• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Swami Nithiyanandha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Dr,
Thanks.
Alwan

You know I feel this types of episodes has happened even in the past cos there is a verse in Uddhava Gita where Lord Krishna says:

For the monk who has not fully controlled his speech,mind,intellect,vows,austerities and charity,leak out like water from an unbaked jar.

Dr RK,
I agree to your view.There have been Great Leaders (leave alone Swamees) who thought Public service is not for personal Gains.There were ministers who after their tenure as minister have gone by public transport.chief minister who had no bank balance etc.Faster life,quick money,luxuries all make man more eager and selfcentred.God to save the world,the people.
alwan

Yes I agree cos somehow it doesnt always feel too right to pronounce someone guilty without a fair trial.

My humble opinions:

I beg to differ. Guess you haven't seen the scandal videos and heard several bizzare statements like "I am was in a trance, I am not a man, I was exploring some higher state etc" by nithayananda during that time. Now he is saying the man in the video is not himself.

Video itself a 200% convincing evidence of his crookedness. It is easy and quite right for anyone to say he is guilty. I am not sure why we need to waste our tax money to do a fair trial.

Sir:

In my opinion, he has wasted his talent over silly things. Scriptures say
' don' t be after anatma ', but he is after anatma, just the reverse of he
might have studied.

I have seen a live TV channel broadcasting his speech preceded by many
encomiums by almost all the leading film actors, actresses, script/lyrics
writers !

There is a saying that where there is smoke there will always be fire. If so many people are following Nithyananda, he must be having some qualities. My guess is that, being a yogi, he might have acquired some siddhis, which he is showing off to impress and gain followers. Yogis gaining siddhis through regular yoga & exercises is something very common. For eg, there is this baba in Gujarat who has not eaten or drank anything for nearly 25 years. All modern medical tests have not been able to identify his source of sustenance.

My point is do we really need all these elaborate yogic and meditation techniques that are being propagated by different babas. The list of such techniques has become very vast now - Life Bliss Programme, Art of Living, Art of Dying, Shiv Yog, Vipassana, Kriya Yoga, Raja Yoga, Sahaj Yoga, Hamsa yoga, Inner Engineering, Oneness, Osho meditations, Transcendental Meditation, Sanatan Kriya, etc etc. Kindly excuse me if anything is left out in the list. I dont remember anything else.

As far as I can remember, no one in my parents/ grand parents generation did any such elaborate, time consuming & difficult things. And they lived through some very difficult times when nothing was available, the two World Wars, Indo-china, Indo-pak wars, emergency. And most were desparately poor, not knowing from where and when and what their next meal would be. Still they were much more happy, relaxed and contended than many people in today's time of plenty.

Why? because their expectations and desires were very minimum. They were happy if they could have even one meal a day and just 2 sets of clothes. Those who are able to understand this formula & implement it in life to the extent possible, need no Nithyananda or anybody else. But because this tribe of people has nearly vanished today, & because people feel that they can purchase anything with money including eternal bliss & experience the almighty, the tribe of such godmen will continue to grow exponentially.

Well said Mr.Venkateswaran. But who is going to listen to us ?

This advice was given by Krishna to Arjuna. The cause of all the sufferings
is 'Kama, Krodha '. If you get what you desire, you want more of it or
something else which you consider will give you more satisfaction. If
you dont get it , you get krodha.

Valluvar said the same thing - parruga parrarran parrinai. There are
ten kurals under the caption ' avaa aruthal '

Thirumoolar went to the extent of saying ' eesanodu aayumin aasai
arumin '.

If your wants are limited you do not certainly need any Godman. No
one is going to change your fate. You will have to reap what you sow.
No escape from it.

There is a saying that where there is smoke there will always be fire. If so many people are following Nithyananda, he must be having some qualities. My guess is that, being a yogi, he might have acquired some siddhis, which he is showing off to impress and gain followers. Yogis gaining siddhis through regular yoga & exercises is something very common. For eg, there is this baba in Gujarat who has not eaten or drank anything for nearly 25 years. All modern medical tests have not been able to identify his source of sustenance.

My point is do we really need all these elaborate yogic and meditation techniques that are being propagated by different babas. The list of such techniques has become very vast now - Life Bliss Programme, Art of Living, Art of Dying, Shiv Yog, Vipassana, Kriya Yoga, Raja Yoga, Sahaj Yoga, Hamsa yoga, Inner Engineering, Oneness, Osho meditations, Transcendental Meditation, Sanatan Kriya, etc etc. Kindly excuse me if anything is left out in the list. I dont remember anything else.

As far as I can remember, no one in my parents/ grand parents generation did any such elaborate, time consuming & difficult things. And they lived through some very difficult times when nothing was available, the two World Wars, Indo-china, Indo-pak wars, emergency. And most were desparately poor, not knowing from where and when and what their next meal would be. Still they were much more happy, relaxed and contended than many people in today's time of plenty.

Why? because their expectations and desires were very minimum. They were happy if they could have even one meal a day and just 2 sets of clothes. Those who are able to understand this formula & implement it in life to the extent possible, need no Nithyananda or anybody else. But because this tribe of people has nearly vanished today, & because people feel that they can purchase anything with money including eternal bliss & experience the almighty, the tribe of such godmen will continue to grow exponentially.

Shri Venkateswaran,

According to my limited observation and analysis, the people of yesteryears had firm belief in the Karma theory, viz., if there is some suffering slated for us, the best that can be done is to pray for (timely) help so as to lessen the magnitude and time span for the sufferings. So, they used to do their daily poojas and prayers more diligently and also perform some "nerchais", mostly not involving expenditure, but physical effort - like chanting some mantra or sloka 1008 times, go to some nearby temple by walk daily and have the "nirmaalya darsanam", etc.

But today the present generation firmly believes in absolute egalitarianism, i.e., all people are equal and no one is supposed to suffer more than someone else; in truth they would say no suffering can be there in the creation of an all-loving God. Why should God be a sadist?, they ask and why should He be taking pleasure in witnessing the suffering of His own children?

I think this sort of twist has happened because of the surreptitious and entirely unintelligent mix-up of the Bhakti notion with the truth of the Karma-based rebirths. Unless some Acharyas or gurus decide to lead the people from this darkness and lead them to light. But such Acharyas will become follower-less in no time if they try that!

.....I beg to differ. Guess you haven't seen the scandal videos and heard several bizzare statements like "I am was in a trance, I am not a man, I was exploring some higher state etc" by nithayananda during that time. Now he is saying the man in the video is not himself.
Vijay TV's Nadandhathu Enna program covered the latest twist in this sordid story, dear Nitti is now claiming his body is that of a six your old kid. Here is a short clip from the program.

The kind of magical tricks he has taken to now means he has a very good future, soon he can have his own personal vault filled with hundreds of KG of gold, silver, and cash running to hundreds of crores.

How can one counter the impeccable logic that he has many followers, so he must have special powers of yoga siddhi?

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Vijay TV's Nadandhathu Enna program covered the latest twist in this sordid story, dear Nitti is now claiming his body is that of a six your old kid. Here is a short clip from the program.

The kind of magical tricks he has taken to now means he has a very good future, soon he can have his own personal vault filled with hundreds of KG of gold, silver, and cash running to hundreds of crores.

How can one counter the impeccable logic that he has many followers, so he must have special powers of yoga siddhi?

Cheers!
hi nara sir,
3 types of upasanas....means worship/puja.....satva upasana...means satvic puja....like nitya karmas.....rajo upasana....kind of

yogic/kundalini upasanas......tamo upasanasa...like tantiric/sacrificial upasanas.....generally established matham follows

sativic upasanas......according to bhagavad gita...

regards
tbs

Last edited:
During the past few days all News Channels were telecasting video clippings of the Guru Poornima celebrations in the Ashram of this "Paramahamsa". In the name of raising Kundalini his male and female followers were made to jump up and down like frogs.

After viewing this spectacle I can describe my reaction to this in one word:
Disgusting.

Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore[/QUOTe

Perhaps dancing meditation, OSHO style.

Nithyananda

I have attended one of his meetings by paying 3,500/-. He utters obscene words about ladies to his assistants. I heard it with my eyes. Most samiars are there to make money. You yourself can see this. They are not sanyasins. They are sinners. If you are careful, you can avoid such frauds.

I have attended one of his meetings by paying 3,500/-. He utters obscene words about ladies to his assistants. I heard it with my eyes. Most samiars are there to make money. You yourself can see this. They are not sanyasins. They are sinners. If you are careful, you can avoid such frauds.

jns,

if you dont mind my asking, what is it in nithyananda, that fascinated you enough, to shell out 3500 rupees in the first place.

what were your expectations in return, for spending that kind of money? was there a refund policy in effect?

Dear friend,

I am curious to know as to what prompted you to go to this Swami and pay Rs.3,500/- . Any how, (on the lighter side) he made you to hear with your eyes, a miracle indeed.

Cheers,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

hi sir,
we can hear through ears.... not eyes...sorry...just kidding.....any way ur contribution to help his activities into multi crore business...

regards
tbs

I can understand what jns1945 is saying. A couple of years ago i paid 250 $ to attend a Nityananda meeting. I went thinking there is knowledge to be learnt. I cannot say the meeting was satisfactory. But Nityananda taught some meditation techniques. I now think that, merely teaching meditation and preaching about shastras does not make one a vidwan and a sanyasi.

In my humble opinion, the more we discuss about them the more important
they become. They perhaps welcome this publicity. These people can be
ignored now, having made the point that they are not real sannyasis and
people must avoid falling into their net.

hi sir,
we can hear through ears.... not eyes...sorry...just kidding.....any way ur contribution to help his activities into multi crore business...

regards
tbs

yes, i think, in tamil, we are more used to saying கண்ணாலே பார்த்தேன் than காதாலே கேட்டேன், whether we witness an event or a hearsay. no?

even today i like N in youtube.his private life is private.but wearing safron robe he has sacrificed glory fame a true renunciate who was caught with his robe down on a flagstaff.wonder where his paramours are as some kunda-leeny has risen in all those weenys.

Dear Friends,

Nithyananda has occupied much of the place of this forum now. Let him be happy for
ever - nithyam + anandam.
We should pack him off to his abode.

Hai All,
I have recently joined this, I have gone through all your comments and I think all of you are wasting time discussing about the so alled swami secondly when the case is in the court we are not suppose to dicuss all these thing so please stop.

instead of the these let us dicuss something useful to all of us I am seeing in todays generation, no one wants to respect out tradition and culture. I have started to explain some of my friends the scietific reason behind our customs and tradition for example today we all are wearing Jeans but not our traditional dhoti, the reason for wearing jeans is only to show that the person is trendy but the reason we wear dhoti is we are living in a hot climite and we require some air to our legs and thies.

I would like all you to contribute such a reasons may be we are wrong in our reasoning but we will realise our mistakes

bye
chary

Hi Charry,
Welcome to this thread.Feel free to express your views on the topics related to TB.We will explain the things known to us.
alwan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back