• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

SriGururajopaharah with English Translation

praveen

Life is a dream
Staff member
श्रीगुरुराजोपहारः

Offering to Sri Gururaja​

शङ्करांश भूमशङ्करार्यपीठसद्गुरून्
शुद्धसत्वभासुरान् सुवर्त्मनीतभूसुरान् ।
सर्वभूतसौख्यदान् क्षमाकरान् यतीश्वरान्
काञ्चिकामकोटिपीठदेशिकानहं भजे ॥

I worship the Gurus of Kanchi Kamakoti Peetham, the Sadgurus of the Peetham of the glorious Shankaracharya, the part of Shiva; shining with pure Satva; leading brahmanas on the right path; bestowing happiness on all beings; ever showing patience and compassion towards people; chief among Yatis.

तारमन्त्रनिष्ठितांश्च शङ्करप्रतिष्ठिता-
ऽद्वैतभावभावुकान् मुदाकरान् कृपाकरान् ।
षण्मतप्रकाशकान् शिवापरांस्तपोधनान्
I worship the Gurus of Kanchi Kamakoti Peetham, who are established in Omkara mantra; who are emotionally attached to the principle of Advaita established by Adi Shankaracharya; who bestow happiness and compassion; who light up the six modes of worship (established by Adi Shankara, viz. Ganapatyam, Shaivam, Vaishnavam, Shaktam, Souram and Koumaram); who are dedicated to Devi; whose wealth is tapas (austerity).

ताननित्यनित्यवस्तुभेदवेदिमानसान्
ऐहिकस्य चेतरस्य भोगभागदूरगान् ।
निर्जितान्तरिन्द्रियांस्त्रिकालवेदिनश्शुभान्
I worship the Gurus of Kanchi Kamakoti Peetham, whose minds perceive the difference between things transient and eternal; who are at a distance from pleasures of this world and the next; who have conquered the internal organs of cognition; the auspicious Gurus, who are aware of the three time periods - past, present and future.

शासिताक्षसैन्धवान् सुशिष्टबुद्धिसारथीन्
त्यक्तकर्मविभ्रमान् यथाविधि प्रशान्तिगान् ।
द्वन्द्वसाम्यनिष्ठितान् प्रहृष्टमानसान् गुरून्
I worship the Gurus of Kanchi Kamakoti Peetham, who have controlled the external sense organs galloping like horses; who are charioteers for the intellects of disciplined people; who have abandoned the mesh of karma as per Shastras; who have attained the Supreme Shanti (peace); who are established in equanimity between opposing dualities; whose minds are joyful.

दोषदर्शिनश्च वासनादिनीतवस्तुषु
श्रीगुरूपदेशवेदशीर्षवाक्यभावुकान् ।
नित्यमोक्षनिर्भरान् फलैकसङ्गनिस्पृहान्
I worship the Gurus of Kanchi Kamakoti Peetham, who perceive the blemish in things to which mental tendencies lead; who are attached to the statements of Upanishads, the crest of Vedas, as taught by Guru; ever focused on Moksha; with detachment to fruits of actions.

ब्रह्मवस्तुदर्शिनः प्रपञ्चभूतसञ्चये
सर्वभूतमात्मनि प्रविष्टमेव भाविनः ।
कामरोषलोभमोहवर्गषट्कमोचितान्
I worship the Gurus of Kanchi Kamakoti Peetham, who perceive only Brahman in the multitude of beings in the universe; who consider all beings as having entered into their own Atma; who release devotees from the clutches of the six enemies, viz. desire, anger, greed, delusion, conceit and jealousy.

ब्रह्मदण्डमण्डितान् विभूतिभासुराङ्गकान्
व्युप्तकेशराजितान् कषायचेलशोभितान् ।
कुण्डिकालसत्करान् सुपादुकाविभूषणान्
काञ्चिकामकोटिपीठदेशिकानहं भजे ।।
I worship the Gurus of Kanchi Kamakoti Peetham, who are decorated by Brahmadanda, whose limbs shine with sacred ashes (Vibhuti), who are adorned with shaven heads, who are splendid in saffron robes, whose hands shine with water-pot (Kamandalu) and whose ornaments are auspicious Padukas (footwear).

राजमौलिकीरपञ्जरान्परात्मपूजकान्
श्रीपुराधिदेवताचकोरचन्द्रतल्लजान् ।
ब्रह्मलोकमार्गभानुमण्डलप्रभेदकान्
I worship the Gurus of Kanchi Kamakoti Peetham, who are cages for the parrots of the crowns of kings (i.e. kings always prostrate to the Gurus); who worship Paramatma; who are the best among the chakora birds longing for the moon of Maha Tripurasundari, the chief of Sripuram (chakora birds drink only the nectar from moon’s rays and nothing else); who break through the Surya Mandala on the way to Brahmaloka.

Translated: P. R. Kannan

Latest ads

Back