandam of the great epic. You can read my translation in
1.Bala Kandam (1-26 sargams)
Valmiki Ramayanam in english: Bala Kanda 1-26
2.Bala Kandam (27-49)
Valmiki Ramayanam in english: Bala Kanda 27-49
3.Bala kandam (50-77)
http://englishvalmikiramayanam.blogspot.in/2013/06/bala-kanda-sarga-50-77_24.htm
This is the first time that I am reading Valmiki Ramayanam in Sanskrit. The reading of Bala Kanda gave very many surprises. I am mentioning some of them:-
1.Dasaratha did not intend to do Puthra Kameshti Yaga but did Aswa Medha Yagna for getting a son. Rishyasringa , who conducted the Yaga, later continued and did Puthra Kameshti, which he says occurs in Atharvana Veda.
2. Ganga was the elder sister of Parvathi.
4.Parvathi cursed that the world will become irregular and will not have the same master(several kings).
5.Skanda got the name because he slided down from the womb of Ganga and he got six heads because he wanted to suckle the six Kathika maidens at the same time. He got the name Saravana as he was left in a forest of stick like plants.
6.Ahalya willingly entered in to relation with Indra , in spite of knowing it is him and not her husband. She was not cursed to become a stone but was made invisible and do penance without food or sleep and got Moksha, when she saw Rama entered her hermitage .Indra , by the curse lost his testicles and the Pithrudevathas cut the testicles of Rama and attached it to him.
7.Lakshmana’s wife Urmila was the daughter of Janaka
8.None of the women folk of both families seem to have attended , the wedding ceremony of Rama with Sita.
Not being a scholar all these surprised me a lot. Bala Kanda has large number of interesting stories told by Viswamithra to Rama .
I need your best wishes for doing the translations of other sections of Ramayana, Ramachander

Dear Sri Ramachander,

You have always been doing wonderful job.
May the blessings of Sri Rama be with you to continue and complete this work.
With Respects and Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

My dear Friends,
When my friend Sri Lakshmanan of the Celextel Spiritual stores Madras requested me to translate” Valmiki Ramayanam” in to English, I took it is an order from God to me. Ofcourse the tough work that has be put in and my age bothered me a lot. Then I thought that God knows more about than me . I started the job of translation on 22[SUP]nd[/SUP] May 2013. As on today I have completed the English prose translation of Bala Kandam of the great epic. You can read my translation in
2.Bala Kandam (27-49)
3.Bala kandam (50-77)
http://englishvalmikiramayanam.blogspot.in/2013/06/bala-kanda-sarga-50-77_24.htm
This is the first time that I am reading Valmiki Ramayanam in Sanskrit. The reading of Bala Kanda gave very many surprises. I am mentioning some of them:-
1.Dasaratha did not intend to do Puthra Kameshti Yaga but did Aswa Medha Yagna for getting a son. Rishyasringa , who conducted the Yaga, later continued and did Puthra Kameshti, which he says occurs in Atharvana Veda.
4.Parvathi cursed that the world will become irregular and will not have the same master(several kings).
5.Skanda got the name because he slided down from the womb of Ganga and he got six heads because he wanted to suckle the six Kathika maidens at the same time. He got the name Saravana as he was left in a forest of stick like plants.
6.Ahalya willingly entered in to relation with Indra , in spite of knowing it is him and not her husband. She was not cursed to become a stone but was made invisible and do penance without food or sleep and got Moksha, when she saw Rama entered her hermitage .Indra , by the curse lost his testicles and the Pithrudevathas cut the testicles of Rama and attached it to him.
8.None of the women folk of both families seem to have attended , the wedding ceremony of Rama with Sita.
Not being a scholar all these surprised me a lot. Bala Kanda has large number of interesting stories told by Viswamithra to Rama .
I need your best wishes for doing the translations of other sections of Ramayana, Ramachander

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for sharing all details with all of us forum members.

May Valmiki himself be impressed by you.

Ramachander Sir

You contributions to the spiritual world is immense and I pray god to show his blessing always on you. I pray that your translation of Ramayana will come well.

As a Squirrel's help to Srirama, I can do some for this great work.I don't know Sanskrit but can help in other works. Please let me know.

Jai bolo Ramachandra Prabhu ki - Jai

Regards
Srimadhan

Not being a scholar all these surprised me a lot. Bala Kanda has large number of interesting stories told by Viswamithra to Rama . I need your best wishes for doing the translations of other sections of Ramayana, Ramachander
Very nice. Hope to see your postings on the other kandams. Ayodhya Kanda has many surprises too - Guha is a Nishada king who arranged 500 boats to fight Bharata Army, the big army crossed the ganges, BharadWaaja Rishi giving a banquet to the army, Rama and Bharata's conversation on returning to the throne (while Bharata sitting on Rama's Lap) - how lucky!. etc. If you can highlight the places Rama travelled, it would be wonderful. Possibly the shores of gange from/to Kedarnath

Sri Ramachender Sir,

I have greatly benefited from your earlier translations.
Valmiki Ramayana contains one translation of VR with a word by word meaning of Sanskrit words.
This website has audio recitation of slokas (through firefox plugin). If you can (or that website) can include your translations, then we will have two interpretations in one site (like திருக்குறள் contains three interpretations)

Thanks again for all the excellent work you do,

Moorthy

There were two major typographical errors in my previous submission. I am extremely sorry for them.With apologies I am resubmitting the material.
My dear Friends,
2.Bala Kandam (27-49)
3.Bala kandam (50-77)
4.Parvathi cursed that the bhoodevi will become irregular and will not have the same master(several kings).
6.Ahalya willingly entered in to relation with Indra , in spite of knowing it is him and not her husband. She was not cursed to become a stone but was made invisible and do penance without food or sleep and got Moksha, when she saw Rama entered her hermitage .Indra , by the curse lost his testicles and the Pithrudevathas cut the testicles of a Ram and attached it to him.

Sri Ramachander. Please make the following change

Pithrudevathas cut the testicles of Rama , It should be 'a ram' and not Rama. Pl change it immediately
regards and best wishes for your efforts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back