• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

that girl in yellow boots - movie review

Status
Not open for further replies.

kunjuppu

i was very surprised by this movie.

it is more a noir flick of the european variety, in my jargon. dealing with the seedy side of society, in a matter of fact manner, without preaching. just portraying stuff as it is, without judgement.

coming to the story,

we have kalki koechlin, a white woman, from england, working in a body massage parlour in mumbai. i will leave it to the imagination of the public as to all the activities she does there (no she does not trade sex).

she has many loyal customers. nasruddin shah included, though i dont know why. a drug addicted boyfriend.

kalki is in india, to search out her father, judging by his name, patel, a gujju. there is a dark past behind this search, the secrets that many a family hopes it will not happen to them, but i have read, that it occurs with regular sadness, across the world. sad.

again, the ending, is without melodrama, when kalki finds her dad. the realization, that there is no reward or satisfaction achieved through revenge, and past is best accepted and let life move beyond the past, and hope for a better future - all this is brought out beautifully in this movie.

i have seen kalki in a couple of movies before. she is of french heritage, brought up by aurobindo loving parents, educated in india and speaks hindi fluently. she is a white brought up in india, married to desi indian, anurag kashyap. she has been getting some really good roles, and does them well too.

3 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back