• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Think it over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a related story:

In 1939, while Charlie Morris was at school in Memphis, Tennessee, he learned of his brother Jessie’s death . The death certificate said it was accidental drowning, but his family maintained that Jessie was lynched after an argument with white shop owners — shot and thrown into the river. No one was ever charged with his death.

Decades later, Charlie Morris learned that his brother Jessie had been murdered. Morris wanted to take revenge against the whites. Morris now says the hatred he carried for 10 years after his brother's death was a burden. His hatred of the whites consumed him so much that it plagued his body with mysterious ailments. He was just feeling sick all the time. The family doctor couldn't find anything wrong with him. One day, the doctor asked Morris to bring his wife also during the next visit. And the doctor started questioning the wife about Morris. She reported that he was always having nightmares, which she never told him; that he was crying in his sleep, calling for his brother.

Morris began to realize what was happening. The doctor told him that he was the wrong doctor for him. And he began to think of forgiving, and soon found that there was all the answers to his illness. And he didn't have to go to the doctor anymore, he stopped having those pains.

Morris, now 90 years old, says that there is now a bill moving through the Tennessee legislature that would require an investigation into Jessie's death and others like it.

LettingGo

morris.jpg

பகைவனுக்கருள்வாய் நன்னெஞ்சே பகைவனுக்கருள்வாய் -- - மகாகவிபாரதி

Last edited:
The clock resembles the dial in which
we are supposed to collect all the lead shots
in the central curve by careful maneuvering.
So I named it as playboy clock just for fun! :)

Ok there is a dial...which is supposed to collect all the shots...in the central curve by careful maneuvering?

LOL!! I can't stop laughing..no wonder you decided to call it Playboy Clock.

Don't ask me to elaborate why I can't stop laughing!

1)What is the meaning of a thread in this forum? once started does it become a private property?
Simply said A thread is a topic. So each thread is a topic of discussion. Within a thread, there can be x number of replies (like this one)

No, a thread is not a private property. As long as the thread is open anyone can comment.

2)What rights does the thread starter have over the content of a thread started by him/her. Can she/he say,"I dont want you to come and post in my thread" to another member of the forum?

The thread starter cannot ask anyone else to stop from posting.

Though there have been situations where the thread starter has asked for certain members to refrain from posting because they were not relevant to the topic. But this has to be done via private messages and only with the consent of the admin/moderator.

Otherwise no one can ask any other member to stop posting in any open thread.

If the thread starter does not want any comment/replies, he can ask that thread to be closed giving a valid reason.

if they are not open to hearing various views (for and against) then they need not create a topic in the first place.

3)Please define the term "relevant post" because it is flaunted here frequently by "owners" of the threads to disqualify certain posts.

Various from topic to topic. There is no clear one single definition for this. End of it, if the post has been reported, a moderator/admin will take a look and decide.

Additionally,

A thread starter does not become a thread owner. Only in cases where only one member has been updating it with information then they can claim ownership because they have been updating the thread. Otherwise if other members have debated/discussed in it, there is no single owner. 10 members posted replies, then you can say it has 10 owners :)

Dear Praveen,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply. I will keep your points in mind.

Cheers.

न वा अरे सर्वस्य कामाय सर्वं प्रियं भवति आत्मनस्तु कामाय सर्वं प्रियं भवति
It is not for the sake of all, my dear, that all is loved
But for ones own sake that all is loved - brihAdAranyAka upAnishad

Last edited:
Shri Praveen,

I totally agree with what you have listed out very clearly. As a domain owner and obviously as a neutral man, you have clearly pointed out what is what, for the benefit of each and every members here.

I totally agree with what ever Shri.Suraju has detailed in his post #4565.

At the same time, I just want to express some of my views in line with Shmt.Visalakshmi Ramani's expectations, other than what valid points she has raised, and in favor of any one in future. This has nothing to do with opposing you or any one, BUT just my humble suggestions.

Dear All,

1) When a thread is started for a better cause, like "Think it over", Quotable Quotes", "Daily Dose of Interesting Information" etc etc, ( I mean not a controversial one that can lead to any amount of heated arguments among the members and that can cause a sort of disagreements right on the topic of the thread etc) we members here should honor the positive intent of the thread and the thread starter.

2) All the members including the Thread Starter knows that, no one can restrict any one from participating in the thread and from expressing their views in the thread. Also, all knows that, when some unwanted and unwelcoming arguments takes place between the members in such thread, no one can really control the other with what they should say and what not. In such a scenario, a Thread Starter, who has devoted time and energy in such fine threads with the intentions of some positive and productive exchange of ideas, would certainly feel disheartened and would end up requesting the members repeatedly to not to indulge in the same again and again. The reasons are 1) this can spoil the purpose and the harmony expected in the thread and 2) can eventually lead to its shut down once for all.

3) At least when, devoted, well informed, talented, energetic and enthusiastic senior members like Shrmt.Visalakshi Ramini start a nice thread (which has nothing to do with competing with each other harshly, violently and hatefully), they can be honored when they request members to not to indulge in such negative exchanges, fighting with each other, calling by names each other etc, considering the good and constructive intentions of such thread starter. After all the focus here, by the thread starter is - "Not to generate ill will among the members and unwanted disturbances in the thread. To enable each and every one to benefit from the threads like this one, by the exchanges of their views and opinions in the right spirit".

4) We can call it as request or warning, BUT the intent is good and it serves good purpose for each and every member here. When we as members here can honor the request and warning of the Domain Owner and or The Moderators, why can't we honor the request and warning of a senior fellow member as a thread starter, who like the rest of all of us are actively participating in this Forum, almost every day in and day out, unlike the Domain Owner and or The Moderators.

5) Let us all join together and make every senior, knowledgeable and dedicated members feel happy and successful in accomplishing their good desire of peace and harmony in such of their threads, like this one. After all we have plenty of other threads where we all can be in our total Avtar and make clear to each other as to what up to we are...

YES!!! I have recently said that - "It is not god to desire for a special privilege being a senior member or a newbie, a male or a female".

BUT, what I listed above in 5 points are just my humble suggestion, considering only this positive demand of Shmt. Visalakshi Ramani as per her expectations, that serves good purpose to all of us. Again, some members can accept it as positive demand and some members may reject it as negative demands. I agree!!!! Opinions differs, expectations differs and perception differs. I have just expressed what I feel and my suggestions should not be taken as my some special favourism towards Shmt V.R. What all I said above can be applicable to all the thread starters who have started and may start in future, for the sole purpose of productive exchange of views and opinions on the topics, that has nothing to do with strong differences of opinions and exchanges with sense of disappointments, disliking, disheartened and hard feelings.

Though at times, some disturbances may arise even in such threads, let us honor the thread starter who is persistently keeping the thread alive, interestingly and productively.

Let us all, in a positive spirit, "Think Over The Above"

Thanks to all.

Dear Ravi, I would like to humbly submit that this forum is functioning mainly
to ventilate the view points of everyone, may be sometimes pro or sometimes
against keeping in view the pros and cons. But domination of a particular thread
by any one is not advisable. It is a social service and with a good ethic, it is being
conducted duly modulated by Mr Praveen whenever the situation if so warrants.
Therefore one should not take the law into hand that such and such person should
not participate or no one should post in their earmarked thread etc is not palatable.
This forum's dignity is required to be maintained as it is welcomed by many people
in the Universe and in fact a number of people are joining this forum of late.
This is only my personal opinion.

Balasubramanian

Amala,

Are you out of your mind??!!!?? Or you are lacking with the basic understanding of Forum concept?

We click "like" to post that we like. That matches mostly with our own view points. This is common with every one. It is not about who posted its all about what's been posted. Based on this we click "like" and for that no one is guilty, not just me.

If some one blasts some one and there is some valuable message in it and makes sense YES!!! off course I click "like". Not just me, many do that and we are witnessing all this from the very beginning from each of us.

If a member is unable to understand or lacks with basic maturity would find all this as guilty, hypocrisy, favorism, venom and what not? Don't worry I am not pointing on you. All my points here are general and applicable to every member including me.

It looks bad only when we express our harshly negative opinions about others and call them by names, especially when we as an individual are not the effected party.

If I say that a member is viewing with colored glasses and finding things wrong means its full of venom?? LOL!!! So funny are your accusations. Including this there were and are many other expressions that were and continue to exists in this forum (in any forum) that strongly apposes one's wrong claims and still can not be concluded as offensive and derogatory. These are the basic presentations meant for retaliations and counter argue.

When we counter a view point or some one's personal remark on us wrongly, we tend to be more effective in disqualifying the unsubstantial claims.

If for you and your fans my posts sounds aggressive let it be so. I am not interested in hair splitting fights and arguments like school children just for the sake of it.

You are saying that you cant witness people being bullied!!! That's perfectly fine and well appreciated. We all know what was the recent incident and the parties involved in it. We know that few believe that Renu was bullied for which you have blasted Ozone, calling him by names. I appreciate your sense of Justice and your care for your fellow member.

BUT, Renuka requested all the members to stop commenting on this incident and let's all be in good spirit. I was happy to find such a post from Renuka and I appreciated it in my heart. And was happy to find no continuation on this by others. BUT, Brahin jumped in calling a man as venom spitting snake. I think, you and few other members were happy with it. So hilarious to note how can a person be happy when the effected party Renuka wanted peace and harmony in the forum, for whom you were standing up...LOL!!! Was that ceasefire just a pretension or the few members are not happy with the ceasefire?

I objected Brahin only for the well being of this forum and this thread. Having respect and care for the forum and all forum members. And I justified my objections with certain valid points (you may go and read again) that any person can accept.

For your PS note -

Dear Renu, excuse me if you felt offended. My post to Brahin was in general. I can understand that it may have bothered you because in this case you are the effected party and Brahin called your opponent as Venom spitting snake. BUT, I said all in general that is applicable to all of us at any time. It has nothing to exclusively highlight you as Brahin's friend.
Dear Ravi do not take your anger bcz of me on Amala.....

Dear all,

With reference to post no.4608, with one line remarkable message.....

I am ignoring responding personally to unwanted repeated post that are made here irrelevantly. I am been accused with some unsubstantial reasoning, may be without knowing why I replied to Amala or pretending to be unknown with some wrong motive. I would request all to refrain from reacting to such posts.

I need not to even post this and be least bothered. BUT, I had to post this because some one like this so called gentleman may apear with such irrelevant reasoning, been not present around here or having some wrong motive.

I ignored all the wanton taunts and the repeated needling. I used to just smile whenever I came across such posts. But there is a limit. This post is only to mildly remind the person concerned that words have to be used very carefully. I have no malice. I do not intend to enter into a long drawn war of words. The larger forum knows what is what.

Cheers.

Innocence redefined
Innocent member is not one who indulges in arson...
lighting, feeding and keeping alive the fire of hatred!

The following post,according to the learned senior member, is arson and is igniting hatred:

Post # 4059--There is a forum, it allows any one to become a member, it allows a lot of space to accommodate whatever is posted. There are people who have a lot of time to spend on the internet and in this particular forum. As I spend more time here I post more than others. So more of my posts will be viewed. Each post adds to the number of "views" which can be flaunted like the trp ratings of TV channels. Oh, yeah what an enviable readership!! I can pat myself on my back because i enjoy tickling my ego.All this is harmless. Trouble starts when things go straight to my head and I start thinking that I am far bigger than myself. That is the point when I start bullying others in the forum. That is the time when I am unable to resistthe temptation to repeatedly needle some one about his/her habits-mind you habits are very personal and they are not there for others to make fun of. The net result is that I am converting the forum into a "kuzhaayadi" or worse a fish market where fisher-women vie with each other and quarrel to sell fish to a customer. The language becomes more aggressive and becomes more obnoxious and offending than the smell of the fish they sell. My only hope is that better sense prevails and people stop needling others. There are enough topics to discuss, appreciate, differ, argue and to learn from each other. To say that BG is talked about under the influence of a drink is carrying animosity too far, far far beyond decent limits. I have no one in particular in mind. After reading the quoted text I felt offended that BG has been trashed. This is the result of that pain.

And the following posts, according to the learned senior member, are not arson-just sweet reasonable talk:

1. Refer post #3839:
You DO NOT have determined old men trolling you
clip_image001.gif

and unhappy wenches on an avenging mission!
(note carefully that even the smily looks like Ahimsaamoorthi Mahatma Gandhi smiling!!.The language is just sweet nectar-the word “wenches” included. Emphasis mine).

2. Refer post #4060:
My respect for Krishna and Bhagavat Gita NEED not be proved to anyone...least of all to a group of moon worshipers.

As this is in reply to post #4059, one can easily understand who is being called a moon worshiper with perhaps a lot of affection and respect!

3.Refer post #4061:
#4059.Belated self examination!!!
Keep it up!!!
As they say
"Better late than never!!!"

Just samples!!

Last edited:
Dear all,

With reference to post no.4608, with one line remarkable message.....

I am ignoring responding personally to unwanted repeated post that are made here irrelevantly. I am been accused with some unsubstantial reasoning, may be without knowing why I replied to Amala or pretending to be unknown with some wrong motive. I would request all to refrain from reacting to such posts.

I need not to even post this and be least bothered. BUT, I had to post this because some one like this so called gentleman may apear with such irrelevant reasoning, been not present around here or having some wrong motive.

Dear Ravi it was u who started writing books on me & who asked u to come in picture & now why ur getting jealous when i am supporting Amala here.

Think it Over!!

See your Goals
Understand the obstacles
Create a positive mental picture
Clear you mind of self doubt
Embrace the challenge
Stay on track
Show the world you can do it..

= SUCCESS

-
As shared by one of my friend's in Face book.

Wonderful thought to think over it again and again...

"Don't mix between my personality and my attitude
Because my personality is ME
And my attitude depends on YOU"

Shared by one of my dearest friends in face book, whom I consider no less than my sister..

This hand held circular maze is riveting .The boys used to play with intense concentration and expressive faces - as the modern boys do with handheld lcd video games. There were also square maze and zigzag. We were all an innocent bunch.

Ok there is a dial...which is supposed to collect all the shots...in the central curve by careful maneuvering?

Dear Renu!
I am a dunce in certain field of human activities. :loco:
When we were kids, we had a circular dial with maze like concentric circles.
The narrow opening in each of them would be facing in opposite directions.
Five or six lead shots will go running round and round as you tilt the dial.
By gentle tapping and careful tilting we have to gather all of them in their home.
Since it looked that toy I called it as a play boy clock.
Probably there is more in it than what I had intended. :)

न वा अरे सर्वस्य कामाय सर्वं प्रियं भवति आत्मनस्तु कामाय सर्वं प्रियं भवति
It is not for the sake of all, my dear, that all is loved
But for ones own sake that all is loved - brihAdAranyAka upAnishad

It explains very well why
we love the people who make us happy
and hate those who make us unhappy.

BrahinJi,

Thank you but don't waste you energy on this. Some things as as some people too are lost causes. I can easily respond the same way to Ravi. I won't bother.

Suraj Sir,

You're a very brave man to take on all the bigwigs. I think what we repeatedly see here time and again are people who can dish it out to others but not take it. Maybe I am equally guilty of that, i dunno , but unlike many at least I admit it. They pretend and act like they are near perfect and moan on and on about others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back