• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Valaikappu/Seemantham

Status
Not open for further replies.
It varies as per family system. Generally Mama's Seer consists of "Betel Leaves for Rs. 10, 50 grams Areca nut (Surul Pakku), 2 Dozen Plantain Fruits , 50 or 100 grams Turmeric , Saree and Blouse Bit and one Dozen Glass Bangles for the Girl, 9x5 Veshti and Angavastram for the Boy along with min. Rs 101 ".

R.Ramaswami

வளை காப்பு சீமந்தத்திற்கு மாமா சீர் எதுவும் கிடையாது. kindly see in the sticky thread pumsavanam and seemantham details are there in 4 pages.. குழந்தைக்கு காது குத்தும் போது மாமா மடியில் குழந்தையை வைத்துகொண்டு காது குத்தும் வழக்கம் உன்டு.

Reply - Thanks

kgopalan;

வளை காப்பு சீமந்தத்திற்கு மாமா சீர் எதுவும் கிடையாது. kindly see in the sticky thread pumsavanam and seemantham details are there in 4 pages.. குழந்தைக்கு காது குத்தும் போது மாமா மடியில் குழந்தையை வைத்துகொண்டு காது குத்தும் வழக்கம் உன்டு.

Dear K Gopalan Sir,

Namaskaram.. I really thank you sir, for clarifiying my doubts.

Shekar Balasubramanian.

Thanks giving

R.Ramaswami : It varies as per family system. Generally Mama's Seer consists of "Betel Leaves for Rs. 10, 50 grams Areca nut (Surul Pakku), 2 Dozen Plantain Fruits , 50 or 100 grams Turmeric , Saree and Blouse Bit and one Dozen Glass Bangles for the Girl, 9x5 Veshti and Angavastram for the Boy along with min. Rs 101 ".

R.Ramaswami

Namaskaram Ramaswami,

Firstly I would like to thank you for the very good suggestion given to me. I thought of giving Silver cup with spoon (velli kinnam with spoon). Now this idea is also very good, later after the child birth I can give Silver cup with spoon (velli kinnam with spoon) to the child.

Thank you once again

shekar balasubramanian

no seer tradition for valaikappu or seemanham as mama seer. You can present whatever you like depends upon your wish.
once the daughter get married then mama seer come to final at kalyanam itself as unjal seer after that the seer items will take
care of her parents only her family itself. her parents should offer bangles for valaikappu with thanga valayal and silver valayal as per
their convenience also valayal for other ladies participating the valaikappu function irrespective of age from girl child to elders sumangalis only.

for seemantham they should offer 9/6 yards silk/patu/fancy saree as per their famly customs and 9x5 vesti or venpattu depends upon their convienice
with mangala thravyangal like manjal,kumkumam vetrilai pakku pushpam with dhaskinai.

no special seer from mama side/

Rajappa Namakkal

hi

may be good dress for couples and silver kinnam with spoon for the baby.....more over blessing/affection are important than material

seer.....seer ONLY FOR SADAS.....ASIRVATHAM IS MORE IMPORTANT....

Thank You- Rajappa Namakkal

Dear Rajappa, Namakkal

Namaskaram, Thank you very much for detailed explanation which I was not aware.

Thank you
Shekar Balasubramanian

Rajappa nkl;
no seer tradition for valaikappu or seemanham as mama seer. You can present whatever you like depends upon your wish.
once the daughter get married then mama seer come to final at kalyanam itself as unjal seer after that the seer items will take
care of her parents only her family itself. her parents should offer bangles for valaikappu with thanga valayal and silver valayal as per
their convenience also valayal for other ladies participating the valaikappu function irrespective of age from girl child to elders sumangalis only.

for seemantham they should offer 9/6 yards silk/patu/fancy saree as per their famly customs and 9x5 vesti or venpattu depends upon their convienice
with mangala thravyangal like manjal,kumkumam vetrilai pakku pushpam with dhaskinai.

no special seer from mama side/

Rajappa Namakkal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back