• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Sri Vidhya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Sri. Manikandan,

Normally, one does not get initiation in public forums - like some of the new age gurus do. It is forbidden and can be only given by a qualified guru, as Srividya is being misused and various new forms have sprung up, the traditional practitioners generally stay away from the crowd.

Do read up on Nirvana Sundari blog - maybe you can get a lot of ideas from there. If you do belong to one of the Mutts such as Sringeri or Kanchi mutt, do approach the gurus with all humility and place your request with them. They may bestow kindness and will guide you in the right direction.

One thing -it is not even easy to have such a liking for the mother, it only means you may have been her devotee in some janma, some other place..so it is very heartening!

Dear Sri. Manikandan,

Normally, one does not get initiation in public forums - like some of the new age gurus do. It is forbidden and can be only given by a qualified guru, as Srividya is being misused and various new forms have sprung up, the traditional practitioners generally stay away from the crowd.

Do read up on Nirvana Sundari blog - maybe you can get a lot of ideas from there. If you do belong to one of the Mutts such as Sringeri or Kanchi mutt, do approach the gurus with all humility and place your request with them. They may bestow kindness and will guide you in the right direction.

One thing -it is not even easy to have such a liking for the mother, it only means you may have been her devotee in some janma, some other place..so it is very heartening!

Sir,

Thank you for your kind reply. I can almost see the way you frown while reading my request and while replying. It is also heartening to get this direction from you. I will try to keep looking for my gurus as I don't know anything about belonging to a mutt. As you said it is not good to seek guru in public media. But searching for a genuine guru is quite tough these days. The rituals and the reasons for them are disappearing like anything these days. But I wanted to try in any way it is possible. This is the first. May she listen to my pleas and send me to guru who will quench my thirst and remove my bonds.

Manikandan.S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back