• If you are using hotmail, outlook, live or rediffmail email and are trying to register or have registered with the website, please read this post.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Think or sink!

Visalakshi Ramani

Gold Member
Gold Member
A proverb a day to brighten the day.

319a. Ruhe vor dem Sturm ist wie das Hocken eines Tigers, bevor er sich stürzt.
319b. Calm before storm is like the crouching of a tiger before it pounces.

The bow bends before it shoots an arrow.
The tiger crouches before it pounces on its prey.
There is a deceptive calm before every violent storm.

footnotes :-
Ruhe = Calm
vor = before
dem Sturm = the storm
ist = is
wie = like
das = that
Hocken = crouching
eines Tigers = of a tiger
bevor = before
er sich = itself
stürzt = pounces.

The
sudden friendship of a known and sworn enemy must not be believed - since it means trickery and treachery are about to be unleashed upon the unsuspecting victim.

Visalakshi Ramani

Gold Member
Gold Member
Budhdhim dEhi!

A prayer to Sarasawathi Devi goes like this. 🙏

"Budhdhim dhEhi yas'O dhEhi kavithvam dhEhi dhEhi mE |
Moodhathvam cha harE dhEvi thrAhi mAm s'araNAgatham ||"

Thoughts and Ideas are born in a person's budhdhi.
Then those thoughts become either words or actions.

The best way to guard oneself from speaking or doing anything bad is
to make sure that bad thoughts and ideas are not born in one's budhdhi.

Guard your budhdhi to guard your thoughts.
Guard your thoughts to guard your words.
Guard your words to guard your actions.

I say this prayer everyday NOT just for myself alone,
but for the entire family - praying for one person at a time.

The result shows in the interactions of the family members. :)

Visalakshi Ramani

Gold Member
Gold Member

320a.
Wenn Gott auf unserer Seite ist, kann uns niemand schaden.
Wenn Gott nicht auf unserer Seite ist, kann uns niemand helfen.

320b.
When God is on our side no one can harm us.
When God is not on our side no one can help us.

footnotes:
Wenn = When
Gott = God
ist = is
auf = on
unserer = our
Seite = side,
niemand = no one
kann = can
schaden = harm
uns = us.
Wenn = When
Gott = God
ist = is
nicht = not
auf = on
unserer = our
Seite = side,
niemand = no one
kann = can
helfen = help
uns = us.

Visalakshi Ramani

Gold Member
Gold Member
Vaadham and Pidivaadham

The ailments of the seniors and super senior fall into two categories viz vaadham and pidivaadham.
Vaadham is age-related and we can help the sufferers - ONLY if they want to be helped...not otherwise.

No amount of explaining, arguing and even threatening (!) will have any effect.
They WILL do, what they WANT to do, WHEN they want to do and in the WAY they WISH to do!

A 90+ old thahtha may challenge a youngster for a jumping contest! ( Once I have been challenged for advising him to use a walking stick for stability)!

A 80+ old paatti may insist on using the Indian toilet and expect someone to help every time she wishes to use the bathroom, rather than use the Western toilet installed specially for her with the appropriate grab bars for extra safety and stability.

A 85+ paatti may insist on wearing a 9 yards sari ( which is scary enough) and insist on washing and drying the sari herself ( which is even scarier) because of her madi and aachaaram!

But if they suffer a bad fall, break a major joint and become bedridden for life, they WILL not mind being taken care of by a person of (God knows!) which caste and which religion! So much for their madi and aachaaram.

We can't protect people against their wishes! :(

Visalakshi Ramani

Gold Member
Gold Member

321a. Wenn Liebe dünn ist, sind Fehler dick.
321b. When love is thin faults are thick.

footnotes:-
Wenn = If / When
Liebe = love
ist = is
dünn = thin
Fehler = faults
sind = are
dick = thick.

Visalakshi Ramani

Gold Member
Gold Member
Thillu mullu samaiyal! [ aka The Clever Cooking]

Taste vary! But when they vary so much that it becomes impossible to cook a common dish for the entire family, the lady of the house has to resort to The Clever Cooking.

If one member of the family does not like onion but can't trace its presence, add ground onion to the dish.
If one member of the family does not like tomato but can't trace its presence, add ground tomato to the dish.

Often this does not stop with just tomatoes and onions. The scheme is extended ti include carrots, snake gourds and any vegetable which the chutney jar can handle! :)

Everybody is happy after the tasty meal. Some because they do not the constituents of the dish and the others because they know. :)

ENDS JUSTIFIES THE MEANS! ALL IS WELL THAT ENDS WELL!!

Raji Ram

Gold Member
Gold Member
Thillu mullu samaiyal! [ aka The Clever Cooking]

Taste vary! But when they vary so much that it becomes impossible to cook a common dish for the entire family, the lady of the house has to resort to The Clever Cooking.

If one member of the family does not like onion but can't trace its presence, add ground onion to the dish.
If one member of the family does not like tomato but can't trace its presence, add ground tomato to the dish.

Often this does not stop with just tomatoes and onions. The scheme is extended ti include carrots, snake gourds and any vegetable which the chutney jar can handle! :)

Everybody is happy after the tasty meal. Some because they do not the constituents of the dish and the others because they know. :)

ENDS JUSTIFIES THE MEANS! ALL IS WELL THAT ENDS WELL!!
I am one who use the mixie jar often! Mosty for cheating!

Yes... All is well till what I do in the kitchen is NOT watched! 😄

Adv.Aiyer

Well, doesn't it spoil someone who wants to follow tradition of not eating onion/garlic?

Anyways, my wife can find all ingredients Ground or otherwise. So am I,( most of them.)

I love to cook & add spices. Vary usual methods and combinations
Thillu without Mullu prick is good

Raji Ram

Gold Member
Gold Member
No objectionable items get into the mixie jar. It is to make a person eat a few veg which are not relished, like snake gourd and radish!
We all say NO to garlic.

Visalakshi Ramani

Gold Member
Gold Member
Well, doesn't it spoil someone who wants to follow tradition of not eating onion/garlic?

Anyways, my wife can find all ingredients Ground or otherwise. So am I,( most of them.)

Actually The Scheme and The Name belong to my younger sister Smt. Raji Ram. :ROFLMAO:

I was not sure whether I have to drag her in this and so I did not mention her name. :unsure:

Now that she herself has come forward to disclose the origin, I am more than happy to share this with you.

We do not feed people with objectionable items but only with those items they choose to object to! ;)

Visalakshi Ramani

Gold Member
Gold Member

You and Mam must be connoisseurs to be able to find the items - blended as well as nor blended into food.
This reminds me of a funny story.

There was the super-taste-master who could name each and every drink that had been used in making the cocktail. His fame had spread far and wide. So by the Law of Nature some one must use a muLLU with dhillu to break his bubble of ego! Right? :devilish:

One day he was offered a strange liquid and told to identify it. It was a strange liquid quite unknown to him.
It had no smell, no flavor, no taste and no color! He took a sip, rolled his tongue and repeated it very often but could not identify the strange drink. o_O

He confessed his failure and said, " I do not know what it is but I swear no one will buy it paying money!" YET the strange drink - which was just plain and clean water - is the one which is being sold for a very good price all over the world now! 👏

Bonus info:

Louis XIV also known as The Sun King has bathed just once in his life time - that too for medical reasons!
The Royalty and the rich never bathed but used powders and perfumes to conceal their stench. I bet they did not need a dog to sniff out any person. Anyone could do it! :sick:

They did not used even to wash after attending Nature's calls but used to wipe off with a dry cloth. Ladies had to carry smelling salt with them all the time - since they might swoon from their own fragrance! :eek:

Last edited:

Visalakshi Ramani

Gold Member
Gold Member

322a. Schneiden Sie einen Diamanten mit einem Diamanten.
322b. Cut a diamond with a diamond.

There is a solution to every single problem we may face in life.
The problem will remain a problem - only till we find a solution.

Sie = You
Schneiden = cut
einen = a
Diamanten = diamond
mit = with
einem = a
Diamanten = diamond.

Visalakshi Ramani

Gold Member
Gold Member
1601241576920.png

உற்பத்தி காண்டம்

துய்யதோர் மறைக ளாலும் துதித்திடற் கரிய செவ்வேள்
செய்ய பே ரடிகள் வாழ்க சேவலும் மயிலும் வாழ்க
வெய்ய சூர் மார்பு கீண்ட வேற்படை வாழ்க அன்னான்
பொய்யில் சீர் அடியார் வாழ்க வாழ்க இப்புவனம் எல்லாம்

Visalakshi Ramani

Gold Member
Gold Member

323a. Wer Ihnen über jemanden klatscht, wird sicherlich jemandem über Sie klatschen.
323b. He who gossips to you about someone will surely gossip about you to someone.

Two types of people can't keep their mouth shut for long...
those who "live to eat" using their teeth like a grinding mill and
those who "live to chat" for spreading
rumors with added masAlA.
This is misusing the tongue in both possible ways! :(

Wer = He who
klatscht = gossips
Ihnen = to you
über = about
jemanden = someone
wird = will
sicherlich = surely
klatschen = gossip
jemandem = to someone
über = about
Sie = you.

Visalakshi Ramani

Gold Member
Gold Member
A, B, C, D and E were talking about some serious National issue. After some time, A had to leave on some urgent business and immediately the topic of discussion became A.

B left on some chore and immediately B became the new topic of their discussion. The same thing was repeated with C and D. The gossips stopped when only E was left all alone with no one to talk to.

Such is the mentality of some human beings. Whoever is absent will be torn to shreds, washed and hung out in the Sun for drying! If man decides NOT to talk about anyone who is not present there...the whole world will become very silent suddenly!

Visalakshi Ramani

Gold Member
Gold Member
The seven characteristics of life include:
  • responsiveness to the environment;
  • growth and change;
  • ability to reproduce;
  • have a metabolism and breathe;
  • maintain homeostasis;
  • being made of cells; and.
  • passing traits onto offspring.
The top two need to be pondered over very carefully.

We are what we are to day because we stopped being responsive to and responsible for the environment.

Growth and change are just the increase in height, weight and girth but also the ability to modify to adapt to

the ever changing world - in every respect! Those who adapt survive and those who are adamant suffer.

Visalakshi Ramani

Gold Member
Gold Member
New born baby is in its Birthday suit because mother's womb cannot make a dress for it. Also only the doctors / nurses in the room see the baby naked. But posing stark naked to celebrate 4th mAmAngam of one's existence on earth and putting to shame one's own grown up daughter !!! :eek:

She who sold the 'smell of her vagina' will stop at nothing! :sick:

Gwyneth Paltrow Embarrasses Daughter Apple After Posting Nude Photo on Her 48th Birthday

Gwyneth Paltrow totally embarrassed her 16-year-old daughter, Apple Martin, after posting a nude photo to Instagram to celebrate her 48th birthday. The ‘Shakespeare in Love’ actress received praise from friends...

Last edited:

Visalakshi Ramani

Gold Member
Gold Member

324a. Wenn ein Dieb und ein Wächter Busenfreunde werden, können sie den ganzen Tag ohne Angst stehlen.
324b. When a thief and a watchman become bosom friends, they can steal all day long without any fear.

A 'koottaNi' must be formed with the right persons for success of any foul scheme.
What better scheme than to befriend the watchman, to be allowed to steal at leisure?

footnotes:
Wenn = When / If
ein = a
Dieb = thief
und = and
ein = a
Wächter = watchman
werden = become
Busenfreunde = bosom friends,
sie = they
können= can
den ganzen Tag = the whole day
stehlen = steal
ohne = without
Angst = fear.

Visalakshi Ramani

Gold Member
Gold Member
Good health VS Good looks!

Most women and some men would go to any length to have a good look -
even at the cost of sacrificing their good health.

https://brightside.me/inspiration-h...-health-and-what-you-can-wear-instead-794780/

Attachments area

Preview YouTube video What May Have Caused the Death of Elizabeth I

What May Have Caused the Death of Elizabeth I

Thank you for visiting TamilBrahmins.com

You seem to have an Ad Blocker on.

We depend on advertising to keep our content free for you. Please consider whitelisting us in your ad blocker so that we can continue to provide the content you have come here to enjoy.

Alternatively, consider upgrading your account to enjoy an ad-free experience along with numerous other benefits. To upgrade your account, please visit the account upgrades page

You can also donate financially if you can. Please Click Here on how you can do that.