• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The bliss that is Brahman and the seductress that is Maya

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nara

Glimpses of wisdom from (the Late) Shri V. Subrahmanya Iyer, an advaitin scholar, contemporary of Ramana Maharishi, Tutor to the Maharaja of Mysore; he replaced Ramana Maharishi as Paul Brunton's Teacher and lived up to the 1940's or so.

Thanks Shri sangom for this treat. It is a shame that people of all stripes are attracted to various maThams that promote superstition and backwardness, and not to free-thinkers who can actually have a positive impact on our lives.

Thanks again ....

nachi naga

sangom sir,
Those who talk of "the experience of Brahman” talk nonsense. They need Semantic training. For you cannot have experience without a subject-object relation, i.e. duality, which is not Brahman.
only to verbalise or communicate to others,a subject - object relation is required.athma is brahman and brahman is athma,which has neither a beginning nor an end,the secret indweller of all.i am not this body but a spirit soul,you are that.advaita that which is not dual.

suresoo

Dear sravna Ji,

All that is the perception of physical senses and that by the mind which has desires and attachments is not the true reality. When maya is working you are not in control. When you are not in control of the perceptions would you see the reality? For example when you are angry can you be objective?

Therefore to see the reality you need perfect self control or a totally balanced mind. Till then you stay under the influence of maya which takes you through a plethora of learning experiences in the numerous births you take so that the mind reaches that stage.

By saying there is maya (an opposite/negative force) keeping self away from Brahman you are suggesting there is a negative energy working against the Positive Universal Energy (The Brahman).

Does this not imply there are two energies/force/concept and hence dualism?

thanks,

suresoo

Those who talk of "the experience of Brahman” talk nonsense. They need Semantic training. For you cannot have experience without a subject-object relation, i.e. duality, which is not Brahman.
I remember a lecture from 'a truly learned Professor' and it goes like

"
We get introduced to various laws of science in our schools as we grow
namely

Newtons Laws
Chemical Laws
Electromagnetic Laws
Thermodynamic laws
Einsteins Relativity theory
Quantum Physics
Unified Field Theory / String Theory

Most of us 'log out' at some point (say after Thermodynamic laws) due to different circumstance. Now one can say he/she 'logged out' because of

1) Family circumstance and lose most of the learning after sometime.
2) some circumstance and look for next opportunity to continue learning
3) select few (having lost balance, purpose or merit) may say. I started reading 'Relativity Theory' and Einstein is a 'Nut Job' and wrote some crap out of a delusional state of mind. And quote this as the reason he stopped learning science.

Its once choice on which group he/she wants to belong to.
"

thanks,

Last edited:
OP
OP
sravna

sravna

Dear Shri Suresoo,

Maya doesn't act opposite brahman. It makes you incomplete or lower than brahman. That's why we are relative reality compared to brahman. The incompleteness causes avidya or ignorance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for visiting TamilBrahmins.com

You seem to have an Ad Blocker on.

We depend on advertising to keep our content free for you. Please consider whitelisting us in your ad blocker so that we can continue to provide the content you have come here to enjoy.

Alternatively, consider upgrading your account to enjoy an ad-free experience along with numerous other benefits. To upgrade your account, please visit the account upgrades page

You can also donate financially if you can. Please Click Here on how you can do that.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks