• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Theertha prasd and sadari

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Vishnu temples theertha Prasad is given followed by sadari. Some archakas say do not apply the remaining theertha in the head bcoz it is an insult to sadagopan [sadari]. The reason being small portion of salaiva also will be mixed when the remaining theertha Prasad is applied on head. Butin big temples the will not tell anything like do not apply on head etc. Any citings from puranas???

I don't understand what the priest says when placing sadari on head in Parthasarathy Temple, Thiruvallikkeni. Could someone interpret it for me?

The priest will change accordingly to the timings. You have to identify that archaka. Normally when I keep sadari to the devotees I will say diferent god's name like lakshinarayanaya naah ranganathaya namah etc

The priest will change accordingly to the timings. You have to identify that archaka. Normally when I keep sadari to the devotees I will say diferent god's name like lakshinarayanaya naah ranganathaya namah etc

many years ago when I visited the temple, the main priest who placed the sadari said the same thing as you would say 'lakshminarayanaya.....'. an assistant priest would stand beside him and say something in tamil 'theertham ......sadari.....vidadheyamma' at everyone. have no clue what he said.

Assistant priest might have said that all were offered perumal's theertham and sadari with God's blessings.

many years ago when I visited the temple, the main priest who placed the sadari said the same thing as you would say 'lakshminarayanaya.....'. an assistant priest would stand beside him and say something in tamil 'theertham ......sadari.....vidadheyamma' at everyone. have no clue what he said.
May be 'vidAdhEyammA' had these words as prefix: 'kAsu pOdAmal pOy!' :popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back