• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Technological illiteracy

prasad1

Gold Member
Gold Member
Technological illiteracy is a real problem and those of us who work every day online and with technology often forget how overwhelming it can all seem to those that don’t. Teaching everyone how to use, manage, evaluate, and understand technology and information online is as critical a subject as reading or math. I believe that we have a civic responsibility to make sure that not just our family but other demographics that are routinely marginalized online have the tools they need to access information and engage in the conversations that will shape our collective future.

There are some English snobs who want to keep this knowledge to themselves. And assume that others can find it for themselves. I post what I think will be helpful.

renuka

Gold Member
Gold Member
Technological illiteracy is a real problem and those of us who work every day online and with technology often forget how overwhelming it can all seem to those that don’t. Teaching everyone how to use, manage, evaluate, and understand technology and information online is as critical a subject as reading or math. I believe that we have a civic responsibility to make sure that not just our family but other demographics that are routinely marginalized online have the tools they need to access information and engage in the conversations that will shape our collective future.

There are some English snobs who want to keep this knowledge to themselves. And assume that others can find it for themselves. I post what I think will be helpful.

Honestly I cant wait to go back to Stone age.
I have cut down usage of technology as much as I can.
For eg, I pound my own spices instead of a blender.

Shut my Wi- Fi and only use sparingly.
Use less of car and walk to nearby stores.

Using less of washing machine and trying handwash more.

Using brain more than smart phone.
Writing with pen in notebooks instead of saving in smart phone.

Only watch TV for 1 hour a day.
Hardly have music on...rather sing myself.

We would be surprised that the attention span, focus and mental calmness increases when we shut down external technology and use our " inner technology".

We tend to only think of technology as machines and gadgets.
Imagine a machine asking us to declare " I am not a robot" Captcha.

We never teach ourselves the inner technology we have ..we should have a balance of both outer and inner technology.

sravna

Good Renuka. I feel technology is being thrust upon. There should be a choice of not using technology. Right now it is getting heavily biased for tech inclined people.

Thank you for visiting TamilBrahmins.com

You seem to have an Ad Blocker on.

We depend on advertising to keep our content free for you. Please consider whitelisting us in your ad blocker so that we can continue to provide the content you have come here to enjoy.

Alternatively, consider upgrading your account to enjoy an ad-free experience along with numerous other benefits. To upgrade your account, please visit the account upgrades page

You can also donate financially if you can. Please Click Here on how you can do that.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks