• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Upset over bad rasam, groom calls off wedding

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess the bridegrooms should not behave like this any more with shortages of brides..He may have to be a bachelor life long!

Feb 1, 2016

TUMAKURU: A marriage called off over badly cooked rasam eventually ended in a happy union.

No, this isn't some movie script. These were scenes played out during a marriage ceremony at the Kollapuradamma hall, Kunigal, Tumakuru district.

On Sunday , 300-odd guests were in for a rude shock after a 27-year-old bridegroom from Bengaluru refused to tie the knot.Reason: His family was upset about the quality of food served at the reception held on the eve of the wedding.

But, in a happy twist of fate, a distant relative of the bride who had come to attend the wedding volunteered to marry the dejected girl.

According to those present at the wedding, the groom's parents picked up a quarrel with the girl's family over the poor quality of rasam and sambar served at the reception on Saturday . The groom who was busy with the rituals stood up in his parents' defence, and soon the family left the venue in a huff.

Flummoxed, the girl's family failed to understand what led the boy to leave the wedding midway , especially because the alliance had happened with the duo's consent. "We were let down in front of our guests. The groom could have informed us earlier if he wasn't happy with this alliance. Luckily , god came to our rescue," said one of the girl's family members on condition of anonymity.

http://linkis.com/indiatimes.com/78wpB

Even in today's matrimonial market, when girls are much less in number, such issues arise to the surprise of many. Spat over quality of food needs better handling. Possibly the groom's family used this trivial matter to create a scene with some ulterior motive. Kudos to the boy, who extended the helping hand to redeem the pride of the girl and her family. The untold mental agony the girl and her parents underwent can be visualised only by experienced persons. This incident would have left a deep scar in the mind of the girl. God bless the newly married couple.

For a lifetime her husband would get good rasam now that the girl knows the consequences of bad rasam served to men.

Pibare very good mulagu rasam , be happy with a contented husband

I guess the bridegrooms should not behave like this any more with shortages of brides..He may have to be a bachelor life long!

Feb 1, 2016

TUMAKURU: A marriage called off over badly cooked rasam eventually ended in a happy union.

No, this isn't some movie script. These were scenes played out during a marriage ceremony at the Kollapuradamma hall, Kunigal, Tumakuru district.

On Sunday , 300-odd guests were in for a rude shock after a 27-year-old bridegroom from Bengaluru refused to tie the knot.Reason: His family was upset about the quality of food served at the reception held on the eve of the wedding.

But, in a happy twist of fate, a distant relative of the bride who had come to attend the wedding volunteered to marry the dejected girl.

According to those present at the wedding, the groom's parents picked up a quarrel with the girl's family over the poor quality of rasam and sambar served at the reception on Saturday . The groom who was busy with the rituals stood up in his parents' defence, and soon the family left the venue in a huff.

Flummoxed, the girl's family failed to understand what led the boy to leave the wedding midway , especially because the alliance had happened with the duo's consent. "We were let down in front of our guests. The groom could have informed us earlier if he wasn't happy with this alliance. Luckily , god came to our rescue," said one of the girl's family members on condition of anonymity.

http://linkis.com/indiatimes.com/78wpB
A tamil wedding and groom eats before wedding? What has become of our tradition of starving till the knot is tied?
Serves them right for breaking the tradition.:hungry:

A tamil wedding and groom eats before wedding? What has become of our tradition of starving till the knot is tied?

hi

if they eat before knot....they may feel sleepy....then the whole program will be waste...

Thinnip pandArams (as we accuse the foodies) are very difficult to manage. I have one mAmA in the extended family who will

compare every lady's cooking with that of his wife and say that it is not at all tasty! Every lady gets sick of his comments and

develops an indirect hatred towards his wife! :lol:

Listen to this song. And then replace Ramarasam with milagurasam and other appropriate words. If you get something palatable please serve it here. ........
Thanks for posting the lovely song, Vaagmi Sir!

Thanks again for giving a me a topic! :)

இதோ ஒரு தமிழ்ப் பாடல் - மிளகு ரசத்திற்காக!

ருசிப்பீர் மிளகு ரசம் - ருசித்தால்
பசியுடன் பிணி தீரும்
(ருசிப்பீர் மிளகு ரசம்​​​​)

ஜனங்களின் பய
மும் சோகமும் தீரும்
சகல நோய்களும் விலகி ஓடும்

சுத்தமில்லா உணவால்
ருமே ரோகம்
சுகமும் திரும்பிட மிளகே போதும்

:hungry:

The sappadu is of janavasa /reception which is conducted 1 day prior to actual marriage!

பசியுடன் பிணி தீரும்

ஜனங்களின் பய
மும் சோகமும் தீரும்

சுத்தமில்லா உணவால்
ருமே ரோகம்

Dear RRji,

That was a good attempt. I like it. The syntax is such that it can be rendered in the same rAga too. Good. I could imagine BM Krishna singing your sAhityam in his unique enchanting barritone sAriram. LOL.

Dear RRji,

That was a good attempt. I like it. The syntax is such that it can be rendered in the same rAga too. Good. I could imagine BM Krishna singing your sAhityam in his unique enchanting barritone sAriram. LOL.

Sanjay Subramanian would do a far better job in converting it to a kriti...RR can choose her singers!

Though I don't know who, I thank that friend who has given me a
icon14.png
for the song on 'miLagu rasam'. :D

Dear RRji,

Dear Vaagmi Sir,

Thank you very much!

I too imagined Sri Balamurali singing that new song, while typing it out!! :)

Oh, My!! That miLgu rasam has given me so much of joy today! :dance:

Thank you Ganesh and Krish Sir for your comments.

I shall sing the song to Ram's manni, who is a good singer, when I meet her tomorrow! :)

பசியுடன் பிணி தீரும்

ஜனங்களின் பய
மும் சோகமும் தீரும்

சுத்தமில்லா உணவால்
ருமே ரோகம்

Here goes my 2 lines on the Milagu effect!

தலை வலி, பித்தம், சளி தொலைய மிளகு!
உணவில் சேர்ப்பின் அதன் சுவையோ தனி அழகு!

All about milagu rasam are in good taste!!
But on the pretext of bad Rasam, a marriage was called off, is very much distasteful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back