• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Tarpanam Sanskrit words for Pitru s (ancestors)

A

Arun Vishwanathan

Hi,
As per tarpanam, we do it for 3 ancestors on each side, father's side and mother's side.
In my case Mother(maatru)(M) and Father's mother(pitamahi) (FM) are alive. So I need to start from Father's Father mother (FFM) which is told as "pithu: pitamahi" or "prapitamahi". However what do I say for FFFM and FFFFM which are the other two starting from FFM? Is FFFM told as "pithu: prapitamahi"?
This is for pitru varga tarpanam.

For maatru varga tarpanam, what is the word to use for Mother's Father's Father's Father's Father? (MFFFF). This is because my MF is alive and next is MFF which is called maatru-pitamahan and MFFF which is maatru-prapitamaham. So am only missing the word for MFFFF. Will it be maatru-pithu-prapitamahan?

Thanks!

பிது:= தகப்பனார்.; பிது: பித்ரே= தாத்தா ( அப்பாவின் அப்பா) பிது: பிதாமஹான்=அப்பாவின் தாத்தா; பிது; ப்ரபிதாமஹான் அப்பாவின் கொள்ளு தாத்தா.

மாது: தாயார்; மாது; பித்ரே= அம்மாவின் அப்பா; மாது; பிதாமஹான்= அம்மாவின் தாத்தா; மாது: ப்ரபிதாமாஹான்= அம்மாவின் கொள்ளு தாத்தா.

அம்மா இல்லை; அம்மாவின் அப்பா இருக்கிறார் என்றால் அம்மாவின் அப்பா காலமாகும் வரை மாதா மஹ வர்க்கம் தர்ப்பணம் செய்ய வேண்டாம்.

Latest ads

Back