• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Tharpana clarification required.

ANIRUTH58

Dear sir,
My chithappa was having 2 wives. One dead and another one alive. He had a son from his second wife but no children from the first wife. It was the reason for his 2nd marriage. Two years ago the first wife died and my brother( chithappa's 2nd wife's son) did his funerals and annual srartham. Now 12 days ago my chithappa died of heart attack. His biological mother is alive. Now he asked me that how he should do tharpanam for his maathru and mathamaha vargam. Both of my chithappa's wives are born to the same parent, i.e., mathamahar is same. Now he asked that whether should he do tharpanam saying sapathni maathru, pithamahi, prapithamahi, pithu prapithamahi or avoid pithu prapithamahi? Vadhyar says that we should do tharpanam for pithu prapithamahi also. He also said that he should do sumangali prarthanai before upanayanam, etc.even though his mother is a widow. He said this as we asked him. When he asked about whether he should do mathamaha and sapathni mathamaha varga tharpanam , he said it is enough he does mathamaha varga tharpanam as both are same. Now my question is that is our vadhyar correct in his answers? Or is there any other alternative answers for his questions about tharpanam and sumangali prarthanai? Please kindly reply to me as soon as possible sir.

Latest ads

Back