• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Top 10 Hindu mythological stories and their teachings

Hindu mythology is rich with fascinating stories that not only entertain but also impart valuable life lessons. In this video, we'll explore ten such stories and their teachings.

Ramayana: The epic tale of Lord Rama's journey and his triumph of good over evil. Teaches the value of sacrifice, compassion, and righteousness.

Mahabharata: The epic tale of the battle between the Pandavas and Kauravas. Teaches the importance of fulfilling one's duties and responsibilities.

Bhagavad Gita: Lord Krishna's teachings to Arjuna on duty, dharma, and karma. Teaches the importance of living a life of purpose and duty.

Vishnu Purana: The story of Lord Vishnu and his ten incarnations. Teaches the importance of devotion and surrender to the divine.

Devi Mahatmya: The story of the goddess Durga and her battle against evil. Teaches the power of female divinity and the importance of fighting for justice.

Markandeya Purana: The story of sage Markandeya and his devotion to Lord Shiva. Teaches the importance of faith and devotion to overcome adversity.

Matsya Purana: The story of the fish avatar of Lord Vishnu. Teaches the importance of preserving and protecting the environment.

Narasimha Purana: The story of Lord Vishnu's incarnation as the half-man, half-lion Narasimha. Teaches the importance of maintaining balance and control.

Kaliyuga Mahatmya: The story of Kaliyuga and its challenges. Teaches the importance of practicing righteousness and staying true to one's values.

Upanishads: Teachings on the nature of the self and the universe. Teaches the importance of spiritual inquiry and self-realization.

I wish we get out of the habit of referring to our Puranic episodes as " Mythology " - they are NOT myths - Raamayaanam and Mahaabhaaratam have been proven to have happened, albeit millennia ago; the name of " Hindu Mythology ' was coined by the Britishers ( who could not believe nor understand that anything other than what the Bible said could have happened at all in any part of the world ) and continued down the line ; its my humble request that they be referred to as our " puranas".
Just like not saying RIP when we give our condolences.

I wish we get out of the habit of referring to our Puranic episodes as " Mythology " - they are NOT myths - Raamayaanam and Mahaabhaaratam have been proven to have happened, albeit millennia ago; the name of " Hindu Mythology ' was coined by the Britishers ( who could not believe nor understand that anything other than what the Bible said could have happened at all in any part of the world ) and continued down the line ; its my humble request that they be referred to as our " puranas".
Just like not saying RIP when we give our condolences.
Bravo - you mirror my sentiments. Thank you and well said. God Bless you and yours. Vande Mataram

Latest ads

Back