• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Sree Vidya Trust & Old Age Home, Chennai.

We live in Pune in the midst of Senior Army Officers Quarters. I have a known Brahmin lady in Chennai who was even let down by her own Sons and daughters after the death of her old age husband. For sometime friends and other relatives of this old lady were paying the Dues to this Trust. But later on they almost abandoned her and stopped paying her. This Old lady was staying in Sree Vidya Trust & Old Age Home in Chennai whose Founder Trustee is Mrs.B.Viajayalakshmi. For the past 4 years the old lady could not pay her monthly dues. But the Trustee Vijayalakshmi although she knew it, never insisted or emphasized for the payment. So for the next 4 years this Old lady is living in the same Old Age Home without paying anything Free Of Cost. Who will have this much big heart in this current world for such benevolence. I would suggest that Sree Vidya Trust is one of the best old age homes in Chennai/Tamil Nadu. Brahmins from any part of this world could drop in their loved ones here and can be rest assured.

Attachments

• VijiThumbnail (1).jpg
    VijiThumbnail (1).jpg
    320.1 KB · Views: 639
OP
OP
S

SwapnaRaman

Actually this Trust was faring very well few years before but now I hear that there is tussle between this Trustee Vijaya Lakshmi and another Male Trustee. Recently when I visited Chennai and went to this Trust I could Hear from some reliable elders there that the properties( Both Jewells and cash) left behind by them finally is being taken away by the authorities without properly intimating their relatives. This made me fee bad. Those running such paid old age homes must be fair enough and transparent. I wish the trustees change their attitude for good.

accesslavanya

Sree Vidya Trust and Old Age Home: This exists in Ramapuram Chennai and I had visited here in the first week of July 2021 for knowing the procedure to admit one of our known relative lady aged 82 years. That time this Trustee Vijayalakshmi was not available in the Old Age Home. But in her absence what we heard from others there was shocking. Initially they collect a non returnable amount of 50K for which no receipt is issued. Other than this monthly dues are to be paid correctly failing which the elders would be abused by the lady staff and threatened. Some say that They do not feed them if the monthly fees not paid on time. But the most shocking part is that this Trust dose not return the Cash, Belongings like Jewels etc when someone die here. It was Shocking of my life to here such stories from the elders residing there. Thank God I didn't believe what other said and visited here directly. Due to these facts I stopped admitting my known person here and instead chose to admit her in a far better Old Age Home near Arumbakkam. Lavanya [email protected] Shenoy Nagar, Chennai 600 030

Lotusinsanskrit

I think people are coming here with indirect publicity by saying one is good and another is bad. If I link the two threads one on Prem kutir and another on this sree vidya, the name suggest so (I may be wrong). Now latest is one is saying this as bad and come with another one good but there also the name strucks.

Is it only to me? Or somebody else also feel so?

LionguardTrust

For those requiring financial assistance to support aged elders of the Brahmin community

You may write to [email protected] and seek help.

The trust will need the following to validate the requirement.
1. KYC - aadhar and pan
2. Bank account Passbook front page and statement for one year

Preference is to support education or support for elderly, so if there's a fees paid / to be paid schedule to school / senior citizen homes, you may add that.

Recommendation from any of the Brahmana Sabha / upasabha secretaries supporting. You may also get that from any known person of repute.

The trust may decide to support with one time payment or monthly support for a few months. Please also mention you got to know if then from this forum.

Wish you the best.

Follow Tamil Brahmins on Social Media

Thank you for visiting TamilBrahmins.com

You seem to have an Ad Blocker on.

We depend on advertising to keep our content free for you. Please consider whitelisting us in your ad blocker so that we can continue to provide the content you have come here to enjoy.

Alternatively, consider upgrading your account to enjoy an ad-free experience along with numerous other benefits. To upgrade your account, please visit the account upgrades page

You can also donate financially if you can. Please Click Here on how you can do that.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks