• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Thiruvalluvar - is he the son of vararuch and the paraya lady brought up as brahmin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friends,

Valluvar is a caste in HINDU COMMUNITY in Tamil Nadu of India who preach and teach Astrology, Astronomy,who are Writers, Dancers, Poets, Priests, farmers etc. and they are said to be the descendants of SHAMBHUVARAYA Dynasty. The Great Poet THIRUVALLUVAR was not born in that caste but was brought up from infancy by VALLUVARS. Hence he is treated as VALLUVAR. “THIRU” is a respectful word like “SRI” in Sanskrit. His father was VARARUCHI and his mother was born in PARAYA CASTE but brought up from infancy by a BRAHMIN PUNDIT, married to VARARUCHI who initially thought her as a pure Brahmin. This is given in AITHIHYAMALA written in MALAYALAM language by the Famous author KOTTARATHTHIL SHANKUNNI. In most houses of Kerala one can find this book which I also possess one copy. In this book, it is written that When VARARUCHI came to know that she was a PARAYA girl but was only brought up by a Brahmin from infancy, whenever a child was born to her to throw the child if it had a mouth, immediately and then to go with him. As a chaste lady, she obeyed him. But as a mother she wanted to have a child and when she gave birth to her last child When VARARUCHI asked her whether the child was having a mouth, she told in negative. VARARUCHI told her to take the child and keep it with her. After a lapse of few minutes when she saw the child, it had no mouth. With this child she gave birth to Twelve children. Shri SHANKUNNI has given the names thus :-

“மேஷத்தோளக்னிஹோத்ரீ 1. ரஜகனு-2 ளியநூர் –
த்தச்சனும் 3. பின்னெ வள்ளோன் 4.
வாயில்லாகுந்நிலப்பன் 5 வடுதலமருவும் நாயர் 6
காரைக்கல் மாதா 7 செம்மே கேளுப்புகூற்றன் 8
பெரியதிருவ்ரங்கத்தெழும் பாணநாரும் 9.
நேரே நாராயணப்ராந்தனும் 10 உடன்
அகவூர்சாத்தனும் 11 பாகானாரும் 12

Thus all the twelve children were brought up by different caste people. Here the name VALLON might be THRUVALLUVAR. I leave it to be guessed by readers.(Note : The Names are not given in order of their birth)

Regards and Namaskarams,
P.R.RADHAKRISHNAN

Aithika Mala is a book written in 13th century which claims ever so many things which are far from true. It is pure mythology. Not history.

Last edited:
Friends,

Valluvar is a caste in HINDU COMMUNITY in Tamil Nadu of India who preach and teach Astrology, Astronomy,who are Writers, Dancers, Poets, Priests, farmers etc. and they are said to be the descendants of SHAMBHUVARAYA Dynasty. The Great Poet THIRUVALLUVAR was not born in that caste but was brought up from infancy by VALLUVARS. Hence he is treated as VALLUVAR. “THIRU” is a respectful word like “SRI” in Sanskrit. His father was VARARUCHI and his mother was born in PARAYA CASTE but brought up from infancy by a BRAHMIN PUNDIT, married to VARARUCHI who initially thought her as a pure Brahmin. This is given in AITHIHYAMALA written in MALAYALAM language by the Famous author KOTTARATHTHIL SHANKUNNI. In most houses of Kerala one can find this book which I also possess one copy. In this book, it is written that When VARARUCHI came to know that she was a PARAYA girl but was only brought up by a Brahmin from infancy, whenever a child was born to her to throw the child if it had a mouth, immediately and then to go with him. As a chaste lady, she obeyed him. But as a mother she wanted to have a child and when she gave birth to her last child When VARARUCHI asked her whether the child was having a mouth, she told in negative. VARARUCHI told her to take the child and keep it with her. After a lapse of few minutes when she saw the child, it had no mouth. With this child she gave birth to Twelve children. Shri SHANKUNNI has given the names thus :-

“மேஷத்தோளக்னிஹோத்ரீ 1. ரஜகனு-2 ளியநூர் –
த்தச்சனும் 3. பின்னெ வள்ளோன் 4.
வாயில்லாகுந்நிலப்பன் 5 வடுதலமருவும் நாயர் 6
காரைக்கல் மாதா 7 செம்மே கேளுப்புகூற்றன் 8
பெரியதிருவ்ரங்கத்தெழும் பாணநாரும் 9.
நேரே நாராயணப்ராந்தனும் 10 உடன்
அகவூர்சாத்தனும் 11 பாகானாரும் 12

Thus all the twelve children were brought up by different caste people. Here the name VALLON might be THRUVALLUVAR. I leave it to be guessed by readers.(Note : The Names are not given in order of their birth)

Regards and Namaskarams,
P.R.RADHAKRISHNAN

Shri Radhakrishnan,

I give below the sloka after corrections, to the best of my knowledge:

மேழத்தோள் அக்னிஹோத்ரீ, ரஜகன், உளியனூர் தச்சனும் பின்னெ வள்ளோன்
வாயில்லாக்குன்னிலப்பன் வடுதலமருவும் நாயர், காரைக்கால் மாதா
செம்மேகேள் உப்புகூற்றன், திருவரங்கத்தெழும் பாணனாரும்
நேரே நாராயணப்ராந்தனுமுடன் அகவூர் சாத்தனும் பாக்கனாரும்

I consider this as just "aithihyam" or simple hearsay without any historical facts behind it. வள்ளோன் could very well be Thiruvalluvar or may be he is different just as we have more than one vararuchi in Indian history (Please see: Vararuchi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). Most probably the legend of the பறயி பெற்ற பந்திருகுலம் (lit. the twelve tribes originating from a pariah woman) is an attempt by the original tribal inhabitants of the Chera country to reminisce their ideal past and the role of brahmins in creating various castes, just as we have the legend of mAvEli here in Kerala.

Friends.

ll ऐतिह्यमाल = इति मया श्रुतम् ll which contains many half truths and half lies. I have never written it is full truth. I never wrote that this is a fact. If one is inclined to believe it you may believe. But truth is that this is written in AITHIHYA MAALA by KOTTARATHTHIL SHANKUNNI. I have written " VALLAVAR IS A CASTE.........IN SANSKRIT" if there is any dispute in this kindly let me know.

I thank both of you i.e. Mr Nachinarkinian and Sangam who has given a corrected version in Tamil in which language I am not proficient.
However I give the following which I saw in the web :-

" Vararuci (Kerala, fourth century CE)
This Vararuchi is the father figure in the astronomical tradition of Kerala. He is also the father figure in the legend of the twelve clans born of the Pariah woman. The eldest son of this Vararuci, the establisher of the first of the twelve clans, was one Mezhattol Agnihotri and he is supposed to have lived between 343 and 378 CE. Based on this, Vararuci is supposed to have lived in the first half of the 4th century CE. The manuscript tradition of Kerala ascribes to Vararuci the authorship of Chandravākyās (moon sentences)[SUP][10][/SUP][SUP][11][/SUP] which is a set of 248 numbers for calculating the position of the sun and moon. This work is also known by the name Vararuci-Vākyās. Vararuci is also believed to be the originator of the Katapayadi notation of depicting numbers, which has been used in the formulation of Chandravākyās."
[h=2]Vararuci, a 'gem' in the court of King Vikramaditya[/h]
The names of the nine gems are found in the following Sanskrit verse:
dhanvantarikṣapaṇakāmarasiṃhaśaṅku
vetālabhaṭṭa ghaṭakarpara kālidāsāḥ |
khyāto varāhamihiro nṛpate sabhāyāṃ
ratnāni vai vararucirnava vikramasyā ||

Regards and Namaskarams

P.R.RADHAKRISHNAN

Dear friends,

If we consider Ramayana as a true story, why not PARACHCHI PETTA PANTHEERU KULAM also be true. Both are ITHIHASAMS/AITHIHYAMS. both have some truth in them and some exaggerations.In Olden days every thing was in SRUTHY,
Including the VEDAS.

I give proof herein from Wikipedia "ITI HA ASAM it self means ," THIS HAPPENED EXACTLY THIS WAY." From WIKIPEDIA

Regards and Namaskarams,

P.R.RADHAKRISHNAN

Last edited:
Ramayana was not written in 1300 A.D. Ramayana is thousands of years old. No comparison. Even Ramayana is not History. There are many Sthla Puranas of temples all over India which are like the Aithika Mala.

Dear Sri. Nachchinarkiniyn,

I am sorry to state that your knowledge in this sphere is very limited. I do not like to answer people who have absolutely no knowledge in certain subjects which I discuss. You have deviated from the Main issue.

Regards and Namaskarams,

P.R.RADHAKRISHNAN

Dear Sri. Nachchinarkiniyn,

I am sorry to state that your knowledge in this sphere is very limited. I do not like to answer people who have absolutely no knowledge in certain subjects which I discuss. You have deviated from the Main issue.

Regards and Namaskarams,

P.R.RADHAKRISHNAN

My knowledge may be very limited. But I knew this much that what you were quoting is from a Book of Myths and Legends. My dating is wrong. It was compiled in the beginning of the 20th century.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aithihyamala

Now it is known to everyone that Legends are not history.

Legend - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now you want to present a legend as a fact of history. When I point it out, you draw a comparison with Ramayana. Only the Mahabharata and Ramayana are considered Itihasas. Even Puranas are not considered Itihasa.
Itihasa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now you would like us to consider the Aithihyamala as an Itihasa.

Even Itihasas and Puranas are not considered History. The discussion about whether Itihasas and Puranas are history is a continuing one with no conclusion so far.

Now you want us to believe Aithihyamala as a Historical document. When I point out the fallacies of your argument , you lose your cool.

Legends do not become Historical facts however much you may shout.

Dear Sri NACHIARKINIYAN,

Now your reply sounds good. These are all MYTHS. which contain half truth and half exaggerations. I agree to this fact. I just said that there is a story in AITHIHYAMALA written by the famous KATTARATHIL SANKUNNI, in which I saw a poem written. You may believe it or not. It is left to you. But the fact is that THIRU VALLUVAR was not born in VALLUVAR CASTE.
Regards and Namaskarams,

P.R.RADHAKRISHNAN. M.A.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back