• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

unnecessary confrontation and provocation - why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasad1

The Hindu Mahasabha has fired its latest salvo at Bollywood’s top Khans.

The Hindutva outfit, in an editorial in its weekly publication Hindu Sabha Varta, has challenged Shahrukh Khan, Amir Khan and Saif Ali Khan to convert to Hinduism if they “really love their wives”. Shahrukh Khan is married to Gauri Khan, Amir Khan to Kiran Rao and Saif Ali Khan to Kareena Kapoor. Besides the three actors, the editorial targets Fardeen Khan and Imran Hashmi for marrying Hindus. When contacted Munna Kumar Singh, the editor and publisher of the weekly, said: “It is our challenge to these Khans of Bollywood if they actually love their wives then they should also try to convert to Hinduism and adopt their religion and culture.”

Asked why one needed to look at the world, let alone Bollywood, through the prism of religious identity, Mr. Singh said that there existed a conspiracy against Hindus and the Hindu country. He described Sharmila Tagore, Kareena Kapoor, Gauri, Kiran Rao, Rina Dutt and Gauri Chhibbar as victims” of “love jihad”. The outfit also supported the VHP move of using a morphed image of Kareena Kapoor in a burqa to “alert” Hindu women.

Hindu Mahasabha to Khans: convert if you love your wives - The Hindu

How about asking Hemamalini and Dharmedra to convert back to Hinduism?
This kind of inflaming the religious fervors from bigots will be the downfall of Modiji's pragmatic programs.

The film stars converted only to get married. Their conversion is a drama. They neither follow nor profess the relgion they embraced. Practically they observe their parental religion. in most cases they are not religious at all. money is their religion.

What??

SRK allows his children to worship both Himdu and Islamic ways.

I have seen a video of his home Diwali celebration where he asks his daughter to recite the Gayatri mantra facing a well decorated Hindu altar.

SRK and Gauri had a typical Bollywood love story and it took a lot of difficulty for them to get married..he also married the Hindu way and NO one converted.

I think some Hindus need to understand that not every love story is a Love Jihad.

What about Hindu men marrying Muslim woman and no one converts and the Muslim woman follows Hinduism? My great grand father way back then in India married a Muslim woman and she lead a Hindu life and even turned vegetarian and become a Ram Bhakta..is that Jihad too?

There is one Christian friend who got married to a tambram lady. Each of them follow their own religion and the children go to

Hindu temples on Fridays and to the church on Sundays. Recently a tambram boy married a girl whose parents are Muslim and

tambram! He did not convert because even the girl's mother follows brahmin culture at home and father goes to the mosque!

But such couple are rare. :)

......... My great grand father way back then in India married a Muslim woman and she lead a Hindu life and even turned vegetarian and become a Ram Bhakta..is that Jihad too?
Dear Renu,

Kabir Das was brought up by Muslim couple and later on became a Rama bhakta. :)

Due to century long cold war between Hindus and Muslims, Hindus in North India seem to be very serious about their Religion; whereas it is not so in the case of South Indian Hindus, more particularly Tamil Hindus.

Even if a Hindu boy marries a Christian or Muslim girl (which is very rare), invariably the boys converts to the religion of the bride or becomes neutral. This is the situation in Tamil Nadu.

Recently, we have come across spat of conversions to Islam in Tamil film world.

May be the Khans' wives love their respective husbands so much that they don't need any conversion!

Why this 'kola veRi'? :noidea:

....... Even if a Hindu boy marries a Christian or Muslim girl (which is very rare), invariably the boys converts to the religion of the bride or becomes neutral. .........
Not always!

The tambram boy I have mentioned in my earlier post is allowed to do sandhyavandhanam every day, by his Muslim in-laws! :cool:

One question constantly crop up..Are these guys happy....By the time they realize their folly it gets too late..What we will have is 2 new castes -IC caste and IR caste!

Not always!

The tambram boy I have mentioned in my earlier post is allowed to do sandhyavandhanam every day, by his Muslim in-laws! :cool:

Why does the boy require the permission of his In-Laws. Your reply suggests that the boy practices both religions.

Muslims who opt out of islam are apostates and ought to be killed if not now but when they have the upper hand. This is what muslim law says. An egyptian islamic cleric has said that it is necessary to keep this rule to prevent conversion from islam. Hyderabad owasi is more specific. He says - all are born muslim, who do not adopt muslim way of life are apostates.

The Gentle Cure for Intolerance: Koenraad Elst.

A few foreign delegates walked out during the presentation.

(The following paper was summarized during the India Foundation’s India Ideas Conclave in Goa, 19-21 Dec. 2014. When it started, I felt that the topic was too heady for the audience, or at least for the intent of the organizers, so I quickly wrote a second speech comparing the Narendra Modi Government’s performance with the Hindu agenda, a logical topic for this conclave yet conspicuously missing. But the chairman of my session insisted that I speak about Islam, as this would match the other papers well. With this, he can hardly complain.)

"While in Europe, many people have left religion altogether, it will be said that Indians are a religious nation, and that the only alternative to Islam is another religion. Indeed, even in Europe, many ex-Christians dabble in various alternative religions, including elements of Hindu-Buddhism. Well, in the case of India, you already have every possible alternative in place. For Indian Muslims, the alternative religion is all around them. For most people, the Ghar-wâpasî (“homecoming”), the return to their ancestral religion, will do. Moreover, it allows for the introduction of positive ideas and attitudes: far more than a critique of negatives, these will convince Muslims that there is a better world outside Islam.

Why think about Khans ? What is happening in Trichy

Trichy ex-deputy mayor agrees to marry woman he 'raped', cheated

TOI 2015-01-22 06:31:00

Durgeswari, who was also present in the court, expressed her willingness to convert to Islam and marry Meera on the condition that he would marry her publicly and also register the marriage at the local Jamath.

clik on Trichy ex to get more information

This is Love Jihad and is able to get Bail from Madurai Bench of Madras High Court!!

You understood it wrong! The in-laws did NOT convert him to give their daughter in marriage to him.

What is the meaning of your following statement:

" is allowed to do sandhyavandhanam every day, by his Muslim in-laws"

If the boy is still a B, why should he be allowed for a daily B ritual? Does he stay in his in-laws' house? If the B is very stubborn, by this time his spouse would have been a pucca B lady and there is no need for a permission.

Dear Chandru Sir,

Some Muslims agree to take a tambram son in law ONLY if he converts to Islam. But these people are not like that. They agreed

for the marriage and just registered it, without any ceremonies. (Lot of money saved!!) The couple live abroad. The orthodox

tambram parents and their first circle of relatives did not attend the registration.

And now........ let us leave that couple at peace, OK? :)

The locality where we stay in Gurgaon we have an IR couple (TB -Keralite Christian)...They are MBA's from top notch college..Recently the parents of the girl were at the girl's place during Diwali...I saw the entire family including the groom visting the nearby temple..The boy was dressed in a silk veshti..It was a sight to watch and he was sporting a kumkum...I do not know if it is a show off..But definitely rigid attitudes are melting at least for the highly educated..There is a flexibility displayed..

Dear Chandru Sir,

Some Muslims agree to take a tambram son in law ONLY if he converts to Islam. But these people are not like that. They agreed

for the marriage and just registered it, without any ceremonies. (Lot of money saved!!) The couple live abroad. The orthodox

tambram parents and their first circle of relatives did not attend the registration.

And now........ let us leave that couple at peace, OK? :)

Madam,

First, the couple are not going to read our posts.

Any way, my statement No.6 is still very much valid. The marriage was not performed either as per B custom or general Hindu custom. It was a registered marriage. It clearly shows the boy was unable to convert the bride as a Hindu B. This is the problem with Hindus. If a Hindu boy or girl, irrespective of caste, marries a Christian or Muslim boy or girl, there is no serious attempt to covert the boy or girl to Hindu fold.

In the present case, wait and see, after some time, the boy slowly leans towards his wife's side.

However, North Indians are quite serious about their religion.

The locality where we stay in Gurgaon we have an IR couple (TB -Keralite Christian)...They are MBA's from top notch college..Recently the parents of the girl were at the girl's place during Diwali...I saw the entire family including the groom visting the nearby temple..The boy was dressed in a silk veshti..It was a sight to watch and he was sporting a kumkum...I do not know if it is a show off..But definitely rigid attitudes are melting at least for the highly educated..There is a flexibility displayed..

We can see such scenes in Tamil Nadu also. But what about the next generation. In most of the cases, the children will go the Abrahamic way.

I have come across several instances where a B girl talks about independence, self respect etc. and marries either Christian or Muslim boy, the situation changes totally and the girl starts following the adopted religion seriously.

This Muslim couple Sheikh Mehaboob Subhani and Kaleeshabi Mahaboob [FONT=arial, sans-serif] [/FONT]make a fantastic pair of Nadhaswaram players.

They wear viboothi and kumkum like Hindus.

14FRTIRTHA2_1786935g.jpg

Here is a sample of their lovely music:
Nadhaswaram

This Muslim couple Sheikh Mehaboob Subhani and Kaleeshabi Mahaboob make a fantastic pair of Nadhaswaram players.

They wear viboothi and kumkum like Hindus.

14FRTIRTHA2_1786935g.jpg

Here is a sample of their lovely music:
Nadhaswaram

I think, they belong to Sheikh Chinna Moula clan. Exception can be found everywhere and for everything.

Wiki says Sheik Mahaboob Subhani is a disciple of Sheik Chinna Moulana Sahib.

''Sheik Mahaboob Subhani was born in Prakasam district in Andhra Pradesh His father Kothapalli Sheikh Meera Sahib, and his

maternal grandfather, Nadhabrahma Nadaswara Ganakala Prapoorna Janab Sheikh Chinna Peer Sahib, were also nagaswaram artists.

He received training at Sarada Sangeetha Kalasala, Kurnool and later under legendary instrumentalist, Sheikh Chinna Moulana Sahib.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back