• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The relevance of kalahasthi and rahu kethu dosha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I have learned that doing pooja at Kalahasti temple, one can be rid of rahu and kethu dosha, in which all the planets are in between these nodes.
Any learned person, explain the relevance of this temple and Rahu and Kethu Dosha. i came to know that Kalahasti got the name from Kala elephant hasti snake and sri spider. How Lord Shiva gave salvation to these three devotees need not be repeated as it is in Sthalapuranam. I want to know, the relevance of Rahu and Kethu Dosha and this temple.
I know that the poojas are being performed. I only want to know the relevance of the relevance of this kshethra with rahu and kethu dosha. Ple

Dear Sir,

I am not learned in astrology etc but I feel there is no need to worry now about Rahu and Ketu.

Indians used to fear the Dosha effect of the planet Mars and now the Indian satellite has reached Mars. Mars never rejected the Satellite!

Very soon all fears of the unknown will disappear.

So lets hope that Rahu and Ketu will eventually be detected by scientists and that will put an end to all Doshas of the Fearful kind.

Fear would only remain in Fear Files and no more in our minds.

So enjoy life..dont worry about Rahu and Ketu.. these 2 planets only exists in the vocabulary of a Daughter in Law when she refers to her Father In Law and Mother In Law.

Other wise the existence of Rahu and Ketu is still yet to be proved.

Last edited:
Dear Sir,

I am not learned in astrology etc but I feel there is no need to worry now about Rahu and Ketu.

Indians used to fear the Dosha effect of the planet Mars and now the Indian satellite has reached Mars. Mars never rejected the Satellite!

Very soon all fears of the unknown will disappear.

So lets hope that Rahu and Ketu will eventually be detected by scientists and that will put an end to all Doshas of the Fearful kind.

Fear would only remain in Fear Files and no more in our minds.

So enjoy life..dont worry about Rahu and Ketu.. these 2 planets only exists in the vocabulary of a Daughter in Law when she refers to her Father In Law and Mother In Law.

Other wise the existence of Rahu and Ketu is still yet to be proved.
I humbly request the member not to confuse science with proven astronomy/astrological facts.
While it it true that man has reached the mars and everything is possible because of eternal force, be it nature or something.
These are nodes, getting strength of aspects of major planets. As long as eternal forces working on earth, these astronomical facts, from which the sages have found the science of astrology, could not proved to be wrong. If anybody gives the relevance, i will be happy to know such relevance

I humbly request the member not to confuse science with proven astronomy/astrological facts.
While it it true that man has reached the mars and everything is possible because of eternal force, be it nature or something.
These are nodes, getting strength of aspects of major planets. As long as eternal forces working on earth, these astronomical facts, from which the sages have found the science of astrology, could not proved to be wrong. If anybody gives the relevance, i will be happy to know such relevance

Agreed sir..but one should not dismiss facts too.

you see planet Jupiter plays a rather important role in Astrology as most of us know.

Technically the function of Jupiter in the Solar System is to be a Cosmic Vacuum Cleaner.

Becos of its massive gravity shield proportional to its massive size and mass.. it attracts and absorbs a great deal of asteroids shower and comets which might be harmful to earth and other planets in the solar system.

So sages could have known this fact and hence gave a significant place to the planet Jupiter after all it protects the earth.

Over time this fact could have got merged into astrology and mystery got added to it.

So finally everything is logic..its just that presentation changes over the generations.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/26/weekinreview/26overbye.html?_r=0

Last edited:
Hi,
I have learned that doing pooja at Kalahasti temple, one can be rid of rahu and kethu dosha, in which all the planets are in between these nodes.
Any learned person, explain the relevance of this temple and Rahu and Kethu Dosha. i came to know that Kalahasti got the name from Kala elephant hasti snake and sri spider. How Lord Shiva gave salvation to these three devotees need not be repeated as it is in Sthalapuranam. I want to know, the relevance of Rahu and Kethu Dosha and this temple.
I know that the poojas are being performed. I only want to know the relevance of the relevance of this kshethra with rahu and kethu dosha. Ple
hi

i visited kalahasthi temple many times...its one of the panchabhoota temple....it is famous for rahu/ketu dosha too....i will get

some more details soon...http://novitascontentservices.com/s...r-your-rahu-kethu-parihara-puja/#.VCRZyVc09rs

Last edited:
Dear Raju,

Very soon you might have answers from members..some threads just need a jump start to kick into action.

Dear Renu,

Please don't confuse the OP by your progressive thoughts. He needs some info. Let us help him!

Dear Renu,

Please don't confuse the OP by your progressive thoughts. He needs some info. Let us help him!

dear RR ji,

I helped him by making the thread active.

His query was around since 22nd Sep and no one replied his post.

So as usual when a female member activates the thread..others start replying.

And I was right sure enough..everyone now is helping him out.

So he has all answers he wants now.

At the same time I have provided him some logic too in my post to him.

He has got the best of both worlds now..ooops best of 2 planets!

Without knowing anything, the names coined like Kala Sarpa Dosha are could evoke fear! It seems such Dosha did not seem to exist in an Astrologer's vocabulary about 100 years ago or so. So it appears to be a relatively new addition (and my information is based on hearsay from people who claim expertise in such areas).

Based on following the links of Mrs RR I understood that a large number of people will be affected in the world (per Sri Sangom's post in one of the thread). How do such people cursed with some planetary arrangement giving rise to scary-name Doshas ever get married in an arranged setting?

It seems there has to be some kind of Astrological standards organization that should prevent introduction of new Doshas? I am not sure if need to earn money by Astrologers is making them come up with new Doshas.

I know the OP is not about this and the question put forth has been answered by Mrs RR.

My general question is about the evolution of the field of Astrology and if there are checks put in to stop new Doshas from being created.
My particular question is if my information is correct that Kala Sarpa Dosha is a modern invention

Is there a rule that the field of astrology has to be static and not subject to change as in time,place and person?

If everything else is subject to change..so why cant astrology too change?

Just say some huge meteorite crashes in the Saturn and Saturn get completely destroyed..would Saturn then still exert effect on people?

The absence of Saturn might disturb the gravity field of other planets too..so how will all these affect the horoscopes?

BTW the fact is we are not the only Solar System in the Universe..the are other stars that are bigger than the sun and also play Sun to their own group of planets.

So far astrology only deals with planets of the known Solar System and claims the planets exert effects on us.

But everything in this world and universe exerts and effect on us..like a flutter of a butterfly and the batting of an eye lid.

So how are astrologers so sure that the unknown Solar systems do not exert an effect on us and leave them totally out of the equation.

Going by the fact that anything can affect us..that means nothing is in our control..so why worry.

Just live and be happy...our minds need not orbit planets.

Last edited:
close to kumbakonam are many places for nivarthi of doshams of various planets Rahu, Ketu , Sani etc.This is for believers

for others like us , I think astrology can change keeping in view of the changed realities.

there is every possibility there are many sun like objects in the universe .

I have also a basic doubt , if astrology based on position of planets have anything to do with our living on planet earth.

well ,belief or no belief , i tend to agree with renukaji , life is meant to be lived and be happy

thats what keeps me hooked to her posts .

there are flashes of wisdom sometimes. lol

Mrs RR -

Helpful and considerate response :)
You have mastered the search capabilities to locate all the right threads quickly!
Dear Sir,

I use the 'Search' option provided on one of the bands on top of the page. If we type the key word(s), we get many threads;

then we can choose the right ones. Yesterday, I wanted to find a thread started by Kunjuppu Sir about a book and searched for

'kankanam' and could not locate. When K Sir himself responded in that thread mentioning the title of the book as 'kangaNam',

I could immediately trace it with the correct spelling !! :spy:

......... My general question is about the evolution of the field of Astrology and if there are checks put in to stop new Doshas from being created.
My particular question is if my information is correct that Kala Sarpa Dosha is a modern invention
Dear TKS Sir,

Most of the astrologers say 'pitru sApam' while matching horoscopes and advise expensive parihArams. One of my friends

shelled out nearly one lakh rupees on parihArams + visit to Rameshwaram. I believe in 'avanidri OraNuvum asaiyAdhu' and

have faith in the Almighty. But many others seek the help of astrologers and get caught!

I know that this 'kala sarpa dhOsham' existed four decades back because one of the horoscopes that came for matching with

my elder sister had this dhOsham!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back