• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Thoughts for Share-Novak Djokovic and the Buddhist temple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts for Share-Novak Djokovic and the Buddhist temple

Shortly after stepping off Wimbledon’s Centre Court on Friday, where he recorded yet another comfortable straight-sets victory, Novak Djokovic was asked what goes through his mind when he plays. His reply was telling.

“I try to put myself only in the present moment, not fight against the thoughts and the pressure and the excitement, but just acknowledge them and be aware of present thoughts but also try to keep my composure and calm,” the defending champion said. “I try to just be in the moment and enjoy.”

Djokovic is often regarded as one of the sport’s strongest players when it comes to mental toughness. It is a technique he has refined through meditation and, when he is at Wimbledon, he uses a nearby Buddhist temple as his refuge.

The Buddhapadipa Temple is on a leafy suburban street only a five-minute walk from the All England Club. Djokovic, who has been using the four-acre site for quiet contemplation for several years, is its most famous visitor.

I think meditation helps him to develop concentration: to keep focused, especially when playing tennis,” he says of Djokovic. “Just focusing on the now: that’s the benefit of meditation.”

Please read more

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...s-him-maintain-his-winning-ways-10366257.html

Picture source: keralites net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back