• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Teacher transforms students’ desks into notes of inspiration before exam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lalit

Cool!

[h=1]Teacher transforms students’ desks into notes of inspiration before exam[/h]

Students’ Desks Transform Into Notes Of Inspiration
It was all Chandni Langford’s ‘cute yet inspiring’ idea that her fifth-grade class desks were greeted with inspirational messages on May 2.
Her class at Evergreen Avenue Elementary School in NJ Woodbury has been following the concept of “growth mindset.” It believes that brains and talent are not only the keys to success. Abilities are developed and improved through dedication and hard work.
Langford has been putting different growth mindset quote on the board every morning but, for her 19 students on their big exam, she devised something even more inspiring backed up with her Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC). She utilized dry-erase markers to write quotes on the desks.

As what Langford told Lotsol, “We’ve been talking a lot about growth mindset the past few months, so I picked quotes that resonated with each student. This was really important to me because giving individual attention is always important.”
Mrs. Langford added, “So many of my students have shown tremendous growth over the year, so I wanted to make sure they know I’ve noticed.”
One best quote on the desk: “I’m not telling you it’s going to be easy, but it is going to be worth it! Do your best!”
There were 2 free munchkin donuts on every desk with the message, “Donut stress. Take your time and do your best.”
Students were surprised and excited. “They may not realize, but I’ve known all along that they can do anything they set their minds to.” She said.

http://lotsol.com/2016/05/teacher-transforms-students-desks-into-notes-of-inspiration-before-exam/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back