• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Think or sink!

Visalakshi Ramani

Der magische Spiegel (The magical mirror)

In Fairy Tales we come across magical mirrors which can show the owner of the mirror
persons living far far away and / or the things happening far far away.

I used to wonder as a child whether such a thing was really possible!
My doubt has finally got cleared - after all those long years of waiting for an answer.

YES! There is magical mirror or ( a small handy flat surface) which lets you see remote persons and know things happening far far away. It is called as a Handy (a Mobile phone) which has become an integral part of human existence,

At times it it bothersome since people do not wish to speak or listen to those sitting right in front of them - but which like to know what is happening halfway across the globe.

I used to grudge and grumble since in a household with just two persons, IF one person is possessed by this 'Magische Spiegel' the other person does not exist for him.

But to day I realised that it is the very same 'Magische Spiegel' which makes one person feel pushed out of the life of another keet the other one somewhat connected with the world of reality. But for that he may feel completely lost and be lost to the world of Reality.

Well there can be neither an unmixed blessing nor a dark cloud without a silver lining! Right???

Attachments area
Preview YouTube video Der magische Spiegel | Gute Nacht Geschichte | Deutsche Märchen

Visalakshi Ramani

All problems can be solved.... if they are real and not created by imagination and projection!
All problems can be solved ....if both the parties involved in it wish to end it ....not otherwise!

So it requires human wisdom to distinguish between the real and the imaginary problems.
It requires human wisdom to determine whether or not the other party is willing to cooperate.

Falling short of this, people will be bangig their heads against walls and rocks with no success.
No point in blaming the others when one does not know when to "Let it go!"

It is not necessary to have the last word in every altercation!

Visalakshi Ramani

I accompanied my husband when my son took him for a medical consultation.
The young doctor beamed at me and asked my son "Is she your father's wife?"

Probably he noticed the resemblance between me and my son after this question.
So he asked my son again,"Is she your mother?"

The way people live in USA has got condensed in these two questions!

A lady can be a boy's father's wife ....BUT NOT BE his biological mother!
The biological mother of a boy NEED NOT BE the wife of his father forever!!

I could not help recollecting the popular words said by one celebrity to another,
"Your children and my children are playing with our children in the garden!"

Visalakshi Ramani

It happens in many movies. The child (hero/ heroine/ villain) would become an adult during a song/ a dance/ a fight/ a chase!

Often our own children grow up and become adults before we realise it - while we ourselves become middle aged or even older!

So one couple I met recently were feeling bad that they did not enjoy the different stages of their kids growing up. Now both their boy and their girl are old enough to get married.

I consoled them by saying, "Whatever you have missed in your own children, you can catch up and make up with your grandchildren. The parents are too busy serving their children to have time for admiring them growing up. But once they become grandparents they start observing the different stages of the growth of their grandkids. "

I put it in a nutshell by saying "Then You were the Servers. Now you will become the Observers. So do not feel bad for what you might have missed!"

Visalakshi Ramani

Cabbages and Roses!

Cabbages are the essential things in life while Roses add elegance and interest to one's life.

I will compare Cabbages to our jobs/ chores/ tasks essential for our very existence in life.

I will compare Roses to our hobbies/ interests/ enjoyments and entertainments.

"All Cabbages and no Roses" will render one's life mundane, monotonous and tiring.

"All Roses and no Cabbages" will make a person a couch potato - in all probability!

So man must learn to balance both of these for a interesting and successful life.

One of my son's masters used to say very often,

"The secret of renaming young aged is remaining engaged!"

I myself could not have put the concept in a shorter or better way!
IF you do not have any hobby whatever it is high time that you developed on at least now!

Visalakshi Ramani

Why should a person be NOT lazy? Find out for yourselves!!!

Attachments area

Preview YouTube video The Lazy Brahmin Story in English | Bedtime Stories | English Fairy Tales

Visalakshi Ramani

The concept of "Survival of the Richest" seems to be hovering over the world quite unmistakably.

A presidential candidate says proudly that despite being the child of mere janitor, the person has risen to become a Senator and Presidential Candidate.

Can such a rare feat be performed by a brilliant and committed child in the future also?
I have my own doubts!!:(

On the one hand the stinking rich throw around $$$$$ to get their kids admitted in prestigious schools and colleges. On the other hand earning for the basic needs of the family is being made more and more difficult for the have nots.

Dreaming of College Education while struggling to keep a roof over the head and bring enough food for the family to keep the body and soul together??? It is but a Pipe Dream :(

AS I had said earlier the stinking rich HAVE a spine as strong as Indra's vajrAyudham but their scruples as flimsy as the cobwebs! :(

Visalakshi Ramani

In a talk show the host said, "We still have The Spring but it comes in January!"

True all the seasons are still there but something / someone has disturbed the impeccable and perfect order which was maintained by Nature till five decades ago!

Apparently a mild Winter has already set in some cities in the East Coast of USA. It was NOT due for at least two more months!

Will the future generations hate us / love us / respect us / disown us for the atrocities we are committing on Mother Nature?

Visalakshi Ramani

A laughing child is the best portrait of pure happiness.

Want of variety leads to satiety.

The loveliest bird may have no songs.

The sweet singing bird may have no beauty!

Nature knows to balance talents and looks!

Visalakshi Ramani

Evil is wrought by want of thought.

Good wine needs no push.

Love thyself last.
If you love thyself first
you won't have any love for
anyone else!

Cherish the enemy that hates thee.

Pray for the enemy that hates thee.

Visalakshi Ramani

The origin of Olympics ???

Man and war are inseparable!

Men simply have to invade another person's personal space, personal land, territory, village, country, continent ...whichever is possible!

We have learnt about the wars waged by
Chera + Chola on Pandiyas,
Cheras + Pandiyas on Cholas and
Cholas + Pandiyas on Cheras.

Eventually the God of War got sick and tired of these constant wars.

He wanted the real wars to be converted to mock wars between the countries... retaining the love for one's country and patriotism, fighting for a title, but all these all without bloodshed and violence.

That was how The Olympics was born!

Everything is warlike-right from the preparation but the properties used are not deadly weapons! 🤺

What a wonderful idea conceived by the God of War! :hail:

Visalakshi Ramani

Dream Girl Moms!

A competition was held by a Tamil magazine a few years ago, in which mothers and daughters who looked more like sisters than a mother & her daughter were brought into prominence.

But when a mom dominates her daughter on that girl's wedding day, it becomes unpalatable.

Wedding day is THE day for the bride and the groom. The are the V.I.P s of the day. They are the hero and heroine of the day!

Let us not steal that small pleasure from them. That is what they will remember life long.

Same thing when you attend any wedding. Never look more glamorous or more decorated than the bride.

Let her glow on her special day!

Visalakshi Ramani

He preaches well
who lives well.

More things are wrought by prayer
than the world dreams of.
Lord Tennyson.

Words without thoughts
will never to heaven go!
Shakespeare.

Visalakshi Ramani

The only difference between a saint and a sinner is that
every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.

Seek and you shall find it.
Knock and the door will open.

Visalakshi Ramani

One of my dance students (who must be on the wrong side of the 40s now) is planning for a Bharatha nAtya arangEtram next year. She is a professor by profession. This surprised me. I know the difficulties involved in a 40+ person dancing unless one is a professional narthaki.

My surprize got another boost hn I learned that one of the friends on my son - who is also on the wrong side of 40s is planning to have her arangetram later this year. She also works in a reputed firm in a very responsible post!
How do you explain these ???
Love of Art?
Mind over Matter??
Better late than never??
Making up for the last opportunity???
Whatever may be the real reason I can't help admiring their commitment and dedication to achieve something life - which to them is far more precious than the successful career!

Visalakshi Ramani

The more we learn... the more we can remember.

The more we remember... the more we can learn.

So this another circle (but definitely not a vicious circle)! :)

Practice makes perfect. Interest makes one practice!

Visalakshi Ramani

Does the End justify the Means?
Honestly I don't think so!
When anyone says "DO it all costs" it has several implications!
'It' may not possible, plausible, affordable, effective or even practical.
But 'getting it done it anyway' will surely cause more real problems than those one is trying to solve!

Follow Tamil Brahmins on Social Media

Latest posts